Replies

• DoreenS
    DoreenS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Laguna Hills half on Monday
  • runbabarun
    runbabarun Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ran Buffalo half today. 1:40:54. My first race in three years!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Great job @runbabarun! I know several people who ran the 1/2 and the full in Buffalo today. Good job surviving the heat!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Ridgewood, New Jersey 5K Memorial Day. My second "race" after the Run the Hook on Sandy Hook, New Jersey 29:04 as my first 5K in about 25 years 121/536 overall and 3/9 age and gender group[

Updated: A Personal Best. So it was my second "race", Ridgewood New Jersey 5K, still did a better time. 28:28 chip time, (down from 29:09). Mile pace 9:09; overall 527/1345; Gender placement 386/733; Division M 60-64 16/27. There are some real fast older guys out there. Winner of my division beat me by about 9 minutes
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Running the Asheville half on Saturday--my first half marathon. Very nervous!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Running the Asheville half on Saturday--my first half marathon. Very nervous!

Good luck! Hope the weather is cool for you!
  • STrooper
    Options
    I'm running an "unscheduled" race (well, unscheduled for me, initially) in Raleigh...Midtown Raleigh Race 13.1 Half-Marathon. On a new course from when I ran this two years ago. Weather may be really, really ugly. Goal is to break 2:00:00 for the very first time.
  • apullum
    Options
    STrooper wrote: »
    I'm running an "unscheduled" race (well, unscheduled for me, initially) in Raleigh...Midtown Raleigh Race 13.1 Half-Marathon. On a new course from when I ran this two years ago. Weather may be really, really ugly. Goal is to break 2:00:00 for the very first time.

Good luck! It is supposed to be warm and rainy in the Triangle, unfortunately (we live in Durham).
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good luck @apullum and @STrooper on your races.

@Strooper Hope the weather cooperates and you can make your PR.

@apullum I haven't done a half yet so I'll be curious to hear how your first goes - best of luck! Have fun most of all.

I'm just doing a 5k tomorrow and it is for fun with a team - we're forming a "megapede" linking a bunch of runners together. We'll be at the back of the pack obviously and just megapeding our way along having fun while wearing antennae and being silly. It's to raise money for pediatric cancer.

Then on Tuesday night I have an actual race - the JC Morgan Corporate Challenge which is 3.5 miles. I'm hoping to beat my current 5K personal best, which is 34:18.
  • apullum
    Options
    @katharmonic That sounds so fun! I'm running a pretty hilly race, so I'm mostly just aiming to finish.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What is becoming an annual tradition (I've run the last two), the Camp Toccoa D-Day Memorial 10k Run. Will not be a distance PR, my only goal: beat last year's time.

Why? There's a mountain in the middle. The race runs from Camp Toccoa up Currahee Mountain (about a 550ft climb over the course of about a mile) and back to the start. At least there's a massive downhill...

Last year's run:
    qRc0Zk

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 k today! I was concerned it might be hot, but it was actually pretty chilly and rained all morning; stopped right before the race started. The Mackinaw island where I raced is beautiful this time of year with lilacs blooming everywhere... No cars are allowed on the island, one can walk, bike, or ride a horse carriage, which are abundant...

The race started in the town - there was about 1000 people running. First mile was easy and picturesque, but then there was a huge hill which threw me off... I really wanted to walk, but kept jogging - very slowly I must admit. We kept climbing up for about a mile until we reached the highest point on the island. The third mile took us downhill to the shore and the rest of the course was nice and flat. I knew there would be a hill, but I did not appreciate it in advance. I hoped to run it in under an hour, but did it in 1:05. Still happy taking into account crazy elevation changes...

After running 10k, I walked the same course to take pictures! :) And then walked more, for about three hours - did at least 15 miles today... I can barely feel my legs right now and I am sure will be sore tomorrow. But it was worth it! Some pictures are below :)

wl5s2pxsmdbp.jpg
    iozdybrihhux.jpg
    52t5qaymeszd.jpg
    nsja702zfors.jpg
    bern3g8e2ie4.jpg
    cagw77d9qmq3.jpg
    svxfr1nmlrde.jpg
    n36xostlw7cv.jpg
    ojblswmxulir.jpg
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Time to start training for a half! :)
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I did a 6hr endurance but as a team (so 3hrs). It poured with rain and I'm glad I took several changes of clothes as after every hour out there I had to change into fresh clothes. It was super muddy (it was a trail) overall ended up with 24.9km, my training plan was for 20km so happy with that.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    First ever 10k is tomorrow at 0745! Looking forward to it, as this is my "tune up" race before my HM in 24 days
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Another 5k in the morning. Flinchy for the Cure 5k benefiting the Leukemia Society.
  • STrooper
    Options
    I'll be running a "Four on the Fourth" locally in Carrboro, NC on Monday, July 4th. The dewpoint has been around 71°F all this week so it'll be a challenging race to run.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    First cross-country race of the season is this Saturday. I'm not in tremendous race-shape, and the course is very hilly, so I have low expectations. I am looking forward to travelling with the team. There is always post-race beer.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Four Miler this Saturday. Super Hero Run. Got my Captain America shirt and everything.

Coach says: Make it a time trail for the Half Marathon on September 25.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    https://rampagerun.org/ Running with a non-competitive team from work, after my 10-12 mile LR this Saturday.