• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    May I join in?

My stats:
    1. Beginner /Intermediate
    2. 5'1.5" tall
    3. Weight 141 lbs
    4. Goals : To gain some muscle, lose fat and inches.
    5. Program: SL, but am also training for a half marathon which doesn't help with SL

I just got from a 2 week vacation and had no access to weights so I've had to deload big time. At one point I was Squatting up 155 lbs, Bench press: 90lbs, Rows: 90lbs, deadlift:180 lbs, Overhead Press: 60 lbs.

Today's workout
    Cardio/Run: - 5 miles
    SL: no squats; bench: 5X8@55lbs; rows: 5x8@55lbs. - Felt pretty easy but didn't want to push too hard since coming back to it.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Workout B
    Deadlift 75 lbs
    Pullups
    OHP 33lbs
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    May I join in?

My stats:
    1. Beginner /Intermediate
    2. 5'1.5" tall
    3. Weight 141 lbs
    4. Goals : To gain some muscle, lose fat and inches.
    5. Program: SL, but am also training for a half marathon which doesn't help with SL

I just got from a 2 week vacation and had no access to weights so I've had to deload big time. At one point I was Squatting up 155 lbs, Bench press: 90lbs, Rows: 90lbs, deadlift:180 lbs, Overhead Press: 60 lbs.

Today's workout
    Cardio/Run: - 5 miles
    SL: no squats; bench: 5X8@55lbs; rows: 5x8@55lbs. - Felt pretty easy but didn't want to push too hard since coming back to it.

Welcome to the group dcresider!

Very impressive lifts!!
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Isca_1 wrote: »
    Joining if you don't mind :D I started New Rules in Aug after sitting on my butt for 10 years. Loved it! Mostly just the lifting part. I stopped in Dec and started Stronglifts (way too many lunges for this old woman and knees started hurting). Love, love, love stronglifts!

Started Dec 19 and doing 3 days a week faithfully. Here are the stats so far(just going to show the last two days for all the workouts):

Jan 31
    Squat 165 pds (missed number 5 on the 5th set)
    Bench 65 pds 5x5
    Row 105 pds 5x5

Feb 2
    Squat 165 pds 5x5 (yay!!)
    OHP 60 pds 5x5
    DL 145 pds 1x5

I have to say I feel like a total bad a@@ lifting. I wish I had found lifting 20 years ago! I haven't really lost in pounds, but I have lost a ton in inches, and starting to see some definition. I also have found that during my period I feel a lot weaker lifting, and much hungrier (missed squat on the 31st). Then right after, I feel very strong.

Welcome to the party Isca_1!

You really are a badass :)
  • JesmineDNCS
    JesmineDNCS Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome Isca_1 and dcresider. Those lifts are very bad a@@ and motivating!
    Thanks to everyone else for the motivating & encouraging words!

I was a bit disappointed that my weight had only decreased from 72kg to 71.5 in the last 40 days. But I measured my waist and it has gone from 36" to 34" :smile:
    I've just taken measurements all over for a better point of comparison.

Yesterday's lifts:
    SQ: 50kg
    5x5

BP: 27.5kg
    5x5 - was so excited I got this, I failed last time and had to do the 'roll of shame', but it was great this week, heavy but great!

Barbell Row:35kg
    5,4,4,3,3 - still struggling here, but got more reps overall and form was much better.

Keep on lifting y'all!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Isca_1 wrote: »
    I have to say I feel like a total bad a@@ lifting. I wish I had found lifting 20 years ago!

EXACTLY how I felt!!!
    Welcome @Isca_1 & @dcresider!!!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    Keep going ladies! And don't be afraid to join in on the monthly goals, or workout reporting threads too - even if you don't want to duplicate reporting your own workouts, you can always ask questions on form or whatever, and the good people will be happy to give you the benefit of their experience. I've found it invaluable - I only started 5x5 SL in October and now am up to squatting 150lbs already - with a huge amount of support from people posting in this group.

In the meantime, you're doing great!!

Wow! 150 lbs and just since October!!! Damn impressive!!! <3
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am really excited to keep adding weights and push myself. I do find that I am more intimidated in my own mind about the weights. I am trying to think more about form then the actual weight that is on the bar. Hard to do.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hello all my fellow lifters.

Welcome Isca_1 and dcresider.

Isca_1, you are definitely a bad a@@ in my book. I look forward to being where you are someday.

JsemineDNCS, you are on a roll! I can’t wait to see how the rows feel for me tomorrow morning when I deload.

Great work mustb60.

