Daily check in for Keto friends...

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Well I dipped into the chocolate the last couple of days and immediately had a headache ....and woke up the next morning with body soreness .....So far today I'm on track for Keto.....
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I went completely off the rails for a few days and am feeling great about it. Sounds crazy, I know, but almost 6 months in now and I NEVER cheat, so it feels good to know that I can go off the rails and still get back on. Hubby and I are finishing the last of the carb-loaded food tonight (I havent eaten yet today so glad to see I'm not being plagued by hunger) and it's back on the saddle tomorrow. Thursday is Chinese food for New Years Eve assuming I make it home from work in time for dinner, and no other cheats planned for me. In the past one cheat would lead to many cheats and before I knew it I'd be back where I started. I've been so afraid of that, and now I see there was no reason to be nervous. I managed to take a few day break to indulge, and while I'm sure if I were to weigh-in I'd be many pounds higher, emotionally I feel great and ready to continue my keto way of life :)
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Well I dipped into the chocolate the last couple of days and immediately had a headache ....and woke up the next morning with body soreness .....So far today I'm on track for Keto.....

I had "body soreness" as well for awhile when I was off Keto and didn't know it was due to carbs. Now that I know what it is, I'm much more aware of how many carbs my body can take.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I went completely off the rails for a few days and am feeling great about it. Sounds crazy, I know, but almost 6 months in now and I NEVER cheat, so it feels good to know that I can go off the rails and still get back on. Hubby and I are finishing the last of the carb-loaded food tonight (I havent eaten yet today so glad to see I'm not being plagued by hunger) and it's back on the saddle tomorrow. Thursday is Chinese food for New Years Eve assuming I make it home from work in time for dinner, and no other cheats planned for me. In the past one cheat would lead to many cheats and before I knew it I'd be back where I started. I've been so afraid of that, and now I see there was no reason to be nervous. I managed to take a few day break to indulge, and while I'm sure if I were to weigh-in I'd be many pounds higher, emotionally I feel great and ready to continue my keto way of life :)

Congrats! My New Year's resolution is to get to a point where lapses can be planned for celebratory purposes and not turn into full-on crash and burn collapses.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing keto since 11/2. I've been in the low carb group, which has been wonderful (and I see a lot of familiar screen names here! :)) but only today realized there was a group just for keto. Glad to have found you all!

It's going pretty well so far (13 lbs down!), though right now with all DH and the kids' Christmas treats in the house it's harder to resist all the carbage.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hello Keto friends - I have been off and on since Thanksgiving, and am up 5 lbs or so. I see a difference in my skin, how I sleep, and overall well being. Back to Keto for me - bring on the butter!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness where is my optimism from yesterday? transition flu has my head spinning, I dont remember feeling this crappy the first time I went into ketosis LOL. First time I've ever kicked myself all the way out. Brutal. I found myself considering indulging again, and justifying it... trying to talk myself into it. That's crazy for me - I'm not like that at all on keto. SO I might just buckle down further. I have a turkey dinner tomorrow night (no worries there, my sister is okay with my keto lifestyle) but I might do a fat fast Tuesday if I'm not back in deep ketosis. I should have signed on to work for a couple of hours today and instead I napped when the kids did! :(
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    So what is everyone's goals for January ??

Mine is to lose 10#
    Strength train 3-4 days a week
    Keep carbs under 25g
  • edyn_Blair
    edyn_Blair Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I just switched to a very extreme Ketogenic Diet over the weekend, gonna be tough, but I have done it before, my goal being to try to drop as much weight before a expo I am working January 19-24 in vegas, going to try for 20% BF as much as possible. I got on a electro Bio-impedence measure machine on the 21st and came up at 144 and 26% so I've got to get my *kitten* in gear, in june I was 136 and 23%, I am getting back in the gym daily to lift and will be attempting to get 300 calories burn in cardio daily too. 1500 cals a day and my keto ratio is 65%fat/30%Protein/5%carbs and minimum 1 gallon water a day. This has worked wonders for me in the past so hopefully my body will drop into keto quickly, this first week I am really focused on pushing it. And I plan to compete in WBFF Bikini in April for the first time. hopefully I can get down to 15%BF by then.
    I am going lightly by the Bio-impedence scale since it does measure bodyfat fairly accurately, weekly, and taking a front/side/back picture weekly to monitor changes as well. I'm not terribly concerned with my actual weight as I am muscle dense and plan to stay that way and build more

Glad this is here, support for this seems really important.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    edyn_Blair wrote: »
    I just switched to a very extreme Ketogenic Diet over the weekend, gonna be tough, but I have done it before, my goal being to try to drop as much weight before a expo I am working January 19-24 in vegas, going to try for 20% BF as much as possible. I got on a electro Bio-impedence measure machine on the 21st and came up at 144 and 26% so I've got to get my *kitten* in gear, in june I was 136 and 23%, I am getting back in the gym daily to lift and will be attempting to get 300 calories burn in cardio daily too. 1500 cals a day and my keto ratio is 65%fat/30%Protein/5%carbs and minimum 1 gallon water a day. This has worked wonders for me in the past so hopefully my body will drop into keto quickly, this first week I am really focused on pushing it. And I plan to compete in WBFF Bikini in April for the first time. hopefully I can get down to 15%BF by then.
    I am going lightly by the Bio-impedence scale since it does measure bodyfat fairly accurately, weekly, and taking a front/side/back picture weekly to monitor changes as well. I'm not terribly concerned with my actual weight as I am muscle dense and plan to stay that way and build more

. Sounds awesome ! Happy to support you here.....I'm just starting to lift seriously, like you, I'm really looking to decrease body fat. I have quite a bit more to lose than you, but everything I'm reading is not to wait on incorporating lifting.

