Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This morning was squats & GBB 14 #2, and I had an awesome time =D

every 20s x 3min
    seated tuck jumps x2

Squat 170x3x5
    5th reps were grinders in their own right but I didn't fold over much at all so I'm happy with it. Will not squat heavy for a bit over a week now so I decided to just leave it as is. No additional singles or anything.

3 rounds per side w/ 30lbs KB
    - Power Clean x5
    - Push Press/Jerk x10 (all push press on 1st round, 7/3 on last 2)
    - split squat x15 (8/7, 10/5, 8/7 weighted/bodyweight only)

every 20s x 3min
    power step broad jump x2
    (1 per leg. While the seated tuxk jumps went very well, these? Not so much. My landings were anything but soft and my distance was abysmal. Then again, my legs were pretty darn shot!)

10, 8, 6, 4, 2 of each for time
    - shoulder tap push-up
    - recline rows
    - american kb swings (40lbs)

[6:45] I think I could've gone faster? Doing american swings really taxed my shoulders. I think I'll try just regular swings with the 70lbs monster we have next week instead

I'll be doing the next week of workouts after tomorrow without the heavy lifts. I'm dealing with all kinds of weird little aches and I think doing just conditioning for a few days will be beneficial (and then just strength work for another week for the gainz ;))

• Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Well, I thought that first squat felt weird. Re-racked and ... I had 5kg more on one side than the other. Idiot!

Once I got that sorted, all good!

Squats: 5x5 @ 66.5 kg
    OHP: 3/4/5/5/5 @ 22kg - getting better, and suggests I just need more warm up
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 62.5kg - this felt so much better, I feel like I'm getting it.

Hey, can I beg people to say whether they're working in lbs or kilos? I'm interested in what you're all doing and sometimes I can't guess!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Kgs for me!!

A mixed workout tonight for me as I was with hubby so did some variations to fit in with his schedule too.

Worked hard though and used muscles that aren't used to being worked so it will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow!!
  • krokador
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    Hey, can I beg people to say whether they're working in lbs or kilos? I'm interested in what you're all doing and sometimes I can't guess!

I'm always in lbs unless I specify kg, if it helps. I wish I could squat 170kg! (that's like 375lbs!)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I've been sticking to my deficit and I'm leaning out, losing inches (yay!) but my workouts are stalling. I go up, get stuck, go back down because I think my form sucks/needs work. Today I did 5x5 squats @ 105 lbs (w/ warm ups), bench @75 lbs, rows @75 lbs plus accessories like tricep extensions, cable crunches, curls, etc.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    @Ariadnula - I've doen that before on both squat and deadlift with the 2.5 before and maybe a 5, don't remember which one for which lift. Oops.

As for weight question. I always do lbs, cause yeah don't know the kg stuffs. :wink:

No jogging so far this week, I keep staying in bed instead. I did, however, get a warm shirt to wear under my under armor jacket for when I run. I went looking for shoes but sports authority doesn't have much and they are kinda pricey. I got a shirt and some red leggings (that have pockets, yay) from Maurices. Did lift weights at least earlier today. Now I'm having coffee at a starbucks and going to write until I go pick up coworker from airport.

31 - upper hypertrophy

incline bench 3x8 @ 70 - not too difficult, not sure why i even failed back then. Might try 75 next time.
    db fly 4x8 @ 15 - also did 3x8 wrist curls with 15
    seat row 3x8 @ 80 - challenging but managed
    one db row 1x8 3x10 @ 25 - easy enough, increase next time
    lat raise 3x8 @ 12.5 - still a challenge, tough move
    cable tricep extension 3x8 @ 70 - a bit of a challenge
    cable bicep curls 3x10 @ 50 - easy enough
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    krokador wrote: »

I'm always in lbs unless I specify kg, if it helps. I wish I could squat 170kg! (that's like 375lbs!)

hehe, yes, ok, sometimes it's pretty obvious. But you never know - your workouts always look pretty impressive :smile:
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Today one of my colleagues who is just getting back into lifting came with me, so we did my workout together which was awesome - I genuinely wouldn't have pulled my last deadlift without him (he yelled "You've got this" just as I went to pull, so obviously I had to pull it!)

Squats: 3x5 62.5kg - these feel so heavy, but down and up I go! Didn't have to grind it out so these are feeling good - I also got him to check depth (if you've seen my form check on here/ eat train progress) and tried to stop initiating with an arch

OHP: 4,4,3 32.5kg HAHAHAHAHA. These went terribly, never mind, try again next time!

Deadlift 1x5 75kg - whoop. Did first 2 double overhand, last 3 switch grip. These feel soooo heavy, but I guess it's always going to! Excited to see if I can get 80 next time :)
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Wow, well done, I'd love to deadlift that weight! One day...
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done, I'd love to deadlift that weight! One day...

Remember that I weigh around 84kg (yikes, let's not dwell on that), so I'm not yet pulling bodyweight.

Plus, no use comparing between each other, we all do what we can - I'm sure you'll be pulling that soon :)

You're squatting more than me, and for more reps :):)
  • krokador
    Options
    Made my last barbell workout for a bit and made it count! =D

Bench
    122.5lbs 3x5 !! Didn't think I would make it but I'm so glad I did!!
    Then I tried 135 for 2 and grinded it tou! 2 rep PRs in 1 day! Woo!

