Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    All of you are doing great <3
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are still doing your workouts is what really matters. Great job Jackie0Marie
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Yesterday's workout but just now posting it.
    Week 14
    Routine: Workout B

Deadlift
    Set 1: 105 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 105 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 105 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 105 lbs × 6

Lat Pulldown
    Set 1: 50 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 50 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 50 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 50 lbs × 6
    I lowered the weight on this because I really need to invest in the Low Pulley so that the exercise feels like it should and not so awkward.

Shoulder Press
    Set 1: 46.1 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 46.1 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 46.1 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 46.1 lbs × 6
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Workout B
    Deadlift 90 lbs x 9 reps (3 sets)
    Pullups - did negatives and band assisted pullups
    OHP 37.5 lbs x 8 reps (3 sets)
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Sixpacklady, how are the assisted pull ups working for you? I watched some YouTube videos last night to see if I want to replace Lat Pulldowns with this exercise when I start the next 16 weeks.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week 14
    Routine: Workout A

Squat
    Set 1: 82.2 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Bench Press
    Set 1: 61.1 lbs × 6, 6, 6, 5

Bent Over Row
    Set 1: 61.1 lbs × 6 (4 sets)
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Sixpacklady, how are the assisted pull ups working for you? I watched some YouTube videos last night to see if I want to replace Lat Pulldowns with this exercise when I start the next 16 weeks.

It is going well, able to do maybe 3-4 before my wrists start to hurt. So I do a mix of negatives and band assisted pullups. Still feel like I have to go a long way before I can do 1 real pullup.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    It is going well, able to do maybe 3-4 before my wrists start to hurt. So I do a mix of negatives and band assisted pullups. Still feel like I have to go a long way before I can do 1 real pullup.

One more question, do you do them before OHP? I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do OHP after doing them. But I believe that's the order of the exercises in the program that we are doing.

• sixpacklady
    Options

One more question, do you do them before OHP? I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do OHP after doing them. But I believe that's the order of the exercises in the program that we are doing.

Good question. I do it after OHP because my shoulders and wrists are pretty much useless after the pullups.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    I know it would be the same for me so I will plan to reverse the order as well. I am learning to trust myself just as I did by changing to 4x6. I am still getting good results. Thanks Sixpacklady!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello, Hello! I'm back from Amsterdam and it was a wonderfully tiring trip with a lot of walking, sightseeing, eating, and drinking. Now I'm back and ready to start anew. I've restarted the IF 16:8. So far I feel pretty good with my coffee and still have a couple of hours before lunch time.

My activity started yesterday with the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile race. I hadn't ran in over 10 days so I was pretty hesitant to attend but I ended up going. On top of that, we had cold and blustery conditions with 30+ mph winds which I'm not used to. At least it didn't rain. I managed a respectable 10 min. mile but was hoping for better results. I'm thinking the high head-on winds slowed me down.

SL will begin again today with major deloading in the plans. April 16 for our 16 week workout is still on, correct?

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Welcome back dcresider. So glad you had a good time in Amsterdam. That race sounds like it was pretty tough as I hate running against the wind.

We are definitely still on for April 16th with another 16 week round. Would love to know how the deloaded feels for you.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Yesterday's workout
    Week 15
    Routine: Workout B

Deadlift
    107.2 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Lat Pulldown
    50 lbs × 6 (4 sets)

Shoulder Press
    47.2 lbs × 4, 4, 4, 3
    Notes: Failed miserably after increasing only by 1.1 pound. But will keep trying until I can do 6 reps for each set.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Yesterday's Workout

Barbell Squat 60 lbs x 8
    Bench Press 47.5 lbs x 8
    DB Single Arm Row 22.5 lbs x 8

Welcome back @dcresider !!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Barbell Squat 60 lbs x 8

Still so impress that you can do 8 at this weight.
  • dcresider
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi ladies. This is yesterday's SL workout:

Squats: 5x5 @ 85lbs. I hadn't done squats in a long time but these felt good and had good deep form.
    Overhead Press: 5x5 @ 45 lbs. Deloaded by 5 lbs. and it was pretty easy.
    Deadlifts: 1x5 @115 lbs. No problems here either.
    Assisted pullups: 3x8 @ level 13. Felt fine. I will go to level 12 next time.

I don't feel sore today so that's a good sign. My plan this week is to stick with SL and keep the squats at the same weight but increase on a weekly basis. My legs have always been pretty strong and in my opinion I feel they are too bulky so I don't want to overdo it. (I can remember lifting 145 lbs. last summer doing squats. That's the highest weight I've ever lifted).
  • DDHFree
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Hi ladies. This is yesterday's SL workout:

Squats: 5x5 @ 85lbs. I hadn't done squats in a long time but these felt good and had good deep form.
    Overhead Press: 5x5 @ 45 lbs. Deloaded by 5 lbs. and it was pretty easy.
    Deadlifts: 1x5 @115 lbs. No problems here either.
    Assisted pullups: 3x8 @ level 13. Felt fine. I will go to level 12 next time.

I don't feel sore today so that's a good sign. My plan this week is to stick with SL and keep the squats at the same weight but increase on a weekly basis. My legs have always been pretty strong and in my opinion I feel they are too bulky so I don't want to overdo it. (I can remember lifting 145 lbs. last summer doing squats. That's the highest weight I've ever lifted).

Wow, I love getting a feel for how lifters respond when they've had a little time off. You responded really well.

Can you guys recommend the best approach and/or apparatuses to buy for assisted pull ups? I am seriously considering switching from Lat Pull downs to this exercise for the next 16 weeks.
  • dcresider
    Options
    DDHFree - I can't help you out with regards to the assisted pull-ups since I use the machine at work. This is what our machine looks like and you can use it for assisted dips too. Hope this helps:

lulvm5a0mdj9.jpg
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Barbell Squat 60 lbs x 8

Still so impress that you can do 8 at this weight.

I am feeling the DOMS pretty bad, but it felt good to challenge myself.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Dcresider, not sure why I assumed you workout at home. LOL! I will do a search on the site and see what the consensus is on the bands and what-nots.