The New Water Cooler

1226227228229230232»

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,338 Member
    In my experience, boys tend to stay to themselves as they figure out who they are and what they want to do. Eventually, either when they are settled or have a significant other, they pay more attention to family. I take what I can get from my boys. Jeff is in FL and doesn't reach out much. We asked him about the hurricane and suggested portaling so we could see the kids and talk to them. We portaled yesterday. David is gone so much with work but does text and reach out when he can. I try to text or call him but the 4 hour time difference makes it a challenge at times. I am excited to see him and his family in 10 days. Rory reaches out if he has a question or is responding to our text or call. It takes days for him to respond if at all. If I send my texts to him and Hannah as a group, I'm more likely to get a response.

The wallpaper is finished and the laundry room is put back together. I need Russ to put up the toilet paper holder and the towel rack. Then I need to explore shelving for my basket storage.

I finished Halen's poncho except for sewing on the buttons on either side. I continued work on Ellis' which was started last winter but came up to some stitches that weren't right and couldn't fix the mistakes. I pulled it all out and am starting over. Ugh!!! I am avoiding the boxes in the pole barn that I need to go through but I probably should just tackle them and get done. I will feel better if I do.

Beautiful day here but I haven't stepped outside, LOL! Laundry, want to bake a peach cake, knitting timelines...