EMOTM x6
    Assisted chin/pull-ups x3-5 (varying assists and grips)

4 rounds (25lbs KB, 25lbs DB, 20lbs DB x2)
    - double power snatch x5
    - double push press x5
    - front rack lunge x5/leg
    - power clean

The snatches with 25# KBs were UGLY and to be honest the lunges were SUPER hard with the KBs as well, and not super with the DBs, so I regressed down and I couldn't find the 2nd 20lbs KB so DB it was!

EMOTM x6
    - 35lbs KB Sumo deadlift pop squat x4
    - squat thrusts x RAT (10/5/6/7/8/8)

Snatch grip deadlifts (no straps! Crazy grip work!)
    115x10, 125x10, 135x10

No more babrells until I finish my 3rd go around of GBB day 11-15. I'll focus on rehab and mobility work + some extra cardio. Then I'll do 4 ICF 5x5 workouts and move on to days 16-20 and back to regular programming, but with 3x5 instead of 5x5 for everything because deficit.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rest day today. So, I did kettle bell swings. Single arm for 10 reps 20 sets for 20 minutes at 10 pounds. I finally was able to go look for a kettle bell and they did not have the right weight. I will have to check out other stores.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good news: I lost 3 lbs. Maybe it's because I didn't lift all week and didn't retain any water. Who knows. I finally had time to get a SL workout in and had to deload big time. It felt pretty easy and at least I didn't lose that much strenght/fitness.

Today's SL workout:

Squats: 5x5 @ 125lbs. - I had to deload by 20 lbs. after 9 days of no SL workouts. It was easier than I though but I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.

OH Press: 5x5@45lbs. - I had to deload by 10 lbs. and it was pretty easy. My form was pretty good and I can progress next time.

Deadlift: 5x5@ 165 lbs. - I had to deload by 20 lbs. That's okay because 185 lbs. is friggin' pretty heavy.

Cardio: 30 minutes hill run on treadmill = 3 miles done. Technically I should have ran 5 miles but will run on Friday since my gym is closed for Thanksgiving and won't have access to weights.

Misc: 20 regular pushups, and 2 planks at 1 minute hold on each plank.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Good news: I lost 3 lbs. Maybe it's because I didn't lift all week and didn't retain any water.

Congratulations!
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hot and busy again last night. First time there were two other girls lifting and that weren't mucking around. In the time it took me to do whole workout about an hr they did just bench and squats and they were lifting big weights.
    Then there was this guy I haven't seen in before wanting my rack and offered to spot me. Told him no thanks need to learn to do it on my own, then did some extra sets just to make him wait abit longer.
    Squats 2x12 20kg goblet
    2x12 20kg plie no rest between the two exercises super set
    Front squat 1x12 30kg,1x10 32.5kg,1x10 35kg, 1x5 37.5kg,1x5 40kg
    Bench 1x8 30kg, 5x5 32.5kg
    Assisted pullup 45kg 3x10
    Seated row 3x12 33kg
    Skullcrusher 3x12 8kg
    Db bench flyes 3x12 8kg
    Preacher curl 3x12 15kg
    Hammy curls 3x 12 12.5kg
    Leg extensions 3x12 15kg

Should take tonight as rest but we'll see how hot it is.
    Need to work on deads x12 range too much work at higher weight might drop back to 5x5 that way I can lift 1x5 at 70kg.

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I did a KB HIIT workout today between dropping my daughter off at preschool & going back for their Thanksgiving celebration/dinner.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i did a partial workout mostly involving squats and repeating all my warmup work twice, and then giving up on 95 pounds after a couple of reps. rinse and repeat, after long break for mobility work. also did some ohp, some kettlebell squats and The Pec Stretch again.

but by around then it was clear that i'm not just tired but sick, so i quit.

i had thought it was just a reaction to fresh furnace dust thanks so a sudden cold snap. but now i'm home, out of denial and into the o.j. and garlic bread. which is my main response to a cold.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @canadianlbs here's hoping that is nothing serious and you're feeling better soon.

Tonight session was fantastic
    Deadlift worked way up to 2x5 @70kg
    Front squat W/up bar, 8x30kg, 8x35kg,5x40kg,5x45kg, 3x50 kg YES
    Bench 1x12 25kg, 8 7 5 5 5 x30kg, 1x 35kg this is getting frustrating
    Lat pulldown 3x12 33 kg
    Seated row 3x12 33kg
    Tricep pulldown 3x12 10+half
    Skullcrusher 3x12 8kg

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @canadianlbs I hope you feel better very soon. Look after yourself.

The gym will have to wait until after work tonight when I intend to have a mega workout! Looking forward to it already!!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Alright. Pecan pies are in the oven so I can update things while I wait. Though hope they turn out as head a slight egg issue when getting the filling together, but we'll wait and see. Went to the gym after work. Tomorrow the gym closes early afternoon and it's my rest day anyways, so not going to lift or anything. I work 2-close then go back in at 8 am for friday. Plenty for me to do coming up. We all bring food too so I'll get to eat some but won't have stuff at home really, except the smoked turkey that my roommate got from his work, plus the veggies I bought and need to cook.

32 - lower hypertrophy

front squat 3x8 @ 85 and 1x8 @ 100 - 85 wasn't too bad on wrists but they did ache some. The 100 was first time on front squat, did the crossed arms option again for the heavier set.
    bar lunge 3x8 @ 70 - same as last time
    good morning 3x10 @ 70 - also same
    leg extension 3x8 @ 80 - more of a challenge
    leg curl 3x8 @ 80 - also challenging but more so on my calves than hamstrings
    seated calf 3x10 @ 100 - eh