Like Minded Lushes - July 2015

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    It's tequila day?! I don't have any. Hmmmmm.....

Kate your beer making sounds fun. Eric has always wanted to do it, but we have neither the time or space in which to do so. Have fun!

Monday - 1 312
    Tuesday - 2 dirty martinis
    Wednesday - 2 glasses of wine, 2 beers, a cocktail
    Thursday - peach vodka with seltzer. I'm thinking of infusing some seltzer with ginger and basil tonight and mixing that.

Technically I have 7 drinks left for the weekend. I may be seeing some deductions on my challenge.... I am going to try to take it easy this weekend. No real plans. My friend and her daughter may come over tonight. I'll be semi-solo Mom most of the weekend as Eric has a bunch of house stuff to do. He started tiling our porch about 3 months ago and still has yet to grout it and tile the steps. It's driving him mad. I'll most likely end up at the pool with the kids most of the day Saturday. Have a great weekend all!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ashley-we do extract brewing, so no mashing, no sparging....1 5gal kettle, two plastic buckets, and a carboy or two is all you really need for big equipment. Of course, Lenny now has 4 buckets, 3 carboys, 4 kegs, a and kegerator...which is way more than we need, but...boys will be boys. He didn't care what we brought with us to Hawaii, as long as he beer stuff made it :laugh: He is the scientist behind how the beers are made, I am the cook and help with ideas.
    The melomel we are making tomorrow is SUPER EASY!!!!!!!!!! Literally, all we have to do is dissolve 12lbs of honey in water and add yeast, DONE! After primary fermentation, we will add the berries and and probably let that go for a couple months. But I like this because it won't take 3 hours in the kitchen to get it done and there will be minimal clean up...which adds at least 2 hours to the day!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Lushes,
    It's been crazy at work so I go home and nurse sweet tea vodka and lemonade or white wine spritzers. So I am doing better on the actual booze amount since I am mixing. You know me I like my stuff straight most of the time.

Bridget hugs to you. We do whatever we can for our fur children. We have settled into a routine with the Bodi boy, but I still get sad when I think of how energetic and playful he was and how beautiful he was when he ran. all of that is gone now but he still likes to play tug and he sometimes forgets he can't run until he looses his balance. But he knows he is loved and spoiled.

The scale is still very very slowly creeping downward. Since I am not really doing much differently that is a good thing.

So we are going to an AuqaSox game tomorrow (lower class Mariner farm team) Its a company thing so the requisite hot dogs and hamburgers and potato salad will be consumed. I will most like have a beer or two.

TGIF and have a great weekend lushes.

BTW
    Hi Zip how's the team doing?
    Welcome Elena
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Kate - That doesn't sound so bad. The only other problem with brewing beer is that we have opposite beer tastes. Eric likes IPA's - the hoppier the better. I prefer a wheat. I don't mind hops but hate bitter beer. Eric's go to beer right now is out of Lexington KY (where we went to college, met, and lived for 7 years). It's West 6 IPA. If you ever see it around your stores..... :drinker: The other problem with brewing beer is that we'll just have even more reasons to drink. We considered getting a split kegerator with each of our beers and I decided that was probably just a really bad idea because while I am not a HUGE beer drinker, I do love a good beer out of the tap. And that's just too easy. Mmmmm...now I want a beer. Maybe one day we'll brew..... :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I may have to celebrate National Tequila day..it's my duty as a lush, right? :drinker:
    Looking forward to a quiet weekend home. Have the cleaning lady here today (one thing good about being in pain and having a bum shoulder...no major chores for me!)...will get in a walk and whatever cardio I can manage...that's about it.
    Enjoy everyone!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    My husband and our friend brew beer in his basement (I am friends with the wife, I am not sure how I got lucky enough to have them do it at their house instead of ours :D ). I don't think they are pros at it or anything, but alot of the stuff they have made turns out pretty good. Ashley I am with you, I prefer wheat and Mike loves IPAs. But, I have definitely expanded my beer choices over the past couple years.

Have I mentioned I cannot wait to have a beer!! Or 4?!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Soon Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are feeling well!!!

