Lottie's Fitness Journal

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Great job on the weight loss so far and continuing to do your thing! I'm rooting for you and look forward to your next post! :)
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hello

I haven't done a lot today, my left knee is getting worse. It's really cold and damp here. Took my two dogs for a walk and limped on the way back. I haven't been exercising and I really need too. The apple cider and honey has helped. My right knee doesn't bother me now. I wasn't sure about the taste but it's not so bad.

I am watching my food. I'm hoping I still lose some weight. I hate to miss all my goals. I think I need to go ahead and workout on the elliptical tomorrow. I've been told that it's not hard on the knees. I don't want to keep using this as an excuse even though it hurts.

I hope you all had a successful day :blush:

• smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Listening to your pain and taking care of yourself is probably a more important goal. I am curious to hear how the elliptical works for you. I've had mixed results when my joints are achy.
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Please don't push too hard. If you have pain, it's your body telling you something. Take it easy, ice (or heat if you think it feels better), and do easy exercises (arms, core, lower body non-knee, etc.) until the pain is less or gone. Pushing too much too fast can do permanent damage.

I personally don't like the elliptical, but it makes me motion-sick, so that's a completely different excuse. Just go slow and don't do inclines - they're harder on knees.

Sending hugs and love. Knee pain is no fun. Good luck. Don't push too hard. Have a good weekend!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Well today I went to gym. I didn't do as much as before, was trying to watch out for my knees.
    At least on bike and elliptical I totaled three miles. I then went grocery shopping so my steps increased. I found out today the bike seemed more knee friendly for me.

My daughter sent me flowers, it made Valentines a little easier. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for late lunch. I didn't want to be alone.

I bought s few different options for food, turkey burgers, oatmeal, spare ribs (my special treat) and more fresh vegetables. I need to get eggbeaters and BQ sauce which I forgot.

I'm hoping with the editions I can do a variety and not lose focus.

I'm feeling good today and I hope you all have a great Saturday :D
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good job on making it to the gym and putting the work in!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    That's great that you found something a bit more 'knee friendly'. Perhaps you can build up to some of the other exercises ? or do them on your good days ?
    Wishing you well for the weekend. Sounds like lunch will be delicious :smile:.

• LottieStanley
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day <3 ! Well I decided to eat with a friend today so I wouldn't sit around and be depressed because Floyd isn't here. I decided on a California Salad with Chicken. Balsamic dressing and one roll. Not the best choice. That meal was over my total calories for the day. Plus I had a protein shake for breakfast. I'm not going to stress about this tomorrow I'll be back on track.

Plus weather allowing I going to try a very slow Zumba tomorrow. It started snowing this morning stopped around noon and started again around three. It's starting to stick. I'm so ready for spring.

Everyone be safe and have a romantic Valentine's.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Don't stress - one day won't break the bank. Thinking about you today. Sending love and hugs.

Enjoy Zumba and be safe in the snow!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Hi

My body sure is fighting me on exercise. About an hour before Zumba I started getting headache, I suffer from migraines and wasn't sure if this was one or not. Plus the weather here is supposed to get bad again. EXCUSES I know. Thank goodness eating has been under this week. Except V-Day.

Have a great evening headache still bothering me. Might be weather changing- have allergies and bad sinus.

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hey Lottie one day off shouldn't hurt too bad just make up for it over this week. How's the knee feeling? For me heat has always worked the best for sore joints. The best way is to alternate from hot to cold. Cold takes down swelling and hot seems to loosen things up. Make sure you don't overdo it, I have done that many times in my life playing sports and it always makes things worse.
  • Quzzdragon12
    Quzzdragon12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Make sure you keep drinking enough water too. I often get headaches from not drinking enough water - especially during exercise. Weather changing stinks. Every time a storm comes through - wham! Allergy season will soon be upon us again. I found taking a daily non-drowsy allergy pill saved me last season. Do you take anything?

