• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
  • KarlaLM58
  • KarlaLM58
  • KarlaLM58
    Just some more Mardi Gras pictres to start our Joe Cain day procession!!!!!!!!

Let the Good Times Roll!!

Off to the shower

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    above link is a Mardi Gras umbrella parade with music...lol
    can you tell I am in the mood???

• KarlaLM58
    For my next report, I took my measurements this morning. I have lost 11 inches since January 4th. 4 inches of my breast, 3 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my arms, 1 inch off my thighs and 2 inches off my hips. Thank you Lord. o:)
  • Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2016
    JP_in_KY wrote: »
    Beth, why are meetings always catered so carb-heavy? It's almost always what I call Guy Food. Whenever I had a chance to influence the order, I'd try to get at least some salad or veggies and fruit onto the table.

You and me both! I'm a vegetarian, too, and catered meals are tricky. I keep protein bars in my work bag and usually an apple, in case there isn't at least a side salad and veggies I can eat!

I'm surpringly on track this weekend. We had our last Christmas party (you read that right!). It was last night and I'm over the holidays now haha!

Cheers, new friends!

• Java_Mom115
    Karla, meant to say that's amazing...way to go! I struggle with taking measurements, and I'm not sure why. For some reason I just don't want to do it even though seeing progress is awesome, lol.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone! I keep losing posts so I'm reading your posts, promise. Just can't do a big reply at once without losing it (on my phone).
  • KarlaLM58
    Beth- My BFF from when we were 14, whom lives in Orlando, is a Vegetarian. She buys what I call fake meat. LOL. She's a sweetie. Loves animals and has six dogs, all of which sleep with her. Yep, you guessed it, she's single. After three bad marriages, she gave up. I love her to death. I just booked us three nights at Disney World. Izzy asks me every week will I take her back to Disney /world. So I succumbed!! lol Twist my arm, okay, that's enough. lol..

Off we go now..

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Beth, I resist measurements too. Just wanted you to know you're not alone. I remember being humiliated when the seamstress took measurements for the hideous dress I had to wear in my brother's wedding. The numbers and the commentary from my mother, who would not leave the room even when asked, did me in. I try to have at least 1-2 vegetarian days a week.

Karla, when do you go to Disney? Will you make it a surprise on the day of the trip? What fun you'll have -- will it be just you and Izzy or will Glenn go too? I haven't been to Disney World in 40+ years. Wish I could "give up" like your friend has. Good for her.

Enjoy Joe Cain Day. With family around, how can you not? Hope Jakob is feeling much better and can celebrate your local holiday too. Hope your Tuesday scale-hop shows what you saw today -- bet it will. You're on a roll and staying active with parades and such can't hurt. I had never heard of Joe Cain until I met you. For those who are curious, this gives you a bit of background:

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2016/02/why_joe_cain_day_for_50_years.html

The celebration looks like a blast, especially the Widows and Merry Mstresses. I have to say I was quite surprised that the whole celebration stems from moving a long-dead body! It's neat that Mobile has its own contribution to the Mardi Gras season, though I do hope the days of lampooning Native American culture are long over.

Yesterday I bought myself a little treat - my belated Christmas gift, plus the cats' 13th birthday, Valentine's Day and my upcoming birthday. My jeweler (owned by a really sweet couple) had some things at 50% off yesterday and I picked up a little ring of pave tiny champagne and white diamonds. It's on my hand right now.

Super Bowl Sunday is here and I love the whole deal. Staying in and will keep working on stuff around the house. Did a few things last night and just feel motivated to keep going. I want to streamline my wardrobe and possessions in a serious way and that takes a lot of work because I have a lot of stuff. Not sure yet what I'll tackle today but will think about it while reading the paper and having more coffee.

Have a great Super Sunday, all.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Hello everyone! I've been thinking of you all! I will have many posts to catch up on when i get the chance!

I just wanted to say that I WILL post new OMG's tomorrow morning, if someone has a change they'd like to make :)

please put your new OMG in ALL CAPS anytime.... i'll make notes, check for more on monday morning (i'm in the East AND go to bed early) and then post on both this thread and the other!

safe travels to all of you away from home!
    Myra
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited February 2016
    Myra -- PLEASE ADD TO MY GOAL. REVISED VERSION: NO EATING BEFORE 11 AM OR AFTER 9 PM. Thanks.

