What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Options

Replies

• goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    1. whole wheat toast or croissant, avocado, sliced tomatoes, scrambled eggs, coffee
    2. Oatmeal, chopped apple, nuts, cinnamon, whip cream, raisins, coffee
    3. Raisin bran and milk
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mango-pineapple-spinach smoothie made with light vanilla yogurt and skim milk plus toast made with either Italian or whole wheat bread and light margarine.
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I cook and puree 200grams of frozen spinach, with 200ml soya milk, 3drops of Madagascan vanilla extract and Splenda.
    (This hot cereal substitute is delish and hits the spot).
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    alp_19 wrote: »
    I love both of these! I ended up having some cherry greek yogurt and a cup of strawberries for breakfast because that sounded really good. And I love poached eggs but I've never made one myself. May need to try that this week!

Here's an easy way to poach egg using microwave: fill a 1-cup microwaveable bowl or teacup with 1/2 cup water. Gently crack an egg into the water, making sure it’s completely submerged. Cover with a saucer and microwave on high for about 1 minute, or until the white is set but the yolk is still runny. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the egg to a plate.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    veggieerp wrote: »
    Cake for breakfast! I'm obsessed with protein mug cakes right now. Takes one minute to make and "bake". One scoop protein powder, 1/8th tsp baking soda, 2 tbsp milk. Microwave 30-40 seconds in mug sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Two questions :smile: First, How many scoops of protein do you use? Second, do you know about how many calories it comes out to? Thanks!

Okay - she said one scoop in her instructions. BUT what is a scoop? Just in case they vary by brand. 1/4 cup? 3 T? what?

• n2healthy
    n2healthy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with craisins and crushed walnuts keeps me full and satisfied through the morning on a workday; on weekends I love a poached egg on toast + a small milk.
    I love so many of the shared ideas shared here! You've given me great inspiration to try other things like alp_19's "light protein packed breakfast", rbelfiore0262's idea of tossing egg beaters, cheese, and a sausage link in a wrap (genius!), allaboutthefood's avocado baked eggs or bell pepper baked eggs (cannot wait!), jesspettie's homemade breakfast burritos, and many more. I am taking notes. Thank you so much for the ideas! <3
  • aprilcummins
    aprilcummins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Favorite is 6 egg whites, 12oz of pressed green juice and half a grapefruit.
  • rcmajor
    rcmajor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love a 2-egg mushroom, onion & peppers omelet with a Morningstar griller pattie.
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I now have porridge with skimmed milk and a teaspoon of honey. I find that if I have honey from hives based near my home regularly I don't get hayfever when at home! Therefore I started to collect honey from places I visit so that I can use it in the run up to visiting that area again so I don't get hayfever when on holiday either! It may not work for some people but it works for me. Not only healthy oats, but feeling more healthy during the normal hayfever season - a huge change from sneezing 40 times before I even had breakfast. This year no sneezing at all even when the pollen count has been very high. (I already had honey from all places I visited).
  • kristinagac
    kristinagac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love a hot brekkie but with getting my kiddos off to school and working out before they wake up it can be hard to fit it in. I have been cutting the cook time of my oats by soaking them overnight. I usually take 35g old fashioned oats and 1/4 c almond milk (unsweetened ) and then add water to the volume I need to cover the oats. Toss in 90g frozen blueberries on the top and over night it in the fridge. I pop the whole thing into a micro wave safe bowl or cook on the stove top. I smoosh the berries as they cook. When it's done I will add 1/4 scoop of vanilla protein powder to give it a little sweetness (my berries were tart) it's about 235 cal. While the oats are cooking I eat a hard boiled egg (I boil a dozen at once so they are always handy for snacks or to put on salads...) it takes a total of about 7 minutes to make the oats. I am full for a very long time!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I have a new favorite! This morning I tried a Morningstar breakfast sandwich and it was SO GOOD. Becoming a pescetarian has been easy for me but I crave breakfast sausage a lot, and this tastes like REAL sausage even though its vegetarian.
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Plant Fusion Cookies N Cream protein shake made with unsweetened cashew milk.
  • ellenfleischman
    ellenfleischman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bran,yogurt,milk,fruit, nuts,water, & diet coke
  • sunnybremer
    sunnybremer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup quia 1 cup fruit 1/2 cup powder protein then 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    before mfp, I never ate breakfast & still didn't want to but i can make a shake: 1 cup frozen/fresh fruit. 1/2 c lite yogurt, 1 cup lite cashew or almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 c fresh spinach, blend in nutrabullit. sometimes i add 1/4 c oatmeal, chia seed
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    el Monterey breakfast burritos are super yummy too.
  • cxbush
    cxbush Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Goat's Milk Greek Yogurt with a banana, chia seeds, granola and a little local honey. Plus my one cup of coffee. Comes out to about 320 calories. I aim for about 1500 calories a day depending on my workout so this is spot on for me.

I love it because it is pretty well balanced and keeps me full through my workout without feeling like I'm going to explode.
  • SandraScala
    SandraScala Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs, half of a banana, and half a cup of oatmeal. Mix together add some salt, stevia, and cinnamon. Cook as you would a pancake. I cook mine in coconut oil whatever oil is left in the pan I use as syrup. Enjoy!
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My everyday breakfast is 2 eggs with 1/2 cup of Broccoli, 4 slices of lunch meat (dealers choice), now here is where it gets good add 1tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before cooking, just before flipping omelet cover it with chilli powder once finished top it with a low cal cheese (without cheese it is 245 cal). Now I know what you are thinking apple cider vinegar....... Chilli powder..... But those 2 ingredients increase your metabolism and help you burn more fat than you would without it. Btw if you are like me and want an even bigger boost then add mustard after making, don't believe me look the ingredients up for yourself and let me know what you think. Ps increasing your metabolism will make you hungry so be careful.