Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    That sounds good about now.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Fried eggs with meatloaf today. It was terrible, so I only had a couple bites. I asked my better half to save it and to maybe make some gravy to try with it tomorrow. Then I ate two doughnuts on the way in to work; maple glazed cinnamon rolls with bacon on top. . . *nom nom nom* Now the sugar is making me jittery. . . lol
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the culprit! High insulin = fat storage, no fat burn, and increased hunger. We gotta have it sometimes though but be careful!
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this OMAD thing and never thought about making breakfast the OMAD. I was just wondering how long you have been doing it and what types of food you eat?
  • M_Foote
    Options
    I'm new to this OMAD thing and never thought about making breakfast the OMAD. I was just wondering how long you have been doing it and what types of food you eat?

I've done it (breakfast) for most of both of my "successful" OMAD periods. It works for me, mainly because I don't wake up hungry and have to fight it all day. Instead, I usually get hungry about the time I start my pre-sleep routine which includes some deep thought and a hot beverage, so I don't "feel" the hunger as much. The main "hungry time" actually occurs while I sleep, so no loss there. I also sleep better empty than I do full.

Not for everyone, but it is consistently the best option for me. Lunch worked pretty good too, but I get tired of nuking leftovers for every meal pretty darn quick. . .

I eat everything: eggs, meats, rice, breads, veggies, etc. You can give any meal a "breakfast feel" by adding an egg or two to it. It helps that I love breakfast foods. . . Heck, I've even done a big salad or two. The biggest problem for a lot of people with breakfast is actually having the appetite to eat enough for an OMAD-size meal. You can eat a LOT of ham and eggs for 1100-1200 calories. . . I stay away from hash browns, but I still eat bacon. Life without bacon would be a much diminished experience for me.

316.0 this morning, down 1.6 pounds.

• Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information, very interesting. Nights have always been my weak time, that's why I'm hoping 3pm will work for me. Congrats on the loss, that's what I'm looking forward to.
  • M_Foote
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realize this had fallen so far behind! I have been flat, judging by my clothing. I forgot to weigh in on Friday. . .
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That's good news! Keep it going. Be careful with really big deficits. Has to be sustainable for consistancy.