Where is everyone from?

Options
123457»

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    KeithF6250 wrote: »
    Define from. I once tried to count and came up with 25 "permanent" addresses but that could be off. I was born in Fargo ND and lived the first 4 years of my life in Moorhead MN. My father's career took us to Milwaukee WI, northwestern IN, back to Moorhead, Fergus Falls MN, Jamestown ND and Morris MN. I attended college in East Lansing MI, Morris MN and Duluth MN. Also in there was a summer spent at the University of OK in Norman OK. The Army took me to Ft Lewis WA, Ft Gordon GA and four different duty stations in Germany. I lived in the Twin Cities MN for 10 years, 2 apartments and 2 houses in 4 different municipalities. For the past 31 years I have been a model of stability living in the same house in the center of NY state.

You're definitely from the US (LOL sorry, couldn't resist) - wherever you lay your hat, eh?

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    I like how lots of the people from USA/Canada don't state what country they are from, is that common? To presume the rest of the world is familiar with your towns and states?

Yes, it is common. A form of ethnocentrism, I suppose.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in WA, USA, living near Los Angeles, CA. I assume people know LA is USA. :smile:

LA used to mean Los Angeles to me, until I moved to Louisiana....
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm from south Mississippi, USA, and we jokingly refer to LA as Lower Alabama, lol! (That's USA too!)
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    @FindingLovely, we are neighbors! I'm from south Mississippi, about 25 miles north of Pascagoula (there's one for everyone to pronounce, lol!)! I'm waving!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @FindingLovely, we are neighbors! I'm from south Mississippi, about 25 miles north of Pascagoula (there's one for everyone to pronounce, lol!)! I'm waving!

That reminds me of the Ray Stevens' song, "The Mississippi Squirrel Revival..." ... ... ... lol.

"...in that sleepy little town of Pascagoula!" Hee hee. I'm going to have to go hit up YouTube now, thanks.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Bonjour from Montreal, Canada
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    That's me! We used to be a "sleepy little town" lol!
  • lyndahh75
    lyndahh75 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Austin Texas.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm from south Mississippi, USA, and we jokingly refer to LA as Lower Alabama, lol! (That's USA too!)

That's what we call my neck of Florida too. Lower Alabama. Although lately it should be Lower Georgia with the influx of tourist coming from there lol.
  • Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    [
    Define from. I once tried to count and came up with 25 "permanent" addresses but that could be off. I was born in Fargo ND and lived the first 4 years of my life in Moorhead MN. My father's career took us to Milwaukee WI, northwestern IN, back to Moorhead, Fergus Falls MN, Jamestown ND and Morris MN. I attended college in East Lansing MI, Morris MN and Duluth MN. Also in there was a summer spent at the University of OK in Norman OK. The Army took me to Ft Lewis WA, Ft Gordon GA and four different duty stations in Germany. I lived in the Twin Cities MN for 10 years, 2 apartments and 2 houses in 4 different municipalities. For the past 31 years I have been a model of stability living in the same house in the center of NY state.

Lol....pick one!
  • Kellyss95
    Kellyss95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Michigan here ... Bring on the fall !
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Up here, LA is Lethbridge , Alberta, Canada. ;)
  • AlexisUPenn
    AlexisUPenn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pennsylvania
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    In Hotlanta it is finally under 90 to ride after work!

I love the southeast and jet ski days at the lake...

But I'm glad it is cooling off!

Jealous of those of you that get to see snow in the winter.

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options

Two of my kids went to UMM in Morris - lovely college! (Morris, Minnesota, US) :)