Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
Join us for discussion on weight loss and getting to know each other

Replies

• Shirley61
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Jenny, Marla, L, Ang, Amy !!!!!!!

I made some changes to the group but still not where it should be.
    Sorry I made a post today but its gone too.

What I am trying to do is make it say LEAVE GROUP not INVITE. Right now its set up for only us
    and no one else can join. I will leave this until I see my daughter maybe she can help me.

Sorry about the all the posts being gone. Let just keep going from here, my post today disappeared too.
    Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,269 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking care of this group Shirley. Home alone, finally! Russ is at a class and the kids are up on Lake Superior. It' been crazy around here.

I am loving this weather! The perfect Fall!

Have a wonderful evening.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,722 Member
    Options
    rainy here - hugs to you all!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Glad to see you all back. Still trying to make this group open to the public so be patient with me.

Yoga class today and Dave is black topping the driveway. Weather is beautiful but cold.

Getting up early tomorrow to go to a school about 40 min from me and we have a mass choir rehearsal with the
    other choirs. Should be interesting.

Have a great day !

Shlrley
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So happy to still be part of the Cooler group!!

Busy as usual, but without travel. (I secretly miss it). We've had beautiful weather for weeks, although still in the 90's. Everyone is screaming for rain. We haven't seen rain in 10 weeks or so. It's supposed to roll in late Sunday.

Years ago I had a bout with what they diagnosed as neuropathy, although I think it may have only been poor circulation. At any rate it affected my finger tips and feet. The other evening I got up from my desk, after sitting for hours, and fell to my knees because my feet had "fallen asleep." The next night while running I completely face planted. I bummed up my cheek, shoulder, hands, hip, and both knees. I'm scared the ugly neuropathy or circulation issue is rearing it's ugly head. Funny that I don't think of myself as being as old as my actions and health are telling me.

Marla, is your job in jeopardy? It is so scary to hear of job loss. Our offices are reducing hours and cutting pay to avoid layoffs. What is driving the reduction?

Shirley, Isaac is just adorable! You stay so busy. How did you ever have time for work?

Jenny, from your facebook posts it sounded like a great break from reality. It's hard to believe it's time to start planning for the holidays.

Hey, Ang! I'm envious of your running medals! That is awesome!!

Amy has been in Louisiana with her family. I love seeing all of her posts. Her grace inspires me for sure!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    L - I hope you get yourself checked out and all is well - prayers to you!

I agree - Amy's pictures are beautiful - her family is adorable - and she is an inspiration
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    and - I am riding the line of jeopardy - our team will lose one for sure - I am likely 3rd if they go that deep - but we will all be absorbing more work - it is one of the those well, I kept my job - but working more hours and may lose it anyway in another 'x' time is things don't improve - as of the moment it's mainly a downturn in sales and losing a big, positive of price variance of certain materials - but of course they have hired a couple of high level staff to make 'continuous improvements' - so meh - fire 40 production - hire three staff level that will tell you to fire more people- you bet.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Rainy and dark all day today. What a change! We needed the rain so I can't complain.
    Tonight Russ and I are going to friends' house for dinner and to play Euchre (card game). I played in high school and college in Michigan. Forgot how when I moved to MN and am learning again. It's a soup day so we will eat chicken and dumpling soup and salad. I am bringing the bread and I bought whole grain and Asiago Cheese bread from Panera.

Very busy week at work has come to an end. Many more to come. The paperwork is not slowing down yet but I hope it will soon.

Marla- I hope the cuts don't go that deep anytime soon. Are there other options in your town if they do within the next year?

Hi L- I was hoping you would have a better year. Sorry to hear about your neuropathy and your fall. I hope the doctors figure it out. Circulation or neurological? Be careful! I loved your pictures on FB in your jumping suit. You look great. How are your kids doing? Big year for Colin!

Shirley- How old is Isaac now? He is very cute and I bet you and Dave love spending time with him. My friends that are grandparents say it is the best and they love to see the little ones. Maybe my turn will come within the next few years.

I've enjoyed Amy's pictures too. I wish she would come back to our cooler. She is handling her grief with such grace and I'm glad her family is around her.

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

I've been lurking but not really posting. I've completely lost my motivation to eat healthy and stay fit. Running hasn't really been happening as I'm not really wanting to go in the dark. (It's nearly dark now by the time I get home from work!). I also need warmer running clothes and that gets really expensive. Right now I need to be getting Christmas presents. I have so many people I need to buy for! Between my family, my Sunday School class, work and my boyfriend, I have about 24 people to buy for, plus three family birthdays in December. Grant it the gift limit on some of those people is a lot smaller then my family, but it still all adds up. Why I wait so long to start buying I don't know! I'm trying to get back into a routine now before it really gets into the holiday season and all the yummies that come with Christmas baking (Though I did buy lots of fudge at the Christmas craft fair today! I tend to freeze most of it and eat it sparingly.) I would work out right now, but my shower curtain is in the washer! I need to wait until it's done so I can take a shower as soon as I am done. (Though I also need to try to hem the bottom. It's to long for the shower and constantly sits in water. As a result mold tends to grow on it. Hence why I am washing it right now!)

