Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Got a 10K Sunday. Flat. I'd like to break an hour. Best 10K so far is 5 minutes over that, but I've been running longer distances lately (18K last Sunday) and thinking it's doable.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Got a 10K Sunday. Flat. I'd like to break an hour. Best 10K so far is 5 minutes over that, but I've been running longer distances lately (18K last Sunday) and thinking it's doable.

You got this. I think you can do it
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher good luck. The first time I broke the hour, I did it in 59:59. Best feeling in the world. My PB is something under 57 minutes, but that 59:59 is very special.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first Boston Marathon on Monday. Very excited and nervous.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Awesome! Good luck!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Good luck! It's such an amazing experience. Enjoy every minute of it. Are you taking the buses to Hopkinton? For me, that was one of the most memorable parts of the experience.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options

I'm running my third Boston on Monday. I hope to get it right this time. Last two years it was warm; forecast calls for rain or showers this year. We'll see; the forecast changed a day before the race last year.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

58:22 for my 10K so ~7 minutes faster than the one in Feb and I am frikken thrilled.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher woohoo! You totally aced it.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

58:22 for my 10K so ~7 minutes faster than the one in Feb and I am frikken thrilled.

Well done
  • spiriteagle99
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Finished Boston in 3:28:43 on a day that was brutal for spectators and volunteers, and instant hypothermia when you stop running at the finish line. Bling report will have to wait till I get home; not worth figuring out how to move pictures around on the hotel internet connection. 30th of I think 1019 in the M 60-65 age group.

Well done.
  • spiriteagle99
    Options
    As MobyCarp said, Boston was freezing, between the all day rain and wind, especially once we stopped running. I did well, but my timing chip didn't register at the start so my official time is completely off. According to my Garmin, I did 4:05:08, a 10+ minute PR. I loved the race, aside from the weather.
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sprint triathlon - 1/4 mile pool swim, 10.3 mile bike, 5k. It will be chilly on the bike, but perfect for the run!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Miracle Miles for Kids 10k this morning. Morro Bay to Cayucos (California). 58:09 PR on sand. Tune up for Marathon next week!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Running the USATF Masters 10K at the James Joyce Ramble, Dedham, Massachusetts, next Sunday. That will be 13 days after I ran Boston; I won't know till race day whether I will be able to run the 10K competitively, but I expect I'll be able to muster something faster than just running it easy.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have a 10k tomorrow. My best so far is 1:02:19, but I would love to run sub 1 hour. Fingers crossed!
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    5-miler run at the winery. Running it for fun, not so much competitively.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Toeing the line of the San Luis Obispo Marathon tomorrow. My first full!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Pittsburgh this weekend - 5k on Saturday and Half Marathon on Sunday.

Goals for the 5K is 30 minutes or MORE (if I go faster than 30 minutes it will be a mistake).

For the half I'm not expecting much. My pace during training was not where it needs to be so I'll be happy with 1:45ish. Anything below that is just from the wind pushing me over the finish line. :D