Determined December: Week 1 Challenge Check-In (12/1-12/7)

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    December Basics Challenge:
    Wednesday, Dec. 2
    Original Weight: 185-190 lbs in late June, 2015
    SW: 152.4
    CW: 150.8 (scale dipped today but I am a bit dehydrated)
    GW for Dec 31: Under 150 (at least most of the time)
    Final GW: ~140lbs

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Wednesday was 25g.
    • If I eat over 25g of carbs in a day, it is not to exceed 35g. N/A
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. calories were around 1600 = fine
    • Do at least one fat fast (~500kcal of mainly fat) per week. That's today
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days. N/A
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. Taking a rest day instead of YogaX. My joints need it.

Thursday, Dec. 3
    CW: 150.6

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Thursday's main carb was some avocado. I hit about 12g. This was supposed to be a fat fast day but I got hungry...
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. calories were around 1000 since I started out fat fasting but then got hungry
    • Do at least one fat fast (~500kcal of mainly fat) per week. Oops. LOL
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days.
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. Thursday is a rest day.

Friday, December 4

CW: 150.6 same

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Carbs were about 24g
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. Hungry day. Big dinner but still hungry and I went out and bought pork rinds. Pigged out in the evening. Close to 2400 kcal total.
    • Do at least one fat fast (~500kcal of mainly fat) per week. Not today.
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days. Ate first meal of lunch at 1:00pm.
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. P90X Legs and back, with Ab RipperX on Friday

• cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Started at 184, today I'm 181.8 I know it's water weight, but it was nice to see a drop. I know lots of people shake their heads at this, but I tend to weigh daily. Seeing the drops and rises, depending on what I eat, how much, and if I exercise or not helps me continue to make good choices.
  • nvmomketo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    December Basics Challenge:
    Wednesday, Dec. 2
    CW: 150.8 (scale dipped today but I am a bit dehydrated)

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Wednesday was 25g.
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. calories were around 1600 = fine
    • Do at least one fat fast (~500kcal of mainly fat) per week. That's today
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days. N/A
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. Taking a rest day instead of YogaX. My joints need it.

Thursday, Dec. 3
    CW: 150.6

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Thursday's main carb was some avocado. I hit about 12g. This was supposed to be a fat fast day but I got hungry...
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. calories were around 1000 since I started out fat fasting but then got hungry
    • Do at least one fat fast (~500kcal of mainly fat) per week. Oops. LOL
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days.
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. Thursday is a rest day.

Friday, December 4

CW: 150.6 same

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Carbs were about 24g
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. Hungry day. Big dinner but still hungry and I went out and bought pork rinds. Pigged out in the evening. Close to 2400 kcal total.
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days. Ate first meal of lunch at 1:00pm.
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. P90X Legs and back, with Ab RipperX on Friday

Saturday, December 4

CW: 150.6 same again

December Goals:
    • Eat below 25g of carbs on all days except possibly Dec. 9th (dinner theatre and school party), 18th (party), 24, 25, and 31(hosting a party). Carbs were just under 25g
    • I can eat over my calories on a few days but will cut back on other days to make up for it, without going hungry. Ate a lot again. Over 2000kcal. Two days in a row is enough. Even if I am hungry tonight (defnitely not now LOL) I'll stop with a notmal dinner.
    • Use IF with BPC to eat meals/solid food (that sounds really weird...) between 2pm and 7pm on the majority of days. Ate first meal of lunch at 3:00pm. I think I left food until too late in the day
    • Complete Round 1 of P90X just before Xmas. Taking a ouple of rest days (Sat and Sun). DOMS is crazy! My glutes are so sore it hurts to sit in a chair. LOL

We had a good day on Saturday. The basketball team I coach had a wicked game, the type where we were barely up by a couple of baskets the entire game but then the other team pulled ahead in the last 3 minutes. I called a time out at 50 odd seconds, gave them a pep talk, and they managed to tie and then win in the last 10 seconds. I almost had a heart attack. LOL Just awesome!

And I was proud of myself too. This is community ball for 10-13 year olds, and we're all about equal floor time. I kept the same line-up in the game in those last minutes even though they were not all of our strongest players. I just told them I believed in them and knew they could do it, and they did it! A proud coaching/mom moment! :)

And then my youngest had a really strong soccer game and they were all on task , which is a big deal for a team of 8 year old boys who are signed up for soccer because they obviously have too much energy and their parents need to focus it for a while. LOL ;)

Oh! And we found a great deal on an Xmas tree! We're out of work now but we still love Xmas trees and usually spend a lot (too much) on thick trees. We were going to cut way back and get a shorter and more sparse tree this year but the one hubby found is so thick around that it takes up a quarter of the room and you can't even see the trunk. It's awesome, and it was only $35 ! A splurge but it will be up for a month and a half so that is less than a dollar a day. Yay!

Saturday was just a realy nice day. :)

• nvmomketo
    Options
    Started at 184, today I'm 181.8 I know it's water weight, but it was nice to see a drop. I know lots of people shake their heads at this, but I tend to weigh daily. Seeing the drops and rises, depending on what I eat, how much, and if I exercise or not helps me continue to make good choices.

