What's your Kryptonite?

Options

Replies

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Beans, carrots and cucumber are kryptonite? That's a mighty small culinary world those folks live in.... :)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    #24.... water?

Who did they survey? The Wicked Witch of the West?
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    #24.... water?

Who did they survey? The Wicked Witch of the West?

Ha Ha

No kidding!

And I thought water was a good thing!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Science to the rescue! These guys basically asked "what's your kryptonite?" And the #1 answer was pizza!

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0117959

I make keto friendly pizza (crustless) all the time. The breaded stuff is ZERO temptation.

Keto friendly chocolate is scary easy to find.

And cheese crisps are better tasting that chips ever dreamed of being.

Haven't even bothered trying a LC cookie because I don't miss them exactly.

Chocolate mousse (hwc, dark cocoa powder, sweetener) is great. Or a cream cheese mix. Haven't tried keto ice creams yet - too complicated. LOL

I could go on, but LMFAO...

And hee hee hee at the water/WWotW comment - priceless!
  • Psychofilly
    Psychofilly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Waffles. I loves me some waffles. I don't even try to make the low carb kind because that will just make me want some real waffles with real syrup. And grits. I used to have a big bowl of grits with every breakfast (unless I was having waffles). In fact, it was grits that started the initial carb creep after I lost my baby weight. So I've managed to avoid those two altogether.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Waffles. I loves me some waffles. I don't even try to make the low carb kind because that will just make me want some real waffles with real syrup. And grits. I used to have a big bowl of grits with every breakfast (unless I was having waffles). In fact, it was grits that started the initial carb creep after I lost my baby weight. So I've managed to avoid those two altogether.

Major kudos to you!!! @Psychofilly! Those are huge progress markers.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Grits are evil! I used to think I was doing good when eating them, lol!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Man! I wish Salmon was my Kryptonite...
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have found Lychees in the following places in the US: Safeway (hit or miss-- some stores special order them), Trader Joes (they stocked them for like 5 minutes this year) and Asian markets. There is a place in Florida that sells them online but it's about $30 per pound. They are also sold on Amazon along with their first cousins, Mangosteens (not nearly as good in my opinion).

But as I told the nearly 30 people at my office who asked about the weird fruit I was eating, "BEWARE THEY ARE ADDICTING". About 26 of those people became addicted (one of them seriously like me) and the others didn't like them. So you have been warned.

Are they better than Pineapples? I so miss fresh ripe pineapples.... :(:'(

I would love to taste a Lychee, just for the experience. I've been Keto for 10 months now, its amazing what I can resist and all the foods I once was ADDICTED to, are just another food to avoid. If I want to eat a juicy Honey Crisp apple, I do, :o but it takes me 3-4 days to do it (cut into quarters, one 1/4 per day) LOL!

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary

• KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    French fries ... and dark beer, specifically Fuller's London Porter. In fact, I told my husband he can bring any beer into the house except that one. My willpower just isn't that strong.
  • shrinkinmama27
    shrinkinmama27 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wine. I LOVE wine, and I know a little is ok on LCHF, but it always makes me want to snack
  • itsbakertime
    itsbakertime Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream & soft bread (e.g. like what they use for oil/vinegar).
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I was Skypeing with my mum the other day and she started talking about how often they are eating new potatoes from the garden and I suddenly realised I had found my kryptonite!! A bowl of new potatoes, cooked with mint, and a huge amount of butter!!! Actually...new potatoes cooked without mint and as a side to anything!! Must have lashing of butter still though! :)
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I would KILL for a cupcake right now. Not just any cupcake though-- there is a specialty bake shop not far from where I live that makes the BEST, monstrous vanilla w/ buttercream cupcakes.... UGH.
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Besides an extraordinary love of lychees, I confess I also have plans to plant Coe's Golden Drop plum and Ashmead's Kernel apple trees once I get my house with a big yard. Who knows what will happen once I try those. I adore fruit-- what can I say!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »

What are grits? Is it a potato hash? I've never seen them up here before.
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For me its the chips, or crumbed fish Instead of getting upset I allow myself to have a little chips now and then and some fish once a week or fortnight stops me from feeling like crap and the results keep coming. I used to crave soft drinks and crap but now I don't like them anymore not one bit don't even miss the crap. fell in love with Bulletproof coffee every day though.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    nvsmomketo wrote: »

Are you an American? If so, you probably are not from the south.

Grits are the inner kernel of corn ground up similar to oatmeal. It is served just like oatmeal, cooked in boiling water, butter, cream or milk, sugar or maple syrup or honey.

I hope this helps,
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
    93 pounds down, 31 to go.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    parkdad73 wrote: »
    Pepsi and Dr Pepper. I'm a newbie to keto but I've gone moderate carb in the past. If I allow myself this "treat" then all my control flies out the window.

I miss pop.

Yey! Someone else who calls it "pop"! Moved South 5 years ago and get the strangest looks.
    Pop was certainly my demon for years and I knew weight loss would not happen without kicking that habit. Once I did after 6 months I couldn't even sip it anymore. It the carbonation made it taste like battery acid.

All carbonated bev's are called "Coke" down south. Even if its a Sprite, someone will ask you "what kinda Coke do you want? A: Sprite....LOL! (I was born and raised in Dallas.) "Pop", is a dead ringer that you're a Yankee....

Up here in Michigan, they do it too. If a waitress asks you what you want to drink, a Michigander will say, a "Diet". Well, there dozens of diet drinks, but I soon learned that a "diet" is only a diet Coke (or Pepsi if pushed).
    LOL, all of western Canada calls it 'pop,' if anyone calls it soda, it's like "Huh?!" If you say Coke up here, that's exactly what you'll get. And Diet Coke is more popular than Coke Zero simply because it is easier to say and rolls off the tongue faster - most places offer both on the menu.

• KnitOrMiss
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

Are you an American? If so, you probably are not from the south.

Grits are the inner kernel of corn ground up similar to oatmeal. It is served just like oatmeal, cooked in boiling water, butter, cream or milk, sugar or maple syrup or honey.

I hope this helps,
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
    93 pounds down, 31 to go.

@nvsmomketo It is also very close to polenta, though polenta is usually cooked to form, and grits are, as Dan said, servered like a savory oatmeal, usually with cheese and butter. I've never seen the served sweet as Dan mentions above.

In other countries, polenta, corn meal, or corn flour are sometimes used as the terms there, depending on location.

If you are familiar with the Mexican food staple cornbread, it is what is used in that, but prepared as a porridge type meal.