Who is racing this weekend?

Options
DavidMartinez2
DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
So who is racing this weekend? 5K to marathon, let us know what you are doing and good luck out there.

Replies

• sarahcyr3
    sarahcyr3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am! ! Ocean Park 5k in old orchard beach maine. A Friday night race.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    I always have a hard time planning my meals with night races. Good luck with your race :)
  • lturner8
    lturner8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the BTN Big10K on Saturday in Chicago. Love the Big Ten schools theme!
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Run with Heart 5k in Morrisville, NC. Goal race of the season before I move on to marathon training. Trying not to be scared out of my mind. It's a 5k. But it is *THE* 5k.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    Running the Tijuana Marathon on Sunday. I am pacing a friend for a 1:30 half and then just coasting the second half. The last two years it has been very warm on race day and I expect the same this year; not sure why I keep torturing myself with the full.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am running the Pear Fair 5-miler, in Courtland, Calif., on Sunday. The route travels through the orchards. AND, most importantly, they have everything pear at the Fair: pear pie, pear ice cream, pear bread, etc., etc.
    Oh, did I mention I am going to run too?
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Running the boys beating cancer race on Sunday in fancy dress as Captain Jack sparrow
  • deanna0127
    deanna0127 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ran the San Francisco Marathon on July 26th. It was my first full marathon... Running across Golden Gate was incredible, but I probably should have picked one less difficult for my first.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm running the 100km Thames Path Challenge this weekend. Hoping to complete it in around 12 hours.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I've got a local 5 miler this weekend. Hoping to place top 3 in my AG! ::fingers crossed!::

@FatMoojor Good luck!!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @kristinegift thank you.

Good luck on your 5 miler, what is the time you're looking for, to post for top 3?

(3 edits and that still doesn't read correct)
  • DennyB1964
    DennyB1964 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first 5K this weekend!

The goal so far is just to run the whole thing, which may or may not happen. I'm hoping I can rein in the adrenaline enough to keep me running but not jackrabbit the first mile.

Temps should be around 76F when the race starts, so that's a good thing. It goes up pretty quickly from there - 80F by the time I finish.

But I am excited!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    What a great variety of goals: a 100km Ultra, a 5 mile PR/AG award and a first 5K! That's what makes this group so great. Excited for all of you...Good Luck!!!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Bottle and Cork 10 Miler in Dewey Beach, DE. Low 70s and humid. It's going to be a sweat fest! Wooo!!!
  • kristinegift
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    @kristinegift thank you.

Good luck on your 5 miler, what is the time you're looking for, to post for top 3?

(3 edits and that still doesn't read correct)

Hoping for ~38 minutes. I looked at previous results, and only 1-2 people per female age groups paced much below 8:00/mile, so I have a good shot if the runner level doesn't change much this year!
  • DennyB1964
    DennyB1964 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    What a great variety of goals: a 100km Ultra, a 5 mile PR/AG award and a first 5K! That's what makes this group so great. Excited for all of you...Good Luck!!!

Thanks! No matter what, I know I'll finish, one way or another. And I know I'm going to have fun too!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sprint triathlon on Sunday :) Hoping for no thunderstorms!

@Raviv64 - good luck with the 5k!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    MVP Rochester Half Marathon on Sunday, 9/20. This is the fourth leg of the Four Seasons Challenge, where I will pick up the final piece of the 4-part medal. The weather shouldn't be anywhere near as challenging as the winter or summer halfs, though perhaps not as picture perfect as the spring half was. Yes, I know. September 20 is still technically summer. But this still counts as the autumn leg of Four Seasons.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Raced on Friday September 25 in the Evening.
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Sorry for the Long Winded Post, still on a race high,

At 11:00am I Managed to get the afternoon off work. 11:01 Registered for the Roots and Ruts 10km Trail Race.
    http://racepro.ca/rootsandrutsrun/ ( I called it Rocks, Roots and Ruts in a previous post-me bad )
    Drove for 2 hours to reach Grande Prairie, AB. Checked in at the Tent at the start area and grabbed my Bling Bag. Unfortunately being I was a late entry all they had were Medium Sugoi Shirts. Managed to Trade up to a Large with a Lady who was swimming in her shirt. Now just need to trade up to an XL as they fit a little small.
    And yes it was Just Stupid Fun. The Trails were covered in the first batch of leaves to fall, lots of tree roots crossing at weird angles and weird little stumps sticking up. ( they had Spray Painted them all a Brilliant Orange - Green or Blue would have been better due to the Orange leaves ). No Mud hazards as it has been a dry fall. At the 4 km mark they had some trees blow down overnight. They cleaned them up and 1 more fell over just before the start, so a Hurdle now became part of the race.
    Really only my 3rd truly "Organized Race" ( 322 Total Runners with Official Times ) and my second one with chip timing. 01:00:06.35 Placed 23 out of 108 in the 10km race ( actual distance per Strava/Map My Run = 10.8km ) and 2/6 in my age group. I was shocked because at the start I got trapped a little bit to far back in the pack and some 5km walkers and 5km Family runners were in the middle of the pack so lots of people to pass. I didn't realize it until the end of the race that I only had 2 people pass me. Based on my 6:02 pace per Km only 60 people had better pace times across all three distances.
    Being I live in a major River Valley and run hills to get to flat land I absolutely Killed the Hills and did most of my pass's on the Hills or just over the Hills when People would be slowed down. Once I got past the 2km mark most of the Crowd was behind me then the slow catch up and pass process began without going to hard that I would Bonk out. racepro.ca/races/rootsandruts/2015oa_10.txt.

Signs that "You might be an addicted Runner"

1) $60.00 Entry Fee
    2) 2 hr Drive to Event Location
    3) 1 hr Event
    4) 2 hrs Standing around Cheering other Runners in and Post Event Chilli Supper/Presentations
    5) 2 hrs Drive back Home ( Total Time = 7 hrs )
    6) Up until 1:20 the next day posting ( Bragging ) about the event.
    7) People recognize you but you have no clue who they are or what event you met them at.
    8) Ecstatic with a 23 place finish and a shirt that is to small.
  • kristinegift
    Options
    Racing the Princeton Half Marathon this weekend! Signed up a 2 weeks ago at the urging of my Thursday running group since we decided not to do the DC Ragnar this weekend. Hoping for a decent PR (~1:48-1:50) and a better idea of what my marathon pace should be for Philly in November.