OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Patti, fingers crossed for your mom. Also, your TRX instructor must be insane!

Diane, you're taking to retirement like a duck to water - just as I thought.

Been up since 8 and winding down here. Ate more today and not guilty. Stomach is still a bit wonky but a week of under 800 (s Brel days way under) is enough. Need to keep my body awake.

See you all tomorrow!

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is haircut day. I certainly hope my hairdresser doesn't curl my hair as much as she did last month! Breakfast is tracked! It was so nice going to the gym yesterday. I lifted weights and also did the recumbant (sp?) bike.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    I woke up feeling nice and empty today- we had breakfast for dinner and I measured the maple syrup to two tablespoons- its real and from my dad's so i just love the stuff. Ate on plan.
    I went to the grocery store and deliberately walked up and down all the aisles to get extra steps in- now the funny part. I was holding onto the cart so non of them got recorded the fitbit was on my wrist yesterday. So i was doing extra steps in the kitchen to hit my goal of 5k- not a lot but double what i had been doing.
    The Fitbreak are one minute mini exercises like arms circles 30 seconds forward and 30 seconds back. Butt clenches. Arm curls etc. You do each one for 60 seconds. Doing 10 = one point in WW. There are a bunch of them and I'm sure there must be an app out there in IT world for them besides WW- I can do a lot of them sitting down- a few I stand up to do holding onto my chair. I try to do two each hour in the office and at first I thought these are easy- but today I have some minor muscle soreness so I know I've chosen some good ones for me.
    I lost track of time and need to get busy so I'll catch up with personals later.
    Hugs to all
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Good for you, Cindy! Small actions add up.

Bert, hope you love your hair. Recumbent bikes are good for bad knees.

Cold moving out v-e-r-y slowly. But so much better than Monday. Wearing my panda pj pants, because I can. Had protein drink for breakfast and taking it easy.

Later!
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nice lunch with the girls. We never seem to run out of things to talk about. I had breakfast tacos, very little meat, no cheese, scrambled eggs and small slice of avocado. Tasty but expensive and doubt I will eat there again. They want to go to Chinese buffet next Wed. I will have to be very, very careful there, lol.

Janet, nice to hear you are slowly getting better. And yes, my TRX instructor is a bit insane, lol. She is still in a walking boot and did nearly all the moves with us, except the right leg only moves. It was nice to have her back. She plays better music and is less of a drill Sargent than her husband.

Cindy, it is amazing how little it takes to see and feel the benefits. Good job.

Waving to the rest and hoping Karla returns to the fold soon.

Time to think about going to work.
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    Options
    At the moment I'm very hungry- I just ate some Dannon Greek blueberry yogurt and 2 tablespoons of granola- very tasty but I think the hole is too big. More water is in order.
    Just needed to share- lol not that you can do anything.
    Had a great and filling lunch- and spaced it over over 90 minutes. Tomorrow I'll think of something more to eat at lunch.
    Caio bella's
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Just a late check in here. I was busy running around today. Had to take my car for some warranty service then pick it up this afternoon, had a medical appointment and got my hair cut, went to Sams for a few things. I had a whole sandwich and pretzels for lunch and that totally blew my day but I was hungry. I tried not to let it derail my entire day even though I knew I was going over.

Waving hi to all but no personals today.

Do you have a plan for the super bowl?
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone-
    Again woke up hungry but forget to weigh myself- I started on WW one week ago today but my real WI day is Tuesday- a hold over from before so I'll check then.
    I'm prepared for Saturday where hopefully I get a pitch session with an editor from Wild Rose Press. I've got fingers and toes crossed that I get this 10 minutes. It would slow down the release of book 6, Fall with Me but be a potential boost to my writing career. So think good thoughts please...
    I asked Rick what he wanted to do for SB- if he had any particular he'd like to eat- since I didn't get a response I'll cook a nice dinner and maybe a fun dessert- we're currently in a down slide. He knows it- but seems helpless to stop. I've realized there is nothing I can do for him, other than offer support. He told me he's never going to recover. I'll talk to my therapist about it next week.
    Janet- how are you feeling? Is the tummy better or still a little wonky?
    Patti- Lunch with your friends is an added bonus to your day. How is Suzie?
    Diane- yesterday is a memory you can change what is yet to come. Today, you'll rock your plan.
    Suzi- I saw the pics on FB of Elias- so darn cute. How are you doing on WW? Did you see Fit break app?
    Karla- hope you're ok. I'm thinking of you
    Bert- are you doing containers or just weighing and measuring? I use some of the containers now for condiments to keep them in check. How did your hair turn out?
    MaryLynn- big wave
    need to run-
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Breakfast is tracked! I added Jif Peanut Powder to my GNC shake, and it tastes great! Today I have a visit. I'm looking forward to it.

