No-Gain November Week 1 Check-In (11/2-11/8)

Options
12346»

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    11.9 New week:

Start weight 11/1/15: 151
    CW: 149
    Goal weight for Nov: 146.
    Finally below 150!

Sunday, 11/8:

Water: OK
    Logged Food: Yes. (this morning)
    Exercise as Planned?: Done - walking/jog. :)
    At or Under Carb Level: 8/20g net :)
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes :)
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes, cooked for the weekly lunches. Fridge full of good stuff. :)
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Ok, November goals:

1. Under 30 total carbs daily
    2. Run 3+ times a week, with at least two interval runs
    3. Pre-planned meals with restaurant food only twice a week
    4. Restrict my shopping to 1X week large shopping trip and 2 small trips through the week

Lets do this!

1. Screwed up big time on Saturday and Sunday.
    2. Yes, ran my physical fitness test on Saturday and put a good start to today by running two miles this morning.
    3. Yes... ish. Had restaurant food Saturday and Sunday. It was bad.
    4. Didn't get my Costco trip in on Sunday. I will be going to the store tonight for fresh veggies, and hope the meat that's in the fridge will last.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I'll play along for November. I'm still fairly new to this WOE (this time around at least) and I feel I need to hold myself accountable and hopefully by posting my goals I can do that:

I'm starting today 11/2/15

1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill 10,176
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 24
    3. Stay under 1300 calories 1393
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8 will weigh when i wake up
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth Yes
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food Yes-made salads for next 3 days

I plan to check in daily.

GOOD LUCK to everyone participating. :)

see results above

11/3/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill 12035
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 13
    3. Stay under 1300 calories 1271
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth yes
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food yes

11/4/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill - yes 10070
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) - Yes, probably, not sure-see #3
    3. Stay under 1300 calories - Not sure, ate out last night and have no idea how many calories were in the 17 battered/deep fried shrimp I ate.
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 207.8 206.4
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth - nope because I didn't know how much to log for last night
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food - Yes - eating #3 salad I made Monday night.
    7. Continue C25K-completed day 1/week 1 tonight. - Did not last night but plan to tonight.

11/5/2015
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill Yes 13668
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 14
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories 1148
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 206.4 (-1.4)
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth yes
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food yes
    7. Continue C25K yes completed week 1/day 2

11/6/15
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill Nope 8445 :(
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) Don't know - had pizza after football game and didn't log it
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories Don't know - had pizza after football game and didn't log it
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 206.4 (-1.4)
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth Nope, see 2 & 3
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food N/A - weekend
    7. Continue C25K

11/7/15
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill Nope 9419 but so close
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) - Did not log all my foot & had Chinese buffet for supper
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories - Did not log all my foot & had Chinese buffet for supper
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently 205.2 (-2.6)
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth - Did not log all my foot & had Chinese buffet for supper
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food - N/A - weekend
    7. Continue C25K

11/8/15
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill - YES!!! 16191 thanks to mowing lawn AND C25K!
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net) 23 net carbs
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories 1430 (862 exercise calories)
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently ~207 - Chinese food from Saturday night was NOT a smart idea (-1.4)
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth - Yes!
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food - Yes, made two different low-carb meals today and have leftovers for lunches
    7. Continue C25K - Completed Day 3, Week 1

11/9/15
    1. Hit 10,000 steps on my FitBit, either through normal walking or on my treadmill
    2. Stay under 35 grams of carbs (net)
    3. Stay under 1300 calories without eating back FitBit adjusted exercise calories
    4. Lose 5 pounds this month and then get under 200 lbs. by the end of the year. Currently ~207 - Chinese food from Saturday night was NOT a smart idea (-1.4)
    5. Log EVERYTHING that goes in to my mouth
    6. Pre-plan weekday lunches to avoid the cafeteria or fast food
    7. Continue C25K
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Last week's check in. - I haven't been at a computer, and it is way to hard to do this on my phone!

Thursday 11/5
    Water: 80/80oz
    Logged Food: √
    Exercise: √
    Carbs: √
    Calorie Limit: √
    Planned Day Ahead: √

Friday 11/6
    Water: 80/80oz
    Calorie Limit: √

Saturday 11/7
    Water: 48/80oz
    Exercise:√
    Calorie Limit: Over!

Sunday 11/8
    Water: 48/80oz
    Carbs: Over by 10!
    Calorie Limit: Over by alot!

It is so much easier to be 'good' during the week than on weekends!

^^^The bolded is me!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Wanted to check in here. I have been able to keep the leg cramps under control after the one day of slipping and forgetting my sodium. Keeping carbs (20) and calories (1600) at, or below, goal.

My reluctance to set a weight loss goal has proven true. The scale finally got back to my lowest (194.4) then two days later (202). There isn't a logical reason for this, but I sure hope the reason is revealed once I do begin to lose pounds again. This is why my motivation isn't based on that stupid scale (I can't let it be since its let me down). If I had, I wouldn't be here. The inches lost and the health I have gained from this woe is greater than what that scale can do to me!

