Purple Team

Options

Replies

• wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday team. Well, it's Tuesday, but for me, not so happy! I'm dealing with a pukey child today and tons of stress at work this week! I'm doing okay with my eating so far, but exercise is a struggle for me to find time.

Hope everyone else is off to a good start!
  • janpuzzle31
    janpuzzle31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Had a very a very special and emotional day at work, this can be a danger time for me, so I am keeping busy, off to pilates tonight, which I don't think burns many calories, but is a great relaxer. Hope the poorly little one gets better soon Becky.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I wasn't a big team player yesterday and only managed to rack up 12 points. Those darn Girl Scout cookies will be the death of me.

I should be able to sweep the bonus exercise points weekly. This week is week one of my Run Disney 1/2 marathon training. I will be training five days a week with day 6 being my hockey day and one rest day.

Meal planning is key and I really need to get on that boat. If anyone does this, please share :)
  • wigal23
    Options
    Bj0223 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday! I wasn't a big team player yesterday and only managed to rack up 12 points. Those darn Girl Scout cookies will be the death of me.

I should be able to sweep the bonus exercise points weekly. This week is week one of my Run Disney 1/2 marathon training. I will be training five days a week with day 6 being my hockey day and one rest day.

Meal planning is key and I really need to get on that boat. If anyone does this, please share :)

Define meal planning.... :wink: We have certain days of the week that we have certain things (or types of meals) which takes some of the guesswork out. Of course I have very picky kids who are not on board with the healthy eating as much as I'd like, as you know. For example, I "cook" whenever possible on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, unless we have an event of some kind. Sundays I like to do a crock pot meal. Then Tuesday is frozen pizza night for the kids, and the hubs and I have been doing sandwiches or salads. Wednesday is "fast food" night, trying to select healthy options like Subway. Thursday is a "fend for yourself" day where we try to get rid of any leftovers. And Friday's are cheat dinner - usually pizza or a night out.
  • RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, Yesterday was definitely better for me, I used my free-bee sugary treat today but will hopefully forgo for the rest of the week. Tomorrow will be better!!
  • wigal23
    Options
    Everyone needs a sweet fix now and again! My day yesterday was good - even squeezed in 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm dealing with tons of stress today, here's to hoping I can pull out a half-way decent day!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Thanks. Day 1 was great! I got all the points. Then yesterday I went out for brunch with a friend, she ordered dessert. The rest is history! Today should be good, I plan on going to dance class tonight... need to sweat out the sweets!
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Meal planning is getting easier in my home, we too have a weekly schedule of types of meals and now that my children are grown up there are no picky eaters to cater for - hoorah! I have managed to get family members cooking and that saves me grazing in the kitchen as I prepare the meal. For me the key is having loads of veg, so that the meal is filling. We often cook enough for two nights and spice it up a bit for the second day.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    That's a good idea. I also try to have stackable veggies like cherry tomatoes and baby carrots. My husband doesn't like veggies but I've noticed if I chop them finely enough, he doesn't mind... haha! I'm sneaky like that!
  • wigal23
    Options
    You gotta sneak them in where you can! Speaking of which....does the lettuce and tomato on my chicken sandwich count as a veggie serving?
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    yes! why wouldn't it?
  • wigal23
    Options
    I don't know, I'm not very good at judging "servings" :smile:
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Wishing everyone a good healthy day today. Yesterday was pretty good for me, I got all the points. Just a little disappointed that I sat out and just stretched for the last 1/2 hr of my modern dance class last night due to an old foot issue (long story)... But I did do an hour and it's been a while since I'd been in this class so it felt good to be back. Today I'm hoping to make it to ballet.
    Anyone else feel obsessive about water? I feel like I have to have some near me at all times so I won't forget to drink!
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Thanks for the happy Thursday greetings. I had quite a good day, had some craving for chocolate after work but managed to content myself with a rice cake and cottage cheese - which avoided the slippery slope of the sugar rush!
  • wigal23
    Options
    Nice job on avoiding chocolate! I ate 2 cookies last night....whoops! Today I am craving sweets again but decided on a handful of nuts instead.

As for the water issue RedVelvette, I drink a ton throughout the day ordinarily so getting in 64 ounces is pretty easy for me. I generally always have a glass next to me also, even when I have a soda or juice next to me (or coffee, or beer!).
  • wigal23
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I hope everyone is feeling good today. I ate a gloriously delicious salad for lunch, which is perfect because tonight I'm planning on enjoying pizza. :smiley:

Please don't forget to send me over your point tally for the week by the end of the day Sunday.

GO PURPLE!!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Happy Friday! Sorry I was a bit MIA today, was in an all-day conference. My head is spinning! But, they served water throughout the day so I got that down. Also, a tray of brownies and cookies came out, and I thought, NO. I will not do it! I even asked that they move the tray because I could smell the sugar and chocolate... Then they brought a fruit tray. I ate an apple. No sugar today!! Win!
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    It's the weekend! I have decided to allow myself some wine tonight and maybe even some 70% dark chocolate! I always weigh on a Saturday morning and have lost 2lb this week, which feels very good as I have been struggling since Christmas. Thank you Jen for starting this challenge it is really helping me stay on track and motivated.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Sounds like we are all having a pretty good week, that's great!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Took a long walk today, avoiding sweets so far, about half way with my water, and had my fruit. Now, I just need to get some veggies in for dinner and I'll be golden! How's everyone else's weekend going?