Cindy: I'm tracking on MFP and also using the 21 Day Fix containers. I'm not good at weighing (unless it's me on the scale! :open_mouth: ). My hairdresser did a nice job, but got a little carried away with the curling when she started talking about her divorce procedure! It looked better yesterday than the last time!

Janet: My knees (especially the one with the torn menisucs) were very sore yesterday. My left hip was so sore to the touch. I'm attributing part of it to my gym workout. I'm going to do the recumbent bike again. That's what my neurosurgeon said I could do after my surgery as it doesn't aggravate the back too much. The bike is making sounds, so I doubt it if too many people use it. They only have one in the whole gym. Most bikes are spin bikes.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• JP_in_KY
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi, all. Tummy's a little better and I plan to feed it small amounts regularly today. Cold slowly going away - should've lost five pounds just from the stuff that's been exiting my body! No scale for me until I can stand up, so hoping to drop ten pounds in three months.

I'll be here for Super Bowl (go, Pats!!!!!) and will have whatever fun snacks I can rustle up and might indulge a bit. It'll be limited because I can't shop, which is probably a good thing! Might order Chinese food in (Patti, Asian food is my favorite - enjoy the Chinese for me next week).

Cindy, so sorry Rick is sliding down and there truly is nothing you can do to reverse it. You are so strong to be a caring spouse. Take care of YOU - that's the important thing - and I am sending all good thoughts and vibes for Wild Rose! Wait until Tuesday for WI - no harm done and a good representation of your renewed efforts.

Diane, you reined yourself back in after an indulgent lunch - don't look back. Good for you!

Bert, you're a good listener - glad you're not fully poodled this time. Take care of those achy joints. The recumbent is better for you, despite the noise.

Watching the recent season of "Sherlock" today and after my head clears I will catch "The Crown," "Victoria" and the PBS thing on Henry VIII's wives. Recorded the new "Ghostbusters" the other night too. Need to immerse myself for diversion and in between I scooter around the house. Party!!!!!

p.s. for my steptracking friends - check out today's Argyle Sweater cartoon: http://www.gocomics.com/theargylesweater

• EniadS
    Options
    Hello all - definitely motivated to stay on plan today. Tomorrow is official WI and this morning I am up half a pound, so at least want to be where I was last week by tomorrow am. I talked to some of the ladies in the Body Weights class this morning. One thing I am finding so far in retirement is that I don't interact with many people other than family during the day, and I miss that. So stepping outside my comfort zone to try to talk to people I don't know.

I got my free Blue Apron box yesterday and it definitely isn't going to work while I am cooking for three, so I cancelled it. I have plans how to modify the meals so we can use the three meals I already got. For example, one is sunchoke and kale pasta - I will use that as a side and add sauteed chicken as the main for the three of us. Black bean and chicken enchiladas - I have some extra burrito wraps and will add some extra chicken so there are three portions. Etc. I also checked calories on two of the meals and they are high! So probably not a good plan for us anyway.

Today's organizing task is my closet. Trying to decide how many nicer, "work" clothes to keep and how many to ditch. A friend told me she turned all her hangers around (backwards on the rod) on January 1, and anything that was still backwards the following January 1 got tossed. A unique idea I might try, though this year if we get away traveling will hardly be representative. Also I have two sizes of stuff right now, and I don't want to get rid of the size 12s I am working to get back to! Decisions, decisions.
  • EniadS
    Options
    Janet, glad the tummy is better. I think you need to indulge just a bit for SB after the last two weeks! I loved the cartoon.

Cindy, so sorry for what is going on with you and Rick. Not much anyone can do for you but empathize. Good luck on Saturday - hope you get the chance you are seeking!

Bert, hope the gym doesn't aggravate your knee any more. Sometimes I think it is worth paying for a personal trainer session just to customize things for you, to make sure you are adjusting everything right for your body size and strength.

Patti, I hope the clients at work last night were the friendly ones and not the nasty ones. Chinese buffet can certainly be full of pitfalls! I found an article, I think it was on the MFP site, about what to eat and what to avoid when eating Chinese. I'll see if I can find it and post the link. Thanks for the update about your mom - I didn't know. I know my mom treasures her little bit of independence that being able to drive gives her.

Waving to all the rest, and holding Karla especially close in my prayers for her family issues.
  • EniadS
    Options
    Here's the link to what to choose when eating Chinese for lighter options: (It is a MFP blog post)
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/8-healthier-chinese-takeout-favorites/
  • luzingg
    Options
    It's certainly a beautiful day in my neighborhood. Mom's vision is now 20/40. It was 20/70 last month. There is no more swelling or hemorrhaging in the eye and she doesn't have to go back for 2 months! They gave her an eye grid, basically grid paper with a large X, that she is to look at each day as a way to gauge if there is any recurrence of the problem. She can now go and get her eyes tested and get new glasses. She is over the moon with joy, as am I. Hard to believe that 5 months ago she was nearly blind. Doing chores around the house with a song in my heart today.

