August 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have loved reading everyone's stories! I joined MYAC in December of 2013 when I was about 25 lbs and 4 months into my weight loss and I had just finished couch to 5k that summer. That August I had turned 40 and decided I was tired of being sick (type 2 diabetes for 20 years, on insulin and other meds), obese and inactive. I had already been logging food and had some fitness goals, but this challenge was the perfect addition to keep me moving! I really love the support and the accountability (and the nerd in me likes the numbers!) Fast forward to now...only 1 diabetes med, normal blood sugar, "healthy" BMI, WOOT! I feel really lucky to have found this group!

I have 15.6 to add. 6 mi trail run/hike and 9.6 bike ride. It's more bike for me this month, on my trail run I re-sprained the ankle. :( I will rest it longer this time it will get better!!!

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    18.6 miles today, 13 in cycling class, 5.6 running/walking outside. Made myself run 3.1 miles, despite the 95 degree weather. Stayed alive by promising myself I'd add ice cream to my protein shake if I made it home.

exercise.png
    You crack me up, Karen!! X) And do you realize that today, you did over half of what your monthly goal was when you started this challenge??? So awesome!!! :flowerforyou:

Dave

Thanks :blush: I didn't realize the numbers significance. Probably still due to lack of oxygen. But the ice cream in the shake was a nice bonus for not keeling over.

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Nice day for a bike ride. Kinda windy though. Grand Tour Challenge starts on Aug 22, LeVuelta, 21 stages....hope I make it through. That will make all three challenges if i can complete this one.

08/01 - 11.0 miles cycling
    08/02 - 12.0 miles cycling
    08/03 - 11.0 miles cycling
    08/04 - 02.0 miles walking
    08/05 - 10.0 miles cycling

Total: 46.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    carlsoda wrote: »
    kar328 wrote: »
    3.6 mile walk

Love reading everyone's stories. This is a good group of people and I'm glad I stumbled onto it 28 months ago. I was just starting this whole weight loss thing, not active at all and morbidly obese. I started out pledging 30-35 miles per month and not always making it, and amazed at some of the numbers people were churning out here. It was a little hard not to feel inadequate in the beginning, but as I upped the miles, that went away. I love that this group makes me want to get out there, in the blazing sun, the rain or the snow. Besides the physical benefits, it's definitely helped my mental/emotional well being. If I have to miss a day due to back to back 12 hour shifts, I can feel it.

So, 28 months later, I'm going close to, or over 100 miles, I've incorporated some running and even started taking a cycling class, due to all the cyclists on here and reading all their posts. I've learned a lot about it. I left morbidly obese behind and I'm down 100 lbs and 12 more away from being "normal" weight. I've got 2300+ miles tracked - I've almost walked across the US! :o It's mind boggling

Feeling grateful,
    Karen

Love you story! You've done an amazing job!!!

+1 <3

Me too! Thanks for sharing.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Finally found enough time in one place to get a long walk in. Lower humidity today helped make it possible too.

Added 5.5 miles today. August total 15.5 miles

exercise.png

Have a Wonderful Thursday Everyone!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    Walked w/DDD this morning then went with her to help her set up her first grade classroom for next Wednesday. Then we hit the gym w/our trainer.

Wed - 6.73 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

Chris

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,911 Member
    Options
    8/4 Run 4 miles / Arc Trainer 4 miles / Walk 4.5 miles
    8/5 Jog 5 miles / Walk 3 miles

As 8/5 53.5 miles of 250 miles

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 9.21 miles

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 17 miles for 37 out of 350. The Koocanusa is coming up Saturday so nice easy rides the next few days. I think I'll take the Fat Tire bike out tomorrow. :smile:

exercise.png
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 150 miles
    Yearly Walking Challenge 798/1500 miles ytd

Aug 1- 2: 6 miles + yoga
    Aug 3: 3 miles walking + 12 miles biking
    Aug 4: 4 miles walking + yoga
    Aug 5: 4 miles walking

29/150
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Got in a 2 mile run, then managed nearly 4 miles on the bike before the thunderstorm rolled in. :/

exercise.png
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Aug 1 - 2.5km
    Aug 2 - 4.7km
    Aug 3 - 1.5km
    Aug 4 - 6.8km
    Aug 5 - 2.4km
    Aug 6 - 5.4km

Total 23.3/100km
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Adding 15 miles on the bike this morning.

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

8/06

10.84 miles (exercise bike) & .5 mile walking

11.34 miles for today

69.47 mile done and 230.53 mile to go.... :)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Off to a slow start but have been very busy lately.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    1 whole treadmill mile. I am trying to switch the mindset to strength training and did the workout my new trainer set up for me. Still couldn't leave the gym without burning a few cardio calories - time constraints left it to the one mile. My afternoon extra shift was canceled and the fact that I only have 5600 steps today is making me want to go outside, but the thunder is getting louder.

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    6.81 miles walked today

33.63 miles walked to date
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options

exercise.png

7 miles for yesterday
    7 miles today
  • clepant
    Options
    scarfe9991 wrote: »
    I have loved reading everyone's stories! I joined MYAC in December of 2013 when I was about 25 lbs and 4 months into my weight loss and I had just finished couch to 5k that summer. That August I had turned 40 and decided I was tired of being sick (type 2 diabetes for 20 years, on insulin and other meds), obese and inactive. I had already been logging food and had some fitness goals, but this challenge was the perfect addition to keep me moving! I really love the support and the accountability (and the nerd in me likes the numbers!) Fast forward to now...only 1 diabetes med, normal blood sugar, "healthy" BMI, WOOT! I feel really lucky to have found this group!

I have 15.6 to add. 6 mi trail run/hike and 9.6 bike ride. It's more bike for me this month, on my trail run I re-sprained the ankle. :( I will rest it longer this time it will get better!!!

exercise.png

@Scarfe9991: What a fantastic story. I was so afraid that I would end up with diabetes. Another reason why I went for the lifestyle change. Look at you now....you have been an inspiration to me on here and continue to be. I hope that your ankle feels better soon.
    Char
  • clepant
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well it has been crazy gardening week and packing for a well deserved vacation before heading back to the classroom. I will be upper Michigan bound and staying right off a fabulous freshwater lake. Lots of running, some kayaking and biking. Will do a day on Mackinac Island if time allows. I love biking all over the island and along some nice river trails.
    @Dean: I am trying out the Gatorskin tires you suggested. I will let you know how I like them.
    While at the bike shop, my hubby had to drag me away from this trade in Italian bike that retailed for $7,900. They were selling it for $4,700.00. I could lift it with my index finger.....oh baby.
    :Aug. 5: 11.5 miles of walking 5 milesand cycling 6.5 miles
    Aug. 6: 12.08 miles of running 7.08 miles and walking 5 miles
    TTD:67.10 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.