Friday-margaritas and a beer
    Saturday-margaritas, vodka/red bulls, cornona, and twisted tea....number unknown :wink: we ended up going to Lenny's cousins for a BBQ.
    Sunday-about 4 8oz pours of our blueberry saison
    Monday-Thinking a big fat 0

Lenny's aunt in coming to stay for a few days and I have a feeling there will be some drinks while she is around.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi Chloe!
    I moderated Friday..just 1 shot of Tequila and some wine. Saturday was vodka and wine. Too much. 0 on Sunday.
    Another 0 today?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Friday - 2 glasses of wine and 2 cocktails. I did not open the second bottle of wine. Yay me!
    Saturday - glass of wine around 3. Took cocktails to the pool = 2. 2 glasses of wine at dinner. I did not finish my last glass of wine of the night because i fell aspleep at 10:30 watching Big Brother.
    I wasn't going to drink yesterday, but Eric opened a beer, so I had some wine in the kiddie pool while I played princesses with Daphne. Then I had a cocktail. Then I had 3 beers at my FIL's 83rd birthday party. So I was 8 drinks over for the week. I still feel good about my moderation over the weekend. I was never hungover.

Tonight we're going to see Glass Animals and dinner before. I'm hoping to have a beer at dinner and 3 drinks at the show, but we'll see how long it is.
    Tuesday WILL be a 0 and hopefully Wednesday too. My friend is stopping through Thursday night so we'll have some wine and/or cocktails. No plans for the weekend. I'm going to try harder at my goal this week.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Do you watch the live feeds for big brother? It's my summer guilty pleasure but haven't been really into a season for a while now.

I started bloodline on netfix. It's ok so far
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just checking in. Don't know how I let this month get away from me.

Got back to my P90X today and going to focus on that instead of cardio like I have been.

Going to shoot for more 0's too.

Hope everyone is well. Bridget I hope things work out for your pup, I know exactly what it's like. My Chloe had to have emergency back surgery when she was 3, it was over $3000. I don't remember if they had payment plans but I knew I couldn't afford it by myself but Kyle being her daddy said we would do what we needed to for her. She is now going to be 12 and although she's paralyzed she is happy as a pig in mud <3
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey Kat!!!! Good to hear from you!!!!

Monday-0 :noway:

Auntie is coming in this afternoon, so I am sure there will be drinks. I need to keep my *kitten* together and limit it to 3. Hungover Shredding is not fun.....either is doing it after work, so.....
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I'm totally screwed this week. I had a cocktail before dinner last night. 2 beers at dinner. Then a cocktail and 3 16 ouncers at the show. So I'm sitting at 7.

And Eric's buddy is coming over tonight. And we're supposed to go to the free concert on the river tomorrow. And my friend will be here Thursday . And we're having another friend over for dinner Friday.

I drank beer for the most part last night so I actually feel fine today. A little sleepy because my kiddo woke up a bit, but I'm pretty good. The show was really fun too.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-4 vodka tonics....not bad and we were still in bed early!!!
    Wednesday-more of the same, I'm sure.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 7
    Tuesday - I got a 0! Eric's buddy literally came over for work stuff and they each had a beer. He left early, I had none, and we were in bed by 10.

Not sure about tonight. There's a chance of rain so I'm not dragging the kids out in the rain.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I almost had a zero. I caved and had a glass of wine and then a shot of Vodka. Oh well. I need to fix my brakes and I need a new top on my car but I would much rather spend the money on a trip to Jamaica. I will do what I have to do but it stresses me out. I can't believe how fast July has blown by. We really need to get our act together and install the deck and finish tiling the planter. sounds like you all are hanging in there.

Have a great Wednesday. "Hey Mike, what day is it? huh? huh? come on what day is it?"
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Pluggin along. Was up 3.5 lbs after a family campout weekend, but will work on getting that off this week. Good luck with your car Robin. Nicely done on the zero Katie.

Chloe- I used to brew beer, but it didn't go well with my weight!

Happy Wednesday all!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So far no 0's yet :o husband has earnings so he'll most likely be home late the next two weeks. BUT I've been good with food and gotten back to a round of P90X and am INCREDIBLY sore... And I have Shoulders and Arms today :noway:

Had a decent amount of wine last night but also had close to 200 Oz of water for the day so I woke up feeling totally fine B)

Going to try for a zero tonight but no promises ;):drinker:

Happy hump day lushes!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-4 vodka tonics
    Wednesday-3 grape vodka and sprite
    Today, my mom and I are going to lunch, which means cocktails!!! Then probably more when I get home!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    0 yesterday. 0 today. Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon about my shoulder tomorrow.