It's not all water. ;) You're off to a great start! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Being sick this week has kept me from the exercise I had planned for my goal this month. But, I'm improving and believe I will be back to myself by tomorrow.

The illness turned into a three day water (though not enough) fast. I've been planning to incorporate IF, so now I know I can. Plus, I'm sure it will be optimal when I feel good while doing it. The scale rewarded me with a 3lb loss though, and I will take it. Leaves me at 190.3 (so close to the 180's!!), which is a lower weight than when I was 15 years old!! I'm sure the increases will come with rehydration, but it sure was nice to see!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

I'm a member of the Masochistic Daily Weigher's Club. :wink:
    I can't help myself. I need to know. But I also know when my scale is drunk and to not let what it says get to me.
  • baconslave
    Options
    We had a good day on Saturday. The basketball team I coach had a wicked game, the type where we were barely up by a couple of baskets the entire game but then the other team pulled ahead in the last 3 minutes. I called a time out at 50 odd seconds, gave them a pep talk, and they managed to tie and then win in the last 10 seconds. I almost had a heart attack. LOL Just awesome!

And I was proud of myself too. This is community ball for 10-13 year olds, and we're all about equal floor time. I kept the same line-up in the game in those last minutes even though they were not all of our strongest players. I just told them I believed in them and knew they could do it, and they did it! A proud coaching/mom moment! :)

And then my youngest had a really strong soccer game and they were all on task , which is a big deal for a team of 8 year old boys who are signed up for soccer because they obviously have too much energy and their parents need to focus it for a while. LOL ;)

Oh! And we found a great deal on an Xmas tree! We're out of work now but we still love Xmas trees and usually spend a lot (too much) on thick trees. We were going to cut way back and get a shorter and more sparse tree this year but the one hubby found is so thick around that it takes up a quarter of the room and you can't even see the trunk. It's awesome, and it was only $35 ! A splurge but it will be up for a month and a half so that is less than a dollar a day. Yay!

Having played basketball from K through my senior year in high school, I just LOVE that. Good for you and good for them!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Fri, 12/4:
    Water: 120/120oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: 45min walk check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 28/50g total check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes! Lower cal day. check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! check.jpg
    7/7

Sat, 12/5:
    Water: 120/120oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: Arms and Abs check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 59/50g total. Nope damn hidden carbs in a steak and damn nuts.
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Lord ha'e mercy, no. I screwed up yesterday. I got into the nuts. But I logged it all. Over 3,000cal. It's done, and I'm moving on.
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! Didn't stay on the plan thanks to DH taking us out but I did plan.check.jpg
    5/7

Weekly Trees of Christmas Awesomeness Collected:
    tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif

• nvmomketo
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Having played basketball from K through my senior year in high school, I just LOVE that. Good for you and good for them!
    I played for years too, so I am very thankful that at least one of my boys likes the sport!

My fitness goal was to lose enough weight to hopefully make playing bball in a rec league possible. I have arthritis in my knees and hips but I still want to play more before I end up with replacements in 10 years.

Ah, the nuts. So good yet so bad....
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Being sick this week has kept me from the exercise I had planned for my goal this month. But, I'm improving and believe I will be back to myself by tomorrow.

The illness turned into a three day water (though not enough) fast. I've been planning to incorporate IF, so now I know I can. Plus, I'm sure it will be optimal when I feel good while doing it. The scale rewarded me with a 3lb loss though, and I will take it. Leaves me at 190.3 (so close to the 180's!!), which is a lower weight than when I was 15 years old!! I'm sure the increases will come with rehydration, but it sure was nice to see!

I hope you are on the mend and the 180s don't move far away again. ;)
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/icons/tree5.gif. I'm attempting to give myself a Christmas tree too, not sure if this Wil work, so forgive if it doesn't!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Nope, my technological skills suck! I might learn one day. I'm on a kindle, btw.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Try putting [.img] and [./img] on either side of it. Exclude the"."

tree5.gif
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I'm a member of the Masochistic Daily Weigher's Club. :wink:
    I can't help myself. I need to know. But I also know when my scale is drunk and to not let what it says get to me.

High five! I just gotta know, too B)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    End of week one.
    Back on keto and .2 oz from lowest weight! So that's good. So revised my weight goal after getting a body composition weigh in. Might need to shoot for another 15 or so pounds. I'm not in a rush and its all good. Feeling revitalized after getting back on track.
    Increasing activity naturally is going well this week. Turns out the new job is very physical and although I'm very tired now I think I will be able to adjust! Getting used to the computer and phone tasks may be harder in the long run. I also went dancing for hours and had a great time. Feets, don't fail me now! So thats on track.
    Holiday attitude is so-so. No decorating yet. Still weepy about lots of weird things. But being on diet track and activity track is making me feel at least steady. Now if I
    were to break my lowest weight again - that might help me feel some spirit!
    So this week's final report is: hanging in there!

• baconslave
    Options

I played for years too, so I am very thankful that at least one of my boys likes the sport!