• 4031isaiah
    Options
    oh my goodness where is my optimism from yesterday? transition flu has my head spinning, I dont remember feeling this crappy the first time I went into ketosis LOL. First time I've ever kicked myself all the way out. Brutal. I found myself considering indulging again, and justifying it... trying to talk myself into it. That's crazy for me - I'm not like that at all on keto. SO I might just buckle down further. I have a turkey dinner tomorrow night (no worries there, my sister is okay with my keto lifestyle) but I might do a fat fast Tuesday if I'm not back in deep ketosis. I should have signed on to work for a couple of hours today and instead I napped when the kids did! :(

Being around people who understand and/or respect Keto is a must for success this time of year. I'm god your sister gets it and is ok with it.

I had a work party and the pressure to have wine and dessert was unbelievable.

I am on my way home from 3 days surrounded by non-Keto food lovers. It was crazy. I look forward to life getting back to normal.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options

Mine is to lose 10#
    Keep carbs under 25g

I have a Fitbit so my first goal is to get back to a minimum of 10k steps/day. I also want to get back into ketosis and lose 10lbs as well.
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.... I, too, am looking forward to getting back on track to normal - it has been a bit excessive all round - dietary wise. Managed to keep up with my workouts and a really long pool session today!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    edyn_Blair wrote: »

Impressive goals! Keep us posted on your progress.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

Mine is to lose 10#
    Keep carbs under 25g

I have a Fitbit so my first goal is to get back to a minimum of 10k steps/day. I also want to get back into ketosis and lose 10lbs as well.
    Sounds good!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still hanging on to the hope of shedding water before jan 1. Only for my ego, to see lower total numbers. All in all proud of myself for efforts and mostly successes during the two month period starting at Halloween. Have to come up with some real life goals for January. Its nice to find myself settling back into my regular keto lifestyle now that the holidaze are done with. I really do like my habits. I only wish I didn't feel hungry so often - most peeps say they don't feel hungry doing keto, but i am every day. I have just decided to accept it and not let it rule me. I am good at stoicism but I am a sucker for my triggers. Constant vigilance for me. I believe I'm working with a pretty serious eating disorder, but this way of eating has helped me to be able to come up with some workable strategies for coping. Will post new January goals later in the week. Keto on.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My goals for January:
    * Win Round 5 of my Transformer DietBet (thankfully I'm 0.5 lb below my goal for that already so should be OK!).
    * Lose another 3-5 lbs and/or fit back into my jeggings and the rest of my pants from 2013-14!
    * Work out at least 3x/wk and start strength training.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Still hanging on to the hope of shedding water before jan 1. Only for my ego, to see lower total numbers. All in all proud of myself for efforts and mostly successes during the two month period starting at Halloween. Have to come up with some real life goals for January. Its nice to find myself settling back into my regular keto lifestyle now that the holidaze are done with. I really do like my habits. I only wish I didn't feel hungry so often - most peeps say they don't feel hungry doing keto, but i am every day. I have just decided to accept it and not let it rule me. I am good at stoicism but I am a sucker for my triggers. Constant vigilance for me. I believe I'm working with a pretty serious eating disorder, but this way of eating has helped me to be able to come up with some workable strategies for coping. Will post new January goals later in the week. Keto on.

Anywhere I've read about hunger on Keto, it seems that the solution is to consume more fat. Have you tried that?
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It has been a very bumpy December for me. Too many temptations. Too many cookies. Too much booze. Darling husband insists we bake Christmas cookies for when (if) company comes. Now they're in the house and calling my name. I know if I have one- it's all over. When he goes back to work after New Years- he's going to have to take the cookies with him. I just can't have them in the house. Anybody else deal with this?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    elize7 wrote: »

Anywhere I've read about hunger on Keto, it seems that the solution is to consume more fat. Have you tried that?

Fat helps many many people.
    I'm not really one of them. I, too, am a very hungry caterpillar. When losing weight, I just have to deal with it.
    It has been a very bumpy December for me. Too many temptations. Too many cookies. Too much booze. Darling husband insists we bake Christmas cookies for when (if) company comes. Now they're in the house and calling my name. I know if I have one- it's all over. When he goes back to work after New Years- he's going to have to take the cookies with him. I just can't have them in the house. Anybody else deal with this?

I used to be. Now I keep things in containers where I can't stare at them. Or they can't stare at me. I make things for myself instead, but then THOSE things cause me grief and need to be put in the basement or basement fridge so I don't get into them too often.