Janet, so happy to hear you are feeling better. I loved the new Ghostbusters. Let us know what you think. Sorry, but will be rooting for the Falcons on Sunday, loved the cartoon. I went to Zumba last week and when I realized I didn't have my Fitbit on I told the instructor I had to leave if it wasn't going to count.

Bert, just listen to your body and don't push too hard.

Diane, you are a bundle of energy and info. Thanks for the link. After pasta, Chinese is my favorite food. I skip the rice, like it fried but can totally live without it. It is a buffet and that is always scary for me. Too many temptations. I have made some wonderful friends at the gym. I don't socialize with them outside of the gym but they are now a part of my tribe. I enjoy the social interaction as much as the class, actually keeps me from skipping when I am not in the mood to workout.

Cindy, keeping everything crossed for you to get that presentation time, even if it means I have to wait longer for the next book. Feel sad for your situation with Rick and his current downward slide, but I have faith that you are taking care of you. I know it cannot be easy but we are here for you. Glad you have a therapist you obviously trust.

Suzi, hoping you are well enough to enjoy the lake.

Karla, you remain in my prayers.

Hello to Mary Lynn and Myra

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Patti, grinning ear to ear for your mom! You can have a lovely outing to get her refracted and get pretty new glasses. My mom had one of those charts too.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I am dealing with my new reality as my therapist is having me call it. Yes, I am seeing a therapist to help me cope. I see her again tomorrow. I'm sorry I have kept you all so worried. I am trying to take care of me, which is very important.

Diane- I am so very glad you are back on the board. I have read he board daily and have so much enjoyed reading your posts. You sound so very happy. I did the same thing when I first left the hospital in 2008. I went through every closet in the house. It is a good thing that you are beginning to talk to other ladies. Maybe you will make a new workout friend like Patti has. I don't know what I would do without my girlfriends. I sorely miss the two that have passed away. I think of them daily.

Today is the first day, since before Christmas, that I have been home at the house by myself. I must say, it has felt nice. I finished watching a Hallmark movie, paid the last payment on our April Cruise, and printed our luggage and boarding passes. Saturday, Glenn and I are going to a Mardi Gras Ball/party I is not with a ball gown or tails, it's kind of low key, but FUN, and over in Mississippi. I'm really trying to get my life back going. We also have a reservation at a hotel, so we are making a weekend out of it. We both need it.

I have my yearly GYN check-up shortly, so I need to get in the shower. I am going shopping for a new dress to wear to this party. I will check in daily from now on. I have missed you ladies.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Karla, SO happy to see you truly back home with us! Glad you have some fun planned - hope you find a dress that makes you feel like a queen. I sure don't miss the gyn checkups (everything got yanked, including the cervix so that was a beneficial side effect).

Have eaten a bit more and have gotten my protein in for the day already. So if I want something later it might be carrots & bleck-bean hummus or maybe popcorn. Didn't sleep great last night so we'll see. Watched all three final episodes of "Sherlock" and very glad I did it during the day because stuff that dark tends to stick with me too much.

It's not easy to get comfortable yet but I keep trying different strategies. Just felt like checking in to wish y'all a most excellent evening.
  • cindyr619
    Options
    I GOT THE PITCH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So excited and I got feedback on my pitch from another writer- I need to make it less formal and more conversational. Guess its not really a job interview.
    LOL
    Back tomorrow.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Karla, welcome back. I know retail therapy is good for your soul, that and your therapist seem to be helping you move in a positive direction. Hope your up coming events also help put some sunshine in your soul.

Cindy, I am super excited for you. The advice sounds great. Just talk as if you are Carrie, she is so wise and is the heart of her family. Be Lucinda! Wish I could be there to hear your pitch. If it helps, pretend we are all there.

Janet, you are definitely sounding more like yourself. Hope the healing continues and you get more rest.

I am still on cloud nine here and hoping Mom might be able to drive a bit come spring.

Things are all lining up for us to take our trip to Florida the end of April. Son will watch the dog and my sis will be at mom's beck and call, not that she asks for or needs much.

Until tomorrow
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Cindy - wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! So happy for you. Walk them through London & let your passion for your characters show. Charm them as you have us.

Patti, glad your trip is firmed up!

Going to try for more sleep here - going to wash my hair today (in kitchen sink, while using knee scooter - awkward bit doable). Hoping I can have a real (seated) shower after I see doc next Thursday.

Just wanted to start the day among friends.