Purple Team

Options

Replies

• RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Last day of week 1! I didn't realize this would coincide with the Super Bowl... whoops! I'm not sure how I'm going to do today; I'm not a big sport fan, but will be at a Super Bowl/birthday party this afternoon, so I'm pretty sure some cake will be involved... so instead of focusing on what I shouldn't be eating, I will try to get in my fruits and veggies plus water.
  • janpuzzle31
    janpuzzle31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My points for this week are 188. The food side of the challenge has gone really well this week, next week I need to get in a bit more exercise. I have lost 2lb which is good as I set my goal on mfp as losing 1lb a week. I have a sneaking feeling that next week might be a bit harder!
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Last day of week 1! I didn't realize this would coincide with the Super Bowl... whoops! I'm not sure how I'm going to do today; I'm not a big sport fan, but will be at a Super Bowl/birthday party this afternoon, so I'm pretty sure some cake will be involved... so instead of focusing on what I shouldn't be eating, I will try to get in my fruits and veggies plus water.

Sounds like a good plan. The weekends are always tough. Yesterday was not great for me! I did get my fruits and veggies, and water. Planning on the same today also.
  • wigal23
    Options
    My points for this week are 188. The food side of the challenge has gone really well this week, next week I need to get in a bit more exercise. I have lost 2lb which is good as I set my goal on mfp as losing 1lb a week. I have a sneaking feeling that next week might be a bit harder!

Nice job! I'm also struggling with exercise. I only have points for 2 days for exercise. We can both do better next week! :smile:
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So I got 95 points. Pretty much did no exercise. I also need to work on getting more veggies. I lost 0.2 pounds. Hopefully next week will be better.

What are some of your favorite veggies that I could incorporate into dinner time?? I love broccoli and zucchini. But I only have so many ways to make it and get kind of bored after a while.

Hope all have a good Superbowl day. =D
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    I have a vegetable box delivered every week, it is different each time so I have been forced to try all sorts of new veg. I have started using a spiraliser so that I can make veg noodles to replace higher carb items like pasta or rice. A good mixture always goes down well with the family. I would say be adventurous!
  • wigal23
    Options
    Veggie noodles is a good idea. I also try to do a side salad at least a couple days a week. Fresh baby carrots make an easy side or snack also. But broccoli is also my favorite!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    My points for the week are 149.
    Starting weight was 193.8. I'm up 2 lbs but not freaking out because I think it's water weight from my cycle (sorry if that's TMI)...

Super Bowl Sunday was a bust. They only served tortilla chips with nacho sauce. I would have brought some fruit or veggies but I assumed since the hosts were vegetarian that they'd have more options! No fruit or veggie points for my day today. I did avoid sweets, but not alcohol. And I did manage to walk for 35 minutes. Did not make the 3,500 calorie bonus points, I came in at 2,170 calories for the week.

As for vegetable choices, I like to try different kinds of squash. It's easy to make and there are some interesting recipes out there. I like spaghetti squash, acorn squash, and butternut squash soup.

Cheers to Week 2!
  • wigal23
    Options
    That stinks about the party. Great job on the calorie burn for the week though! My points for the week are 154. :smiley: I'm lacking mostly in exercise!
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!!

My points for last week was 126, the candy and wine got to me. If stress in life gets to me, I tend to eat cookies and drink wine. Last week, it was a bottle of red and a box of girl scout cookies.

I got quite a few exercise points but not as many as I normally will, my bootcamp classes were cancelled due to weather. When its below 30 in the desert- we tend to stay inside :)

Lets have a great week.

Weight wise, I'm down 1.5 :)
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Happy Monday!

We have gales at the moment and the power is off and on and off and on and off and on... you get the idea. I had a zumba class after work, MFP would give me about 450 exercise cals whereas my Garmin wristband only thinks I have earnt 220 extra calories, which includes the zumba plus walking over 14,000 steps today (walking to work and back and being on my feet all day). I can't really work it all out - but am sticking with the Garmin as I wasn't losing weight when I relied on MFP alone. It does mean I am unlikely to ever achieve the bonus for 3,500 calories burned for the week.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Jan definitely go with whatever works for you the best. I also will never reach that 3,500. That's a lot of calories, 500/average per day! I can see BJ making it (she's a runner) but not me for sure.
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Thanks Becky

• RedVelvette
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone!

Yesterday was a good start to week 2 for me. I managed all the water, fruit, and exercise, and avoided sugar and alcohol. My only oversight was vegetables. I only had some with breakfast and the rest of the day I totally forgot... so that's what I'm going to try to add in for today. That and I'm hoping to make it to a pilates class this morning, and ballet tonight.

Yes, the 3500 calories per week is a challenge! This is the part where I struggled the most last year due to my crazy schedule. Which is why it's here, to get us all moving!! We can do it!

What's your challenge today? And what's your motivation?
  • wigal23
    Options
    Hi there Jen - Sounds like a successful Monday! I met everything yesterday except exercise. That's my challenge - to get some activity in this evening. A lot of times it's just treadmill time, but I'm okay with that! My motivation is to beat last week, so I have to find the time tonight.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello, Monday was my best day so far point wise. I stayed away from the wine and treats and ate all my veggies. My family had hamburgers and fries for dinner and I opted for asparagus instead of fries and it felt good.

Although, I had a treat today. Starbucks was calling my name.
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Well done BJ, I sometimes think that it would be easier to complete this sort of challenge living alone as cooking for others does put temptation in the way! I cooked pancakes for loads of people today, it is the only day we really eat pancakes in England. By keeping busy with the making I avoided eating any without any fuss.

Pilates tonight was a nice follow up to zumba yesterday.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Becky that's great that you did so well for Monday. Keep it up!
    BJ Good for you for having asparagus instead of fries! That's a great substitution!
    And Jan to make yummy food and avoid it by keeping busy making it! What a great plan!!
    I'm getting so inspired from you all. Today I made it to pilates this morning and instead of leaving right after class, I did stationary bike for 15 minutes.
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing well on water and no alcohol or sweets. However I am just not getting the vegetables or fruit in. I did have some strawberries yesterday. I should go buy apples or bananas to make sure I have something when I want a snack in the afternoons. I need to go grocery shopping.

Does anyone do something for Ash Wednesday or Lent?
  • wigal23
    Options
    My suggestion for fruit/veggies - smoothies! For breakfast this morning I had one with Tropicana Farmstand juice (which has 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies per 8oz) with a banana, kale, and some light vanilla yogurt. Already 2 servings each on fruit and veggies. You can of course mix and match pretty much any combination of things to your liking.