Saw in another post you got a vivofit - do you like it so far? I have the vivosmart and I find it tracks more steps than I actually take, but it's within about a 5% margin so that's ok in my book. Better to have SOME idea of how many steps we take, even if it's off by a bit.

Hope Zumba is still treating you well!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well went to grief group, next week is the last meeting. Several people asked if I was ok they said I seemed down. Knees are really hurting especially the left one I twisted. So putting ice pack on. I ordered some "Walk On" Dvd's so hopefully I can do some exercise. Tried to find water Zumba classes only place here is YMCA and its 55.00 a month. Little steep for me right now.

We went to lunch after the meeting ordered a salad and put 1/2 in box before I started eating. That way I don't eat so much. I'm really trying hard on eating especially now that I'm still not exercising like I want too.

Quzzdragon I like my Viofit and I sync fine with Connect. I like that I can look at different time frames, I'm trying to increase each week by 10% before my knees put me on hold. The only thing I haven't been able to sync with MFP. Although my nutricianist wants to see eating without subtracting for exercise. So it hasn't hurt me just have to look in two places.

I had bought a Fitbit and sent it back couldn't get it to sync. So I ordered the one I have now from Garmin.

I wished I had taken good before pictures I have avoided pictures because I don't associate me with what I am. I hope that makes sense. I'm posting one from my birthday which was January. It just shows face and upper half. When I weigh on next appointment I'll take another picture I think. The second picture was one while I was a goal weight.

Beginning weight. 181.3 lbs
    Current weight. 174 lbs
    Goal weight. 130 lbs

Hope everyone has a great day and evening!

yhl9kpxh1dlm.jpeg
    730end6h06r8.jpeg
  • Quzzdragon12
    Quzzdragon12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your knees are still hurting you. Make sure they heal all the way before jumping back into your regular exercise otherwise you might reinjure them. I've see the walk-on DVDs but haven't tried them. let me know what you think!

So... to get the connect to sync, go to "apps" in MFP, then select the garmin and click connect. It should ask you to log-in to your Garmin account, then they'll connect. Every time you sync your garmin it'll upload to MFP. I do it at the end of the day twice a week, that way I'm not counting those calories toward "exercise" for the day - helps me not eat them back and keep on track with weight. Hope that helps :)
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your handling the bumps in your journey with healthy positive coping skills. That in and of itself is a victory!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Just completed "Walk Away The Pounds" two mile brisk walk. Made me sweat!!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Sweating is your body telling you that what your doing is working!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    Hello,

Went to a great church service had a guest speaker Dan Issell he was a UK basketball player ABA player and NBA player and coach.

Yesterday here in Kentucky was beautiful. Temp was in 60's. Took my two Shih tzu's and doggie stroller and went for a walk. A lot of people do a double take. The dogs love it.

My knees seem better. Walking doesn't seem to aggravate the injury as much. Friday after the Step DVD I put a pain patch on and I think that helped too.

This encourages me. I'll need to decide if I can go to Zumba tomorrow. I don't want to make it worse. Eating I'm still trying to stay on track. I made spare ribs and have ate them for three days. Problem with cooking for one. Plus not the most lean, but I have been craving them. This will last a while.

I posted my weight loss for January on Facebook. Today in church a nice man asked me if I had lost any more. I told him once a month. I thanked him for asking.

With being by myself I will take motivation from anywhere. My favorite place is here and at grief group. Some of my clothes fit better not quit as tight. Next weigh in is March 1st. I'm going to up exercise to try and help with the last push.

May write more tonite. If not have a great day o:)
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Glad to hear your knees are doing better! Have you already paid for the classes? If not, I'd really recommend taking another night or two off to make sure your knees have already healed. Or, if you have already paid (or if you want to get out there and shake your booty) I'd recommend telling your instructor before class that you have knee pain and s/he should either be able to help you modify it for your comfort, or at least they'll understand if/when you need to modify it for yourself.

Spare ribs sound AMAZING. You can send some North to me and I'll help you eat them all ;)

Congrats on your clothes-feeling! Keep it going! :)