I haven't logged my food since last week. I don't like not having a diary to show others when it's needed. I'm working on getting my routine figured out, after returning to work. There's no way to fit in any mfp while at work, at all. I may just pre-log everything the night before because I do like having an active food log. Will get this figured out and will keep on trucking!

You all inspire me!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    This is day 8 for me since starting keto. I lost 3.8 lbs as of the first week but this morning I'm down another 1.8 now that TOM is winding down! So 5.6 lbs gone in the first 8 days.
    Yesterday I kept my calories under and had 21gm net carbs.
    Wasn't able to run b/c of the pouring rain but looks like I'll be able to go out today.

Overall, I am really happy with keto so far. I have fewer struggles with hunger and cravings than I did on Dukan (even my modified Dukan that was a bit higher fat than the strict plan). It hasn't been that hard to stick to, but I haven't gone out and about that much. I did have "cheats" on both Saturday and Sunday but I have a better plan for those situations in the future. I was already struggling with fatigue and poor stamina so I don't know if I can blame it on keto. ;)

I've had some headaches but appreciate the advice to keep an eye on my sodium intake and electrolytes. My cardiologist wanted me to bump up my sodium anyway since my BP runs low and I have a vasovagal response so I have issues with dizziness and starting to black out at times. (The latter has only happened twice but that's why I got sent to a cardiologist.)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Has anyone here actually made a cheesecake that was really good? I'm wanting to make something for MIL and me for Thanksgiving. I don't have a spring-form pan, though. Hmmm... I have a chocolate no-bake one I have made before.... Just thinking out loud I guess. I really want to stay on-plan for Thanksgiving. I'll be bringing Deviled Eggs. That's my "thing." I'm thinking of a green bean casserole and a mock-stuffing in small servings. Maybe a gravy...in-deep-thought-smiley-emoticon.gif

We really enjoyed this one! Made it twice in one month (two birthdays)!
    https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2159564

And we got this spring-form pan on Amazon...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NKUA64C

Do we have a week 2 thread yet? I haven't been able to spot it.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    November Goals:

1. Review basics and get back to following more carefully
    2. 10,000 steps per day (work days); 5,000 steps per day (weekend)
    3. Keep at around 40 net carbs per day
    4. Log Food Daily
    5. Additional exercise at least 3 times a week (yoga, weight lifting, biking)

11/01 - didn't get my steps or track my food so I'm going to say nil for the day just to be honest :)
    11/02 - Also didn't track my food (was so busy all day long) but I did get in my 10,000 steps and did some yoga!
    11/03 - Great day. I got in my steps, did some weight lifting, tracked my food and was under 40 net grams of crabs.
    11/04 - Another great day - got my steps in, did yoga, tracked my food and under 40 net carbs.
    11/05 - a repeat of yesterday!! :)
    11/06 - 11/08: Weekend went pretty well. I was very low on calories and good on carbs but only one day I didn't get to 5,000 steps. (I wasn't feeling very well). But overall my weekend was much better than ones in the past!
    11/09 - Great day and I did yoga as well!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    Has anyone here actually made a cheesecake that was really good? I'm wanting to make something for MIL and me for Thanksgiving. I don't have a spring-form pan, though. Hmmm... I have a chocolate no-bake one I have made before.... Just thinking out loud I guess. I really want to stay on-plan for Thanksgiving. I'll be bringing Deviled Eggs. That's my "thing." I'm thinking of a green bean casserole and a mock-stuffing in small servings. Maybe a gravy...in-deep-thought-smiley-emoticon.gif

We really enjoyed this one! Made it twice in one month (two birthdays)!
    https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2159564

And we got this spring-form pan on Amazon...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NKUA64C

Do we have a week 2 thread yet? I haven't been able to spot it.

Thanks. An no because I spaced and forgot that Monday was the beginning of the new week. I seriously need to get more sleep. It will be up in a few min.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    B) Yesterday's goals met.
    Calories: under goal
    Carbs: under goal
    IF 18:6: yup
    Fitbit steps: over 12000!
    Workout at the gym (lifting) this morning @ 6 am (fasting): yup.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    11/6-11/8

1. Stay under 30 net most days- 3 checks
    2. Meal planning for each day-1 check
    3. Pay more attention to hydration-1 check
    4. Get in some physical activity daily. Start a bodyweight routine and work on decluttering my house. 2 checks
    5. Read daily-3 checks

10/15

This was a hard few days as we had an illness/death in the family. Meal planning and hydration fell by the wayside.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    11/6-11/8

1. Stay under 30 net most days- 3 checks
    2. Meal planning for each day-1 check
    3. Pay more attention to hydration-1 check
    4. Get in some physical activity daily. Start a bodyweight routine and work on decluttering my house. 2 checks
    5. Read daily-3 checks

10/15

This was a hard few days as we had an illness/death in the family. Meal planning and hydration fell by the wayside.

Sending hugs. A lot of friends seem to be struggling lately...
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My Week One:

Carb goal met 2 times
    Exercise goal met 2 times
    Water didn't meet goal.

Not a great week but week two is looking much better.