Jenny - They are saying there's a system forming off our coast, that would hit is around Thursday. We could end up with getting 40-80mm of rain! (1.5in to 3.25in). That's still a long way off so anything can change.

Marla - Hope everything work out!

L - I love my new medals! (I'm sitting here looking at them). You should try a race sometime. Several people do walk them, if you are not up to running it. Hope you get everything with yourself checked out and that your OK!

Shirely - The previous posts are still here. (I was just reading them). They are in a different thread then this one, but still in the group category.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    We had a great time with our friends last night. Andrea served two kinds of soup, chicken dumping and a spicy tortellini soup. We had a wonderful salad and the bread went well with it all. Playing Euchre was a good time. I think I finally know the rules and how to play it again. Russ is still figuring it out but he did not grow up playing it in MN.

This morning I went to support a family who lost a baby 3 years ago to a heart defect. Gracie was born with half of a heart and lived about 86 days. She was my friend's 1st grandchild. Gracie's mother has taken her grief and started a non profit charitable giving business baking cakes and cupcakes that get donated to families/children dealing with heart defects. Today they held their second annual fundraiser Gracie's Cupcake Trot (a 5K run/walk with a silent auction). I didn't walk but went to the silent auction and bid on some items. I won both of my bids, a 31 Tote Bag and wine tasting for 4 at a winery in southern MN. Happy with both! I told my friend and her daughter to include me on their volunteer list next year so I can help out. I will also get some friends to help me put a gift basket or two together for the silent auction. They are an amazing family and doing such a great thing for other children. The proceeds from the Trot go to baking supplies to make the cakes and to help families and children with heart defects.

After church tonight Russ and I tried a new restaurant with Turkish and Mediterranean food. It was so good! We will definitely go back there.

Ang- glad you are back. That's a lot of rain to fall in a short time. Stay dry. Sorry you are in a slump. I know what that is like. Mine has been a long time and I'm still not out of it due to my knee pain. Makes me so tired all the time. Do you ever make Christmas gifts? Good luck shopping.

Have a nice Sunday!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    edited October 2015
    Options
    A lot going in here today. Glad to hear the posts aren't loss and i will still try and look into making the invite into a Leave
    when I see my daughter this weekend. I will be heading to her house on Thursday night and the retreat on Friday morning.
    Dave will be going to the cottage with two of his guy friends to close up the cottage for the winter.

Yesterday was our mass choir rehearsal with 6 other choirs and not everyone was there because it was optional. It was amazing to hear everyone sing the Hallelujah chorus at the end. We have all females in our choir so it was a treat to hear the bass and tenors from the men's groups. We ended up finishing 5 mins early then home after that. Our concert with all
    the choirs will be Nov 15th the opening of the new Performing Arts Center. It should be fun and I am looking forward to it.

Jenny - Your evening sounded like fun and I haven't played Euchre in a while but i still remember.
    Marla - I hope your job keeps going and no cuts before Christmas they always seem to do that I think that is awful for the
    families.
    Ang - No worries about your slump, maybe the weather has something to do with it. Glad to hear you mentioned the
    boyfriend again, so I assume things are moving along. We turn our clocks back on Nov 1st then the darkness starts.
    Amy - I read your FB posts all the time and I admire how you are coping with John being gone. <3
    L - I also see your pictures on FB and you look fantastic! You are one brave girl!

Well we do have a tight knit group here and I enjoy hearing all your life stories everyday. <3
    Today is making soup from Lacey's recipes (yoga retreat) vegetarian minestrone so I better get moving and
    get those groceries. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Helc week - it's year-end and meh

hope all is well - enjoy your choir Shirley - Hallelujah chorus is amazing when done en masse

hope you feel more up soon Ang - I am not ready to think about Christmas either - but I should

Zach enjoyed his surprise trip the NU game - we didn't win which is the story of the year here - bad deal - they take football pretty serious around here. But he still had a blast. Sang Saturday night too. Good stuff. Caleb and I sang Sunday - not as much fun - his is a younger group and they talk a lot and I find that annoying.

Jenny - it must be fun to have so many different restaurants to try -

have a great day!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Just finished lunch a nice salad with dressing. I still have to put laundry away and then go for my walk.

Here is a picture of Isaac his mom took.

98m2v5n90uz0.png

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    awwwwww..... :>)
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Wonderful picture of Isaac, Shirley! Personality is showing through now. Enjoy your retreat!

