Fat bombs?

What's your favorite recipe? I haven't made any but I want to start making some.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I like the chocolate peanutbutter ones and the peppermint patty ones ...Pinterest.com has soooo many recipes
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    I made some this afternoon.

4 tbsp coconut oil
    4 tbsp butter
    4 tbsp dessicated coconut
    2 tbsp cocoa power
    Tiny pinch stevia

Made 20 and I've already polished off two ;)
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/chocolate-fat-bombs/

This is the recipe that I use that I found on Pinterest. I found a mini-whoopie pie pan at Walmart that works perfectly. Also seen them at Michaels. I either use sugar free organic peanut butter or I make my own in the food processor. And I use liquid stevia instead of powder, a couple squirts. You can taste it before you mold it to see if it suits your taste. I place my pan in the freezer to chill the pan before I pour the "batter" in the pan so I can get a bit of a soft set before placing in freezer. MAKE SURE IT IS LEVEL IN THE FREEZER or you will have chocolate packages of chicken lol. (Not that I would know haha) This recipe makes 24 and there just happen to be 24 slots in my pan. ;)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I love fat bombs. I've been sweetening them with powdered erythritol, a little splenda, and some inulin that I had around that turns them into soluble fiber bombs. The stevia aftertaste is too strong for me.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I attempted a fat bomb recipe way back in the beginning. They went in the garbage! I couldn't like the taste! I ended up making some cream cheese bombs (added shredded cheese to cream cheese) a few times, that seemed to fit the macros. But these were my own making, not a formal recipe.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I find that I end up with the same trouble with sweetened fat bombs that I had with sugar before Keto. They taste good and then I just want to eat multiples, multiple times a day! The recipes I've seen or tried are anywhere from 2-6 carbs per serving, but the serving is just a little thing. Well, I tend to want to eat too many, so that 3 carb fat bomb turns into a 15 carb, 600 calorie treat and wrecks my whole day.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    ^^^ this

i find it easier to get my fat in by adding coconut oil to my tea & using mayo & butter

fat bombs are just too tempting unless i allow my self to eat the entire batch i make- so i make small batches when i want some
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/

These are my favourites. But if you have poor willpower like me, they may not be the best thing lol I found it impossible to limit myself to 1 or 2 a day, I made 12 and they lasted a whole 2 days :confounded:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    fludderbye wrote: »
    ^^^ this

i find it easier to get my fat in by adding coconut oil to my tea & using mayo & butter

fat bombs are just too tempting unless i allow my self to eat the entire batch i make- so i make small batches when i want some

Yep! It's really not hard to get enough fat if you're cooking with butter and coconut oil and topping veggies and meats with butter or butter and cream sauces and using full fat condiments on sliced meats and stuff. And it's even easier if you add Keto coffee or tea or broth, to your routine.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    I use them at work to tide me over til I can eat. Working on an ambulance, some days we are wide open and it's hard to sit down and eat. So I just grab one on the go until I can sit and eat my food. I really don't use them to get my fat in as I make sure that my regular meals have enough fat for my day. I normally don't eat them at home. Too many other LCHF goodies to be had at home.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    The stevia after taste ruined the first batch for me. I made the second batch with splenda and they were better.
    I hate that I've lost my taste for coconut oil though; I want to keep experimenting to see if I can find a fat bomb recipe that I can stomach because I liked having them handy.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I just bought a jar of stevia, which I'm too scared to use because of the "aftertaste reviews" I keep seeing...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    I just bought a jar of stevia, which I'm too scared to use because of the "aftertaste reviews" I keep seeing...

Try making things with part stevia and part some other sweetener. I think it can be a matter of getting used to the flavor over time also. Sometimes I'll make iced tea and I tried just using stevia once and it wasn't very good. It was bad actually. Then, I just tried less stevia for less sweet tea, that was just ok. Then I did a mix of either Splenda or even a fruit flavored Davinci syrup and stevia and that is perfect. I've slowly reduced the total sweetness over time also, so that I need less sweetener in general and still find the tea to be good.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    i like the flavored stevia coconut & vanilla creme are my fav

no after taste
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member

I tried Stevia and didn't like it.

Try, "Just Like Sugar" (inulin) and/or Monkfruit.

Inulin is a "prebiotic" ~ which feeds the probiotics in your gut. I use that moreso. Monkfruit tastes wonderful. You can get at Walmart.

For the original poster:

Putting Chocolate Back Together Recipe
    Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)
    Raspberry Fat Bombs
    Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs
    Chocolate Nut Bars ~ Fat Bombs
    Cocoa Butter @ www.bulkapothecary.com
    Cocoa Dusted Nuts Recipe

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/chocolate-fat-bombs/

This is the recipe that I use that I found on Pinterest. I found a mini-whoopie pie pan at Walmart that works perfectly. Also seen them at Michaels. I either use sugar free organic peanut butter or I make my own in the food processor. And I use liquid stevia instead of powder, a couple squirts. You can taste it before you mold it to see if it suits your taste. I place my pan in the freezer to chill the pan before I pour the "batter" in the pan so I can get a bit of a soft set before placing in freezer. MAKE SURE IT IS LEVEL IN THE FREEZER or you will have chocolate packages of chicken lol. (Not that I would know haha) This recipe makes 24 and there just happen to be 24 slots in my pan. ;)

I'm so totally making these tonight. thank you for sharing!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    @dittodan, thanks for the suggestion on the monk fruit, I haven't tried that yet but think I will now. I'm not a fan of the metallic taste I get from stevia
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited January 2016
    DittoDan wrote: »

I tried Stevia and didn't like it.

Try, "Just Like Sugar" (inulin) and/or Monkfruit.

Inulin is a "prebiotic" ~ which feeds the probiotics in your gut. I use that moreso. Monkfruit tastes wonderful. You can get at Walmart.

For the original poster:

Putting Chocolate Back Together Recipe
    Almond Joy Wanna Be's (fat bomb recipe)
    Raspberry Fat Bombs
    Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs
    Chocolate Nut Bars ~ Fat Bombs
    Cocoa Butter @ www.bulkapothecary.com
    Cocoa Dusted Nuts Recipe

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program

I originally bought inulin as a prebiotic/soluble fiber supplement, and noticed that it made my coffee a bit sweet. It combines well with erythritol (a no calorie alcohol sugar) and seems to help the erythritol dissolve better. It might not be a problem for everyone, but I have to limit my inulin to one teaspoon a day, or it upsets my stomach.

Thanks for the fat bomb recipes, @DittoDan.