Determined December: Week 1 Challenge Check-In (12/1-12/7)

Options
12346»

Replies

• sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say 10 days in and I feel amazing, waking up isn't hard, like usual
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Mostly on track - I need to work on the water, though and also having enough salt.
    Started at 178, today 174.4. I was a little surprised to see that, but happy of course!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Weekend Summary 12.5 and 12.6

SW 11.30.15 148.2
    CW 148.6
    GW 144 (1.1.2016)

Water: OK.
    Logged Food: yes
    Exercise as Planned?: No
    At or Under Carb Level: ~27
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Close
    Planned Day Ahead: No.

Not a budge on the scale. My mood is a bit somber today, because I thought I was going in the right direction and would have some good news this morning. No booze over the weekend. Ate LCHF. If I were going to autocorrect, I did indulged in too many nuts and too much cheese. So perhaps I got a bit high macros. Still I made good choices overall. Sitting in limbo again until the next drop. A good run is overdue. Shooting for tonight to get some exercise in.

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I missed a few days but I'll just cover today.

SW 11/2: 150.6; 142.6 on 12/1
    CW: 143.4. Stupid scale bounced up 2 lbs this morning.
    GW for December 31: 139.6 or below (DietBet goal for Transformer Round 4, should be reasonable, I hope!)
    My goals for December:
    Carbs: No more than 20 net/day--12/7: Yup, 20 net!
    Calories: 1350/day: Under.
    Logging and measuring daily--check
    Getting in exercise at least 3x/wk--Have only exercised once in the past week. It's a priority for tomorrow morning!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I rode my bicycle today! Only did 1/2 mile, but isn't a flat surface, so was tough for someone who doesn't exercise! I'm calling it success! Plus, hubby went with me, and I think we are going to do it again in a little bit!

Loving everyone's success!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Week one results

1.Under 30 net carbs. Christmas Eve/Day 50 net. +7
    2.Light exercise at least 4 days a week as RA permits. +3
    3. Try one new recipe each week. +2
    4. Stop oversleeping on work days!!! +3
    5. Lose 2 pounds. Lost .6 this week +1

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Starting Weight on 12/1: 142.8 lbs
    Write (+2)
    80 oz water (+2)
    No Alcohol (0, more of a guideline.)
    5,000 Steps (+1. +3 if I get over 10,000)
    Exercise (+1 for basic stuff. +2 for targeted exercise.)
    Affirmation NSV (+1)

Tuesday, 12/1:
    (+1) Write: I didn't get far, but sitting down to do it is the key! (Worth total of 2)
    (+2) 128/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: didn't have any
    (0) 4,263/5,000 Steps (fitbit charged in the evening but not enough for 737 steps)
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away IN THE BITTER COLD RAIN. YEAH!!
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: While everyone else was enjoying the caramel apple mug cakes I made them for dessert last night, I enjoyed my coffee and didn't stress about it. My husband MADE me take a bite because he wanted me to taste how good they were, but it didn't make me want more!
    5 of a possible 11

Wednesday, 12/2:
    (+2) Write: Check!
    (+2) 148/80 oz water
    (0) 2,359/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away, foundation training
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: I am starting to look at my legs as thin, which I never thought I'd do. I'm not sure I want to see a photo of them just yet but when I look down I can definitely see a difference!
    5 of a possible 11

Thursday, 12/3:
    (0) Write: :(
    (+2) 143/80 oz water
    (+1) 5,501/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: Went to the movie theater and didn't even LOOK at the concession stand.
    5 of a possible 11

Friday, 12/4:
    (+2) Write: :):):)
    (+2) 103/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: did have some, but less than I would have on a weekend previously
    (+1) 5,533/5,000 Steps
    (+1) Exercise - Parked far away
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: Very happy to see that days that I write and days that I get all my steps in are not mutually exclusive! <3
    6 of a possible 11

Saturday, 12/5:
    (0) 58/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: did have some, but less than I would have on a weekend previously
    (+1) 8,152/5,000 Steps (That's what happens when you get deep into Ikea and realize you left your phone on the dash out in the parking lot)
    (+1) Exercise - IKEA!
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: The jeans which I had asked my husband not to put in the dryer the weekend before now need to go through the dryer so they fit right!
    3 of a possible 11 (whoops!)