My apologies if I missed anyone.
  • sixpacklady
    edited February 2016
    Options
    4 week checkpoint

Weight 128 lb ->125 lb (-3) - Back to my pre holiday weight.
    Tummy 35" - No change, my toughest spot
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    raooyrsjek0w.jpg
    This is hard. I am dying every workout
  • DDHFree
    Options
    4 week checkpoint

Weight 128 lb ->125 lb (-3) - Back to my pre holiday weight.
    Tummy 35" - No change, my toughest spot

Wow sixpacklady, you are "solid" in the 120's. I am so jealous but in a healthy way. Great work and so motivating! Keep going and don't look back!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    This is hard. I am dying every workout

Happymom you are kicking butt. How on earth do you OHP that much weight?
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week 6

Routine: Workout A
    Squat
    Set 1: 80 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 80 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 80 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 80 lbs × 6

Bench Press
    Set 1: 57.2 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 57.2 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 57.2 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 57.2 lbs × 4
    Notes: Hit failure after 4th rep on the last set. I was so disappointed because it means that I can't increase the next time. But that disappointment was short lived when I thought about how tough it was for me.

Bent Over Row
    Set 1: 60 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 60 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 60 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 60 lbs × 6
    Notes: Deloaded from 67.2 to 60 lbs in order to improve my form. I definitely had much better form this time and felt better overall.

Overall assessment: This was my toughest workout yet. I was wondering why people talk about sweating or more hungry, etc since the workouts seemed relatively quick and not too painful. Well, today's lifting is starting to change my mind. It was tough squatting 80 lbs for 4 sets. I found myself thinking so glad I am not squatting everyday. Also, I was having to recover in terms of catching my breath. That's also a first for me. I guess I have sincerely reached the point of Heavy Lifting for Me.

I was wondering if this is as tough as it will get. I mean, if you are getting stronger than shouldn't it feel like relatively the same level of toughness each workout? LOL! But I still love it!
  • sixpacklady
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Workout A
    Barbell Squat 48 lbs x 8
    Bench Press 38 lbs x 10
    DB Single Arm Row 20 lbs x 8
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Week 6

Routine: Workout A
    Squat
    Set 1: 80 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 80 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 80 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 80 lbs × 6

Bench Press
    Set 1: 57.2 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 57.2 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 57.2 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 57.2 lbs × 4
    Notes: Hit failure after 4th rep on the last set. I was so disappointed because it means that I can't increase the next time. But that disappointment was short lived when I thought about how tough it was for me.

Bent Over Row
    Set 1: 60 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 60 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 60 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 60 lbs × 6
    Notes: Deloaded from 67.2 to 60 lbs in order to improve my form. I definitely had much better form this time and felt better overall.

Overall assessment: This was my toughest workout yet. I was wondering why people talk about sweating or more hungry, etc since the workouts seemed relatively quick and not too painful. Well, today's lifting is starting to change my mind. It was tough squatting 80 lbs for 4 sets. I found myself thinking so glad I am not squatting everyday. Also, I was having to recover in terms of catching my breath. That's also a first for me. I guess I have sincerely reached the point of Heavy Lifting for Me.

I was wondering if this is as tough as it will get. I mean, if you are getting stronger than shouldn't it feel like relatively the same level of toughness each workout? LOL! But I still love it!

You do kill it everytime DDHFree!!

And great job deloading to get the correct form.
  • mustb60
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Week 6[/

Today I was thinking the same thought during my lifting session. I admire and get inspired by reading everyone's post here!
  • mustb60
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Today's lifting session:
    02/05/16

Squats 70.5 lbs 5X5

Bench Press 59.5 lbs 5X5

Barbell Row 66 lbs 5X5

Decided to not increase any weight today to take it forward bit slowly.

Machine workouts:

Lat. Pull down 33 lbs 10X3
    Triceps Pull down 33 lbs 10X1
    Shoulder press 33 lbs 10X3
    Leg extension 33 lbs 10X3
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    DDHFree - Thanks for the nice words. I have a lot of way to go in the shedding of the pounds, maybe the excess weight helps me lift more, I dunno.

I feel you on this one. Today was h.a.r.d. I don't know if it's the hormone thing, how heavy the weight was but...it was rough. And I too, am still loving it!

So today was:

Squat 170lbs 5x5 (was very shaky at the end)
    Bench 70 lbs 5x5
    Row 115lbs and I bailed on this on the 3rd set, horrible form and shaky

I am curious as I am looking at the happymom221 shot of the stronglifts. My deadlift only goes up by 5 pds each session. I wonder why? Weird..

Mustbe60 - nice job today!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Isca_1 I just cannot fathom squatting, pressing, and rowing the amount of weight that you are doing. But I am looking forward to trying.