Fireworks! November workouts going off like a rocket

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options

your own personal accessory set will probably start to present itself to your mind as you keep progressing with strong lifts and picking out the little sub-factors in each of the lifts that you want to support. that was my experience, anyway.

Thank you, that makes perfect sense!
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @BethAnnieT I switched up from 5x5 a few weeks ago because I didn't have the equipment to continue with the program as written so by dropping weights back and increasing reps I could still achieve progressive overload. My trainer has me now working at x12 reps per set for 6 weeks to increase the hypertrophy in my muscles. Because I'm tall and have long limbs it takes alot longer for me to see any change in my muscles (as if being a girl lifting wasn't hard enough) I intend to go back to 5x5 at Xmas. I'm already struggling to make x12 reps with the heavier lifts and progress is S L O W.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Squats-1 X5X 65/75/85/95/105, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X105
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-5X5X 80

Since Thursday I have not had time to exercise due to houseguests. Except, Friday my 12 and 10 year old grandson's wanted to see what I did with my equipment. They thought that it would be easy to lift my 45 pound barbell out of its rack. It wasn't going anywhere! So I showed them my squats and they were very excited and could not believe it. When I loaded my barbell for the DL with the 45 pound weights they were amazed. I put 150 pounds on and said go ahead and try to see if you can move it. It just rolled a little bit. They were in awe as I was able to lift it five times. I am now their hero!

Could not love this more.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sunday's WO...

Squat: 72.5kg, 5x5
    OHP: 25kg, 5x5
    DL: 80kg, 1x3

I seem to be having real issues with my grip strength. I'm sure I could have done 1x5 @ 80kgs had I not felt as though I was going to drop it on my toes.

Yesterday...

Cardio. 5k.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nov. 30

Squats: 5x5 @ 110 lbs
    Bench: 5x5 @ 75 lbs
    Rows: 5x5 @ 75 lbs
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rest day today! I did 20 minutes of kettle bell swing one minute intervals, Single arm swings, with a 10 pound weight.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Met with trainer before lifting. I will post in two forums on that one, so check out there for details on the interesting meeting with the trainer when I just wanted a caliper test done. After that, I lifted weights, jogged on treadmill, went out for sushi and checked out a different sports nutrition store. Got some p28 to try, white chocolate, which does have whey so I won't have it often but will be interesting to try a 14 grams of protein peanut butter. Plus got another shaker cup cause 1 is not enough. This one has a spot for "pills" so vitamins and such but I'ma put snacks in it, hehe.

35 - upper hypertrophy

incline bench 4x10 @ 70 - challenge by the end. Some reason I had 75 written for last time but pretty sure I did 70 as that was my fail point weeks ago. May try 75 next week though.
    db fly 17.5 4x8 - tad more challenging since increased this time
    seat row 2x8 @ 80 and 2x8 @ 70 - the tension felt off even 70 was almost too hard, not sure why it feels different sometimes.
    1 db row 4x8 @ 27.5 - not bad, moving up slow but steady on these
    cable bicep curl 3x12 @ 50 - tough for those last reps
    cable tricep extension 4x10 @ 70 - not bad but still a challenge
    30 minutes jogging on treadmill