Just read this and it resonated with me, re how society treats fat women:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/07/opinion/sunday/yes-im-fat-its-ok-i-said-it.html

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    hi girls- very hectic weekend and getting ready for Super Bowl with spagetti and meat balls- all clean eating.
    Goal for this week- ONE MEAL CARB FREE_ SUCH AS POTATO PASTA BREAD ETC
    See you a bit later.
  • KarlaLM58
    Myra- Make my new goal NO EATING BEFORE 11a. Thank you gain for diligently assuming this duty. You are a sweetheart.

Janet- we had a blast today Seebthe cute pics on FB. Izzy was a doll all weekend. I meant to tell you I took a survey about metabolism And it recommended for me to wait to eat until 11a and nog eat after 8 too!! We are going to Orlanfo on September so Izzy and I can go to Disney when it is not so hot. I reserved a three bedroom condo so Snyder family that wants to come can join us. Yes, Glenn will come, but won't do the theme parks.!lil.

Cindy- we had meatballs today.

I better run. go Brono's!!!

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    God love auto correct and my non proof reading. Ha. No Symder family. I was saying any family that wanted to come. I asked my niece in Tampa already.

On our way home to finish watching the game.
    K
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    good morning OMG ladies! I took the liberty of (temporarily) eliminating a few folks we haven't heard from for quite a while. I can easily add them back in at any time:

ROSTER and OMGs
    Karlalm58 - Karla - AL(gulf coast)- NO EATING BEFORE 11AM
    Luzingg - Patti - OH - EAT 3 MEALS EVERY DAY WITH AT LEAST 400 CAL FOR MIDDLE MEAL
    Jp_in_Ky - Janet - KY - NO EATING BEFORE 11 AM OR AFTER 9 PM!
    Cindy619 - Cindy - MA - ONE MEAL CARB FREE_ SUCH AS POTATO PASTA BREAD ETC
    Smack59 - Suzi - OK - TRACK IT ALL!
    bertevans - Bert - IN - drink water, eat less
    Eniads- Diane - MD - NO FRIES! LOTS OF VEGGIES, AND TRACK EVERYTHING EVEN WHILE TRAVELING
    LCUConley - Lisa - ON - Track No Matter What
    68Myra - Myra - NC - TRACK IT!
    Blessed Beyond- Vikki - VA - workout 4 days a week, 4 days cardio, 3 days strength training; come in under calorie goal 5 days this week
    Xjsjaguar - MaryLynn - VI, BC - -CARDIO 90 min x 6 days, WEIGHT TRAINING 30 min x 4 days
    LivLovLrn - Jeanette - OR- LOG EVERYTHING I EAT
    tedwards - Tracy
    Java_Mom115 - Beth - MI -increase water intake, and workout 3 more times this week
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies and Happy Lundy Gras!! this is the day before Fat Tuesday. I am off tomorrow as most business are closed tomorrow, including all my client's offices. I will be getting some things done at home. It is a HUGE day of parades downtown tomorrow. Suzi is here and she will be down there watching her Jodi ride her float and going to her ball tomorrow afternoon. Small world as I was in that same organization for two years back in the late 90's. Can't wait to meet up with them later this week.

I clocked over 11k steps the last two days. I am planning on adding back in some dvd workouts this week. I am so pleased to have 3 inches off my waist since the first of January!!! I just want my face to slim down. If anyone wants to like me on Facebook, put your name on here for me as mine is kind of lengthy and I will send you a friend request. Many of us are on there and we have an OMG page too. That way you can see all my family pics and happenings. I also booked me another stay at the Wyndham resort on Panama City Beach for the Friday and Saturday night after Thanksgiving. I will be cooking at my father's house, God willing. We had a bad snafu over there last year and I WILL NOT let that happen again. The year before was a bad one too, with jail involved, but we won't go there..lol.... What can I say?????

What about those Bronco's???

TT: How is your journey going thus far for 2016? What changes are you willing to make to shake up your round to success? Can you make a tweak this week that will make a difference?

I'll check back before I head out. I have some desk work to do first.
    Karla
  • Java_Mom115
    Good morning! Please change my goal to: INCREASE WATER INTAKE, WORKOUT 6 TIMES (INCLUDING 2 DAYS STRENGTH).

Thanks! Running in the door to work....that was quite the game last night! :)
  • KarlaLM58
    The truth is the Super Bowl long ago became more than just a football game. It's part of our culture, like turkey at Thanksgiving and lights at Christmas, and like those holidays — beyond their meaning — a factor in our economy. Even people who don't like football tune in to watch the commercials. You can't say that about many things. ~Bob Schieffer, "More Than Just a Game," 2010 February 7th (Super Bowl XLIV)

TT#2 Which was your favorite or funniest commercial, which was the worst?

Karla