Marla- How do you feel having a 15 year old. That was the age that challenges began with teen angst and other things. I hope you fare better than I did. Fingers crossed your job is secure.

Ang- How is the dating going?

Leaves are falling off the trees, peak color is over, and tomorrow will be cold with possibility of snow flakes. Ugh! We are carving pumpkins with David (28) and his girlfriend Chantrelle, Jeff (26) and his girl friend Iva tomorrow eve. Russ is making chili and corn bread, Jeff and Iva are bringing beverages, Chantrelle is making hot mulled cider, and I will sort the pumpkin seeds while they carve and use their talents. Should be a fun evening. I wish Rory was home to be with us.

I'm off to Costco to buy a cheesecake. We will celebrate Jeff's 26th birthday tomorrow eve too. He loves cheesecake but I'm not going to bake one.

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What cute pictures of Isaac! Babies bring out the best in us : )

Ang, I really do not enjoy running socially or in a race. I think mostly because I'm self-conscious. I still do the negative talk in my head and I constantly compare myself to others when there is a group. Going solo is my quiet time. I never solve the problems of the world, but I sure do create them.

You are so right, Marla. Large companies tend to bring in someone from the outside (at a high rate of pay) to let long-timers go. Very sad to see. I'm about to lose three of my staff due to budget cuts, but not through layoff. They will be reallocated to other units. It's great that they keep "a" job. It's just not the job they were hired to do.

Jenny, I truly admire people who can find the strength to create a non-profit out of their grief. Congrats on your winning bids! The wine tasting sounds great. So does the cheesecake!

The soup talk is making me even more hungry! I love minestrone and tortellini. It's still quite warm here, but I did make a soup a couple of weeks ago with ground Italian sausage and stuffed ravioli (terrible nutrition, I know -- but it was sooo good!). My other go to (besides gumbo) is unstuffed cabbage roll soup. Delish, healthy, and easy.

Last week my son heard a "pop" in his hand and went to the ER for his first (thankfully, and hopefully last) sports related injury. They said he tore a ligament. He saw an orthopedic yesterday (only because he drove his sister to her appointment) and it's actually broken. My household is falling apart!! BUT so thankful it is nothing more serious.

We received 8 inches of rain in less than 12 hours over the weekend. Needless to say we are still water logged! Good news -- the burn ban has been lifted.

Heading out to watch a little high school volleyball. Enjoy your evening!
    Lydia
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I went to the dentist tonight. I thought they were doing two filings. (That's what his receptionist told me) It was actually three! I'm still not fully thawed out and it's been three hours since they finished. It's thawed out enough for me to feel it though. (Doesn't help that my monthly visitor arrived at the same time.) Supper tonight was ice cream and scrambled eggs. I can't get my mouth open wide enough for anything else! I do have jello I made up when I got home, but it isn't set yet!

I heard from Joseph the other day. The reason I haven't heard from him much is because he said he wanted to give me "space". His exact wording was "My persception of your desire was that you wanted some space. So I try to do that I just do not know when to talk." (spelling and grammar his). You don't give someone space without telling them you want to give them some! Ugh. To many thoughts going through my mind. It's so hard to date someone when you can't see them and rely on letters/texts. I'm so lost as to what to think and what I should do. Is this meant to be or not?
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Ang - that sounds very difficult - and I agree that is hard to rely on printed text - maybe you can have an afternoon together sometime soon and try some face to face discussions - good luck

L - sorry to hear about your sons injury - hopefully the season is over and he can heal without the additional pain of not being able to play. Here's to healing fast!

Jenny - I made chili Monday and absolutely nobody wanted it. Meh. I am so frustrated with cooking right now. Happy almost birthday so your boy and it would be almost a perfect evening if Rory could be there - will he be home for Thanksgiving? At least that's not too far.

Have a great day.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi. On my tablet so will write and comment from my lap top tomorrow.
    Happy Devil's Night!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Halloween and the official last day of our fiscal year - the audit was about normal - lots of stress - running around because we couldn't find some 30-cent steel plates (seriously - that's what your worried about?) fast-talking (lies) and then it's eventually over and we all feel like we just ran a marathon - although it probably has been - a huge couple weeks of trying to get ready - today we have to finish all the stuff up that has been neglected while trying to appease the counters - so probably another full day today after 10 and 12 hours leading up to it. Fortunately Caleb is going somewhere tonight to trick or treat so I am off the hook for that - but we are having Zach's family birthday tomorrow - so I am nowhere ready for that. I started a little cleaning last night - but pooped out quickly and did a little grocery shopping for non cold stuff before coming in here - ssiiiigggghhhhh - at least I got to sleep past 6 a.m. today.

The powers that be have been quiet on the headcount front the last two weeks - I am pretty sure that starting next week there will be another round - they haven't gotten to that magic number they mentioned awhile back that we are 'over' by - so good times to look forward to.