Sunday, 12/6:
    (0) 49/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: Egg Nog! :D
    (+1) 6,155/5,000 Steps (That's what happens when you get deep into Ikea and realize you left your phone on the dash out in the parking lot)
    (+1) Exercise - Parking far away, lots of shopping
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: Skin is reacting to some of the sweeteners I had this week, which is a nice way to remember that I have gotten used to the idea of mostly clear skin since starting this WoE!
    3 of a possible 11 (weekends, grrrr)

Monday, 12/7:
    (+2) Write: :)
    (+2) 125/80 oz water
    (0) No Alcohol: :D
    (+1) 5,000/5,000 Steps (On the dot! I noticed I was close before bed so I paced to get there, lol)
    (+1) Exercise - Parking far away, Foundation, brisk walking while shopping (more errands than lunch hour)
    (+1) Affirmation NSV: Realized while my husband was expressing frustration at this WoE (and calling me a keto proselytizer) that normally I'd be PMSing and really sensitive, but handled that confrontation really well thanks to level BG!
    7 of a possible 11

tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif

Last recorded weight: 142.8 lbs, Dec 8

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Sun, 12/6:
    Water: 120/120oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: 45min walk check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 21/50g total check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes! Lower cal day. check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! check.jpg
    7/7

Mon, 12/7:
    Water: 120/120oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: 30 min workout vid check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 39/50g total check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes! Lower cal day. check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead:check.jpg
    7/7

Weekly Trees of Christmas Awesomeness Collected:
    Week 1 Haul:
    tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif

It's definitely one of those KCKO weeks. I hit my goal weight. Then it bounces right back up. And keeps going up, despite no carb excursions and staying on-plan. I don't know what my body is doing. But I'm up 5lb. I'm up to 154.4 from 149.6. No idea. This makes me mad, partially because it makes me seem like a fraud and a liar. :angry: And also because I've worked so hard. Woke up with chronic fatigue achiness this morning. Lovely. I was tired all day yesterday. Tired today. I was going to say that I'd try to muster enough energy to wear out my lower body and abs today, but that would be a lie. It's GOING TO HAPPEN. Because I will make it happen. "Do. Or do not. There is no TRY."

Oh well.
    KCKO.

See you all on the new thread after the last week's updates.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

It's definitely one of those KCKO weeks. I hit my goal weight. Then it bounces right back up. And keeps going up, despite no carb excursions and staying on-plan. I don't know what my body is doing. But I'm up 5lb. I'm up to 154.4 from 149.6. No idea. This makes me mad, partially because it makes me seem like a fraud and a liar. :angry: And also because I've worked so hard. Woke up with chronic fatigue achiness this morning. Lovely. I was tired all day yesterday. Tired today. I was going to say that I'd try to muster enough energy to wear out my lower body and abs today, but that would be a lie. It's GOING TO HAPPEN. Because I will make it happen. "Do. Or do not. There is no TRY."

Beyond logging your food in MFP, do you keep an 'environment' journal? Make notes about everything you observe (and learn to look for EVERYTHING) so you can recognize patterns. Maybe you hurt more on days where the humidity is higher? Maybe you come into contact with allergens because the day before you felt AWESOME so you tackled dusting you'd put off, you know?
    baconslave wrote: »
    Oh well.
    KCKO.

Exactly!

5 pounds, which to me are clearly water weight brought on by the inflammation that's irritating your system, do NOT take away what you already accomplished!

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @baconslave I agree. If your pain is back your body is just having soe sort of blip. It most definitely is having an annoying effect. Hang in there.

KCKO is right. :)
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and I am so glad that I did.
    DECEMBER CHALLENGE
    <20 net carbs daily
    <1500 calories
    Goal: 155 by Dec 31st
    SW: will post in the morning
    Exercise 2 miles on days off work minimum
    Log all food and exercise daily

SW: 168 :neutral:
    Christmas Goal: 160

DEC 2: 165.6 -2.4
    Carbs: 19 net
    Water: ☆
    Calories: over
    Exercise: nope

DEC 3: 165.8 +.2
    Carbs: 7 net
    Water: ☆
    Calories: under
    Exercise: work

DEC 8: 165.2 -2.8 since 1st
    Carbs in check
    Cutting back on sunflower kernels and peanut butter, focusing on meeting protein goal daily.