what did you do for your body today?

Options

Replies

• amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Got home from work and it started sprinkling out- started to use that as an excuse to not run in my head, but then I was like "how is rain stopping me- really?" So I ran in the rain- two miles in 22 minutes. :)

Very nice...thts encouraging
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Got home from work and it started sprinkling out- started to use that as an excuse to not run in my head, but then I was like "how is rain stopping me- really?" So I ran in the rain- two miles in 22 minutes. :)

Way to overcome!!!
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I got up and ran on the treadmill for the first time this week- feel like I almost fell off the bandwagon there. Just been feeling really really tired with work and other stress but this morning my alarm went off to get up early and I didn't allow myself to think about it or talk myself out of it and stay in bed another hour (even though getting up in the pitch black at 5am you definitely feel like sleeping longer...) But I did it, and now I feel really happy that I did.

Where's everybody else at? I feel like many of us haven't been posting at all- I miss seeing everyone's stories! I just hope we're all just busy and not falling off the routine. Stick through it!!
  • CowboySar
    Options
    I got up and ran on the treadmill for the first time this week- feel like I almost fell off the bandwagon there. Just been feeling really really tired with work and other stress but this morning my alarm went off to get up early and I didn't allow myself to think about it or talk myself out of it and stay in bed another hour (even though getting up in the pitch black at 5am you definitely feel like sleeping longer...) But I did it, and now I feel really happy that I did.

Where's everybody else at? I feel like many of us haven't been posting at all- I miss seeing everyone's stories! I just hope we're all just busy and not falling off the routine. Stick through it!!

Keep at it, it's tough but you got to keep pushing yourself. I am glad to hear you did hit the hit treadmill. I know everyday I find myself always saying I can skip this one or make up for it tomorrow, but I force myself to hit the gym and go for my walks, knowing if I fall into that rut I won't be able to get back our.

It has gotten quiet here for sure
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    Keep at it, it's tough but you got to keep pushing yourself. I am glad to hear you did hit the hit treadmill. I know everyday I find myself always saying I can skip this one or make up for it tomorrow, but I force myself to hit the gym and go for my walks, knowing if I fall into that rut I won't be able to get back our.

It has gotten quiet here for sure

Thanks BT, at least you're still around! :)
  • amalik3511
    Options

Nice...doing workout in morning just boosts up for the entire day....plus it is controlled on intensity and time

With holidays approaching...I am getting inclined to get a treadmill myself...may be will gift it to myself :)
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    amalik3511 wrote: »

Nice...doing workout in morning just boosts up for the entire day....plus it is controlled on intensity and time

With holidays approaching...I am getting inclined to get a treadmill myself...may be will gift it to myself :)

The treadmill I have honestly was being thrown away- I got it for free! Often people have them and toss them when they are old or get small parts that dont work- keep your eyes on craigslist and things like that. Mine has a part that's broken and also the incline is stuck where it is. But I don't care, it still gives me a way to exercise in the morning when it is pitch black and I can't go out (and when the snow finally comes).
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Yesterday did a hike up one of our smaller mountains. It was 7km (4.5 miles) round trip, the hardest part was the 38% grade from just over a mile of it. Did a few hours of fishing at the top, left a little in the day and had to come down in the dark ( not a the best idea lol). According to mapmywalk, I burned 1000 calls on that hike. Glad I did that trip though was worth it
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Yesterday did a hike up one of our smaller mountains. It was 7km (4.5 miles) round trip, the hardest part was the 38% grade from just over a mile of it. Did a few hours of fishing at the top, left a little in the day and had to come down in the dark ( not a the best idea lol). According to mapmywalk, I burned 1000 calls on that hike. Glad I did that trip though was worth it

That's awesome! I want to fish- haven't in a really long time.
  • amalik3511
    Options

Nice...one of my friend has been asking to plan an ice fishing...now am surely looking fwd to add some trek to it.
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Thanks guys and yeah a couple hours of fishing in between the hike up and the hike down sure broke it up and made it more fun.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Okay this isn't really a "something I did for my body today" but more of positive reinforcement. A coworker came up to me today in the hall and asked if I knew I was looking thinner! I said yes I've been running and eating much healthier than I used to being pretty strict about it since July/August. She said well it shows!! That totally made me feel good.

So keep in mind even if you might not be seeing it, others probably do!
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Okay this isn't really a "something I did for my body today" but more of positive reinforcement. A coworker came up to me today in the hall and asked if I knew I was looking thinner! I said yes I've been running and eating much healthier than I used to being pretty strict about it since July/August. She said well it shows!! That totally made me feel good.

Awesome, you gotta love that. I have gotten a couple comments (not as many as I would like). I don't see it that much, but I did buy a new pair if track pants today and I went from a 2XL to just an XL, so that's positive lol
  • amalik3511
    Options

Awesome, you gotta love that. I have gotten a couple comments (not as many as I would like). I don't see it that much, but I did buy a new pair if track pants today and I went from a 2XL to just an XL, so that's positive lol

I am still waiting for the sizes to drop...way to go buddy..
  • amalik3511
    Options

Appreciation...one other by product of taking care of your body....
  • amsdragonfly
    Options

I am still waiting for the sizes to drop...way to go buddy..

That's super awesome- if nothing else shows your progress, dropping sizes is a product of you doing something right for your body- that's totally something to be proud of!!
  • amalik3511
    Options
    I completed my 4 day juice fast yesterday...though I lost weight but hv been missing the push that workouts were giving...getting bk on tracks tomorrow...hoping mornings are not cold despite halloween coming...
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Started day with 10 mi cycling....felt fantastic
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Started day with 10 mi cycling....felt fantastic

Good job! That's an accomplishment. :)
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Had a follow up fitness assessment done on Wednesday. Heart health is better, I doubled my sit ups, I increased flexibility, I lost 4% body fat, I lost weight, and I lost inches. All this is great but I also lost strength and muscle, I have only been doing cardio. I have always wanted to try the 5x5 strength training system. So I asked the trainer if he could walk me through it with their equipment. I pulled the trigger and bought 3 personal training days (1hr each). My first session is with him this afternoon, I am excite about it. This will also mean a change in my diet, upping my protein and maybe a slight increase in calories, however remaining in a caloric deficit.