The friendzone ...

Options
This question is mainly being put to the guys but feel free to disucuss ...

Once you put a girl in the friendzone, does she ever have a shot of being more? The reason I ask is a good friend of mine and I have been hanging out (differently lately) and told me he doesn't want to ruin our friendship because he likes our friendship.

I'm curious if once a girl gets put in the friendzone, does she ever come out?

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Once you put a girl in the friendzone, does she ever have a shot of being more? The reason I ask is a good friend of mine and I have been hanging out (differently lately) and told me he doesn't want to ruin our friendship because he likes our friendship.

Ok so not a guy but I have about a gazillion guy friends..... HE just let you down gently honey...Trust me if he wanted to date you the fear of ruining you friendship would be outweighted by the potential he thought you guys had..... He doesn' t want to risk your friendship because he doesn't see a relationship there.....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have a question for the guys too.

I have been friendzoned and recently upgraded to FWB. Is it possible to go from FWB to something more?
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options

I have been friendzoned and recently upgraded to FWB. Is it possible to go from FWB to something more?

Kind of where I am with said friend too which is why I asked.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

LOL! Okay then... bump!

@jenbit - I think your advice is probably invalid since sex is involved. As someone recently said to me, sex is a game-changer.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Of course. If while being friendzoned you were overweight, then probably after getting fitter/healthier you have a good shot.

Before you all start crucifying me, know this

A person who's personality only you like, thats somebody you friend
    A person who's body/beauty only you like, thats somebody you lust
    A person who's beauty AND personality you like, thats somebody you love.

So of course if the other person starts finding you attractive after a while, you can easily get out of the friendzone.
  • raige123
    Options
    He's known me the same size since we've met. Things just recently got more physical, but the whole "don't want to ruin our friendship" ... I'm so confused, lol.
  • taunto
    Options

In my personal experience, FWB have never been upgraded to long term relationships. The most I've gone for is "ok we're seeing each other but I'm still looking for better options where I have better chemistry with somebody else".

In my experience, its not a good idea to upgrade from FWB to long term relationship
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

In my personal experience, FWB have never been upgraded to long term relationships. The most I've gone for is "ok we're seeing each other but I'm still looking for better options where I have better chemistry with somebody else".

In my experience, its not a good idea to upgrade from FWB to long term relationship

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • jenbit
    Options

LOL! Okay then... bump!

@jenbit - I think your advice is probably invalid since sex is involved. As someone recently said to me, sex is a game-changer.

Didn't know sex was involved......

Husky your case is different. Plus I know alot more about it ...

However Raige if you've have the whole I don't want to ruin our friendship conversation after sex and continue to have sex your a FWB unless he "falls" in love with you he just wants to have sex and hang with his friend... FWB relationships are only as complicated as you make them... If you truelly want more from him tell him, if he doesn't don't sleep with him cause your just gonna get hurt if you have feeling and he doesn't
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    This thread needs more testosterone!

Sorry, taunto, you're just not enough man for me! :laugh:
  • taunto
    Options

Well, I never said that was a rule. I said in my experience.

I'm sure there are men out there who will say "oh now honey, anything is possible!". But before you take my advice seriously, you should realize that when it comes to relationships, I'm damaged beyond repair which can be good for you since I don't get to sugar coat the BS.
  • raige123
    Options

Hahahahah! Agreed on the needing more testosterone! C'mon boys! Give it to me! :p
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    oh now honey, anything is possible!
  • jenbit
    Options

*pats on head**

Good boy telling her what she wants to hear lol
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think y'all already know the answer, it's just not what you want to hear. Jen is spot on with her advice. He probably likes being friends and hooking up with no strings attached, but just doesn't see enough chemistry for a relationship for whatever reason. Guys are pretty simple, but we have a hard time saying "I don't like you like that" because we don't want to hurt your feelings.

It is possible to get out of the friend zone, you just have to boost your attractiveness level. Weight loss helps, let him see you with other guys, sometimes a better hair cut or clothing can work wonders. Not really sure how to go from FWB to relationship though, if a guy is already getting sex without all the hassles of a relationship then he won't want to ruin a good thing.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I think y'all already know the answer, it's just not what you want to hear. Jen is spot on with her advice. He probably likes being friends and hooking up with no strings attached, but just doesn't see enough chemistry for a relationship for whatever reason. Guys are pretty simple, but we have a hard time saying "I don't like you like that" because we don't want to hurt your feelings.

It is possible to get out of the friend zone, you just have to boost your attractiveness level. Weight loss helps, let him see you with other guys, sometimes a better hair cut or clothing can work wonders. Not really sure how to go from FWB to relationship though, if a guy is already getting sex without all the hassles of a relationship then he won't want to ruin a good thing.

But all men aren't looking for only sex. Isn't there a situation where a guy might have a girl as an FWB rather than a girlfriend because of extenuating circumstances? What if he's just scared of a commitment? Can't he get past that?

Is it really always a lost cause for the FWB?
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

^ This.

Honestly if you're having sex with him, it should be because you like having sex with him. Not because you expect or hope that having sex with him will cause him to develop stronger feelings for you. This is the female version of the "nice guy" who kisses *kitten* and becomes a doormat in the hopes of getting a woman to like him more.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

But all men aren't looking for only sex. Isn't there a situation where a guy might have a girl as an FWB rather than a girlfriend because of extenuating circumstances? What if he's just scared of a commitment? Can't he get past that?

All men aren't looking for sex but if he's in a FWB situation, he got there because he was looking for sex.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

^ This.

Honestly if you're having sex with him, it should be because you like having sex with him. Not because you expect or hope that having sex with him will cause him to develop stronger feelings for you. This is the female version of the "nice guy" who kisses *kitten* and becomes a doormat in the hopes of getting a woman to like him more.

Heavy dose of reality! I know this...

:sad: :sad:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

Probably not always but most of the time. I thought the biggest rule about having a FWB is to not do it if one person secretly has feelings for the other person.

And in my experience, I get over my fear of commitment really fast when the right girl comes along. Everybody is different though.