Purple Team

Options

Replies

• janpuzzle31
    janpuzzle31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support - it makes it easier to hear I am not alone in my struggles! Today I ended up spending the whole day at work (despite being on holiday) and although that was not ideal it has taken me back to my normal routine which might be good for my food intake.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. Jan I'm glad you had a "normal" day and are feeling good :smile:
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Sunday again - that came around quickly. My scores are not so good this week - 146 points and I gained 2 pounds - but at least I am still a little lighter than when I started the challenge and a holiday week was always going to be tricky! I have enjoyed my week off and eaten some yummy food as well as having some much needed rest - so overall it is all good.

How are the rest of you doing?
  • RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jan, it's good that you stuck with the challenge, even when on vacation! Good for you!
    This week was okay for me, I'm noticing that weekends are my downfall! Working hard to keep up the new behaviors, even on the weekends!
    On the positive note, I *may* reach the bonus points for exercise this week! Depending on how much I do today, I'm pretty close to the 3500 calories burned.
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I slacked this week, only 72 points.. Sorry team =( It was partly because of the valentine's sale candy, just couldn't resist the butterfinger hearts.. I didn't gain or lose weight though, keeping it steady.
    I need to regain my focus. Actually track things daily. Part of it is the unsteady schedule. I work as a scribe in physician offices and currently am helping to train scribes in new areas which has caused by schedule to be really off. Some days don't start until noon, and others start at 6 am. Need to find a way to keep my food schedule consistent even when the morning starts later.

Here's to a better week.
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Concetta, I know the feeling! My schedule varies day by day. Sometimes I start work at noon and other times at 9am, still others at 4 in the afternoon for a late night. It certainly does make things more challenging to plan ahead. Be kind to yourself, and I'm sure you will find a system that works for you!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Oh, and my points for the week are 157. I was SO close to the extra 10 bonus points! But not quite close enough (I had 3,393 calories burned)....
  • wigal23
    Options
    Hello team! It was a tough week for me too. Spent a few days out of town which always makes it difficult. I'll have to wait until I get to work today to tally my points.
  • wigal23
    Options
    My points for this week aren't great either, only 127. I didn't weigh in, but I'm confident that I didn't lose! Hoping I at least maintained and can show a small loss this week.
  • wigal23
    Options
    Happy hump day purple team! Just ordered 2 new pairs of active capri from Lane Bryant, buy one get one 75% off. Score!

How is everyone doing with the veggies?
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Have been having pasta with some type of sauce that boyfriend made with lots of tomato's and onions in it and having spinach on the side for dinner/leftovers. It's been good although spinach is not my favorite when cooked
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    Homemade veg soup with a bit of curry paste for a kick is one of my favourites. I always make a huge pot of it at the weekend and it is great for lunch or a quick meal. I love veg, as I have said before!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    What a great find! I'm doing better with veggies than I expected. I accidentally went to a vegetarian cafe yesterday and rediscovered my love for vegetarian food! It was so good! And now I'm inspired!
    How's everyone else doing this week so far? What are your challenges, you victories?
  • wigal23
    Options
    Accidentally? Hahaha! That's too funny. Veggies are pretty easy for me. I can have a salad, throw some veggies in an omelet, top a sandwich. As per usual, exercise is my challenge! Yuck!
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    Yes, it was by accident! It's called Native Foods Cafe, so I figured it would just be health food, but didn't realize it's all vegetarian until I read the menu. Instead of meat they have plant-based proteins, that kind of tastes like meat... and it was so good!
    What don't you like about exercise? For me getting started is the hard part but once my body loosens up I begin to enjoy it. It also helps to find an activity that you like doing so it doesn't feel like work.
  • wigal23
    Options
    For me the majority of my "exercise" these days is just walking. So it's not hard to do, just hard to find the time. Especially during the winter when it's already dark by the time I get home. Then having 2 kids, one in sports....you know, the same old "excuses" LOL. I am NOT a morning person so it's nearly impossible to get up early for it. Then I don't get home from work until around 6 or 7 - then it's homework, practices, dinner....you know the drill.

Basically I need to stop making excuses and make it a priority and so far I've been struggling with that.
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    'Getting started' is my exercise downfall too. Half my battle is getting changed into the gear and walking through the door, then I am fine. I too get home in the dark and that puts me off running, which is my exercise of choice, as it is pretty dark around our rural roads. For me the only guaranteed exercise I do is when I team up with someone, and I would never let them down. I manage a couple of classes a week at the moment and generally 5-6 miles a day of walking in the course of getting to and fro to work and running around during the day at work.

• Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I've been out sick and not logging. I'm not going to weigh in this week b/c I know my weight will be low from not eating and I don't want to be discouraged next week.

I'm feeling better now and hoping to get back on track quickly :)
  • RedVelvette
    Options
    I didn't get good sleep two nights ago, and I'm having a very hard time motivating myself to do much of anything since then. I don't even want to get stuff done that really needs to get done (work/study)... all I can think about is taking a nap. Anyone else have this problem? What helps to snap out of it?!?
  • janpuzzle31
    Options
    I know that feeling. I used to fight it but now I give in, allow myself a weekend daytime nap for an hour or so and refuse to feel guilty about it. I get back to normal much quicker by allowing myself that catch up. I am fortunate to have grown up kids so I can please myself at weekends, I appreciate it is not so easy for anyone with small children!

My week has been a normal working week and it has been easy to keep on track. I have arrived at the weekend feeling good!