My fitness goal was to lose enough weight to hopefully make playing bball in a rec league possible. I have arthritis in my knees and hips but I still want to play more before I end up with replacements in 10 years.

Ah, the nuts. So good yet so bad....

I miss playing so bad sometimes. :disappointed:
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight on 12/1: 142.8 lbs
    Write (+2)
    80 oz water (+2)
    No Alcohol (0, more of a guideline.)
    5,000 Steps (+1. +3 if I get over 10,000)
    Exercise (+1 for basic stuff. +2 for targeted exercise.)
    Affirmation NSV (+1)

Tuesday, 12/1:
    (+1) Write: I didn't get far, but sitting down to do it is the key! (Worth total of 2)
    (+2) 128/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: didn't have any
    (0) 4,263/5,000 Steps (fitbit charged in the evening but not enough for 737 steps)
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away IN THE BITTER COLD RAIN. YEAH!!
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: While everyone else was enjoying the caramel apple mug cakes I made them for dessert last night, I enjoyed my coffee and didn't stress about it. My husband MADE me take a bite because he wanted me to taste how good they were, but it didn't make me want more!
    5 of a possible 11

Wednesday, 12/2:
    (+2) Write: Check!
    (+2) 148/80 oz water
    (0) 2,359/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away, foundation training
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: I am starting to look at my legs as thin, which I never thought I'd do. I'm not sure I want to see a photo of them just yet but when I look down I can definitely see a difference!
    5 of a possible 11

Thursday, 12/3:
    (0) Write: :(
    (+2) 143/80 oz water
    (+1) 5,501/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: Went to the movie theater and didn't even LOOK at the concession stand.
    5 of a possible 11

Friday, 12/4:
    (+2) Write: :D
    (+2) 103/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: did have some, but less than I would have on a weekend previously
    (+1) 5,533/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: Very happy to see that days that I write and days that I get all my steps in are not mutually exclusive! <3
    6 of a possible 11

Saturday, 12/5:
    (0) 58/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: did have some, but less than I would have on a weekend previously
    (+1) 8,152/5,000 Steps (That's what happens when you get deep into Ikea and realize you left your phone on the dash out in the parking lot)
    (+1) Exercise - IKEA!
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: The jeans which I had asked my husband not to put in the dryer the weekend before now need to go through the dryer so they fit right!
    3 of a possible 11 (whoops!)

Sunday, 12/6:
    (0) 49/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: Egg Nog! :D
    (+1) 6,155/5,000 Steps (That's what happens when you get deep into Ikea and realize you left your phone on the dash out in the parking lot)
    (+1) Exercise - Parking far away, lots of shopping
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: Skin is reacting to some of the sweeteners I had this week, which is a nice way to remember that I have gotten used to the idea of mostly clear skin since starting this WoE!
    3 of a possible 11 (weekends, grrrr)

tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif

Last recorded weight: 142.6 lbs, Dec 7

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I had allowed myself whatever dairy lately, even putting it back in one or two coffees a day. My stomach has been making all sorts of noises, so I'm cutting it back down to avoid whatever I can again. I'll probably have the last of the egg nog with my husband tonight, so today it's dairy free other than that. And a work week means it'll be way easier to keep up with my water!

I have decided to bring my water bottle on vacation so I can seal it when needed, rather than dump it out. That'll help me track how much I actually have had.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    December Basics Challenge

SW: 159.2 (11/02/15)
    CW: 157 (11/24/15)
    GW: 155 (by 1/01/16)

December Goals:

Try a few new low carb recipes this month
    Walk 210 miles this month to achieve my yearly goal of 1,500 miles
    At or under 40 net carbs per day
    Daily Yoga challenge for December; whether it's 5 minutes or 1 hour, I will do yoga everyday!

December 1 - good day: Wise food choices, 5 miles walking + yoga!!
    December 2 - a repeat of yesterday except 6 miles walked and yoga!!
    December 3 - As above + 4 miles walked and yoga!!
    December 4 - 6: Ended the week strong. I didn't track my food over the weekend but I was definitely good. Ate all the right foods and got some exercise in....walking, yoga and weight lifting. I'm hoping to see a drop in the scale soon :#

tree5.gif
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok so goals were

+1 calories- stay under 1398
    +1 Carbs- stay under 30
    +1 work out- to do
    +1 water- 80 oz
    +1 log it every bite
    +1 vitamins
    +1 steps 5000
    +2 10000
    +1 no scale
    +1 no alcohol

total possible per day 10

started 12/2

12/2 9/10 (no gym) (8753 steps)
    12/3 10/10 (17,924 steps)
    12/4 9/10 (no gym) (16,853steps)
    12/5 4/10 (over calories & carbs, no gym, didnt log, & had a shot of kahua in my coffee)(15,083 steps)
    12/6 5/10 ( over calories & carbs, no gym, no vitamins, no log it) (18,324 steps)

so what i have learned from week 1 is m-f i rock sat/sun i suck lolol

need to do better on the weekends

upwards and on wards KCKO