Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm running Little Rock Marathon this weekend. It will be my first full.
  • OrionSlayer
    OrionSlayer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Shamrockn' half marathon in Sacramento, CA on Sunday, March 13. Are there any other Sacramento area runners who will be there that day?
  • OrionSlayer
    Options
    gsh0824 wrote: »
    I'm running Little Rock Marathon this weekend. It will be my first full.

@gsh0824 - How did your marathon go?
  • greghenley1
    Options
    @OrionSlayer It was good! Everything was going great until about mile 21. Thats when I hit "The Wall". Luckily there was an aid station at 21 and I was able to get some solid food (banana and some pretzels). It took about anther mile to recover and I was able to come in under my goal time of 4:30. Chip time was 4:26:22.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I have a little 5 mile race on Saturday - Johnny's Runnin' of the Green. Hoping to match last year's time, while being in better shape at the finish line than last year.
  • OrionSlayer
    Options
    @gsh0824 Way to go. Hope your recovery is going well. What's next?
  • greghenley1
    Options
    @OrionSlayer Recovery is going great all ready got a couple of short easy runs in this week. As of now I only have a couple of 5K's on the schedule in April. Shooting for a PR there, both are flat and fast courses.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I've got my first spring race tomorrow! A semi-local 5k. I'm hoping for a top 3 AG placement -- and if the field is very similar to that of last year's race, I may even place top 3 women overall! Mostly want to get 21:30 or faster; that'll be a 45 second PR from last fall. I've been stupid excited about this race all week. It's been too long since I went all-out in a race!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Any UK runners around here? I'm doing a 30 mile race in the New Forest on Saturday. Though I have woken up this morning with a stinking cold. Hoping I can shift this by the weekend.

Starting to doubt the plan of booking this race 3 weeks after running my first marathon of the year.

Ah well, should be good. Just going to take it easy and enjoy the run.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Did a 5k race this morning! 31 min, which is not my PR, but I have not been running in a while, so I am very happy! :)
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Ran a 15K this morning. Last race before Boston.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Hershey 10k on tomorrow.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Caesar Rodney HM Sunday. Which people in some race reports have said is the oldest continuously running HM in the United States. Pretty cool!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Good luck @dewd2 hope it goes/went well!

Good luck tomorrow @Kristinegift
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Running the Inaugural Rock n Roll Raleigh 5K on Saturday, April 9. Running the Rock n Roll Raleigh marathon on Sunday, April 10. First time with my Marathon Maniacs shirt.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    10k trail race 10th April, I've not run this one before.....believe it's quiet hill.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    tough mudder on saturday
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Really excited for you @MobyCarp. I have been around enough of the running forums here to know that you have trained very hard for this, so I am sure you will do well. As someone who has trained for a BQ marathon and hoping to run it in 2017, I can really appreciate the magnitude of this event for you. I understand the amount of time, energy, focus and determination it takes to get to that starting line, let alone the finish. I hope that this race is everything you dreamed it would be and more. I'm sure that there are many of us here that will be eagerly awaiting the recap! Best of Luck!!!
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    @lporter229 - Perhaps I'll see you at Boston in 2017. My coach is already expecting me to run it, notwithstanding the fact that I have yet to run a marathon in the qualifying window for 2017.