Lottie's Fitness Journal

Options

Replies

• Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hey Lottie
    Sorry to hear you were in a bit of a funk. Completely understandable. The first year is super hard and getting unwanted surprises like that will make even the toughest (which you are) fall a bit. It's ok to have a down day. As I always say and have probably said before, It's ok to visit just don't unpack and stay there. You sound like you have got the right mindset happening though and it's true. You have worked too hard to fall now. I didn't know your husband but I reckon he will be sitting up there as proud as punch at the work you have been doing.

When you're ready, reset yourself, pick up the diet and exercise and continue on. I'm sure you'll find that in 3 months time there will be differences to your blood tests
    Thinking of you xxx
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile, I've been keeping the food diary but haven't exercised or doing the journals. I've been in a funk. I weighed yesterday with a little fear. I thought oh no I've sabotaged myself but I didn't, even in a funk I stayed pretty close to calorie goal. I back down to 169 lbs. I'm feeling better but not 100%. Grief is nothing like anything I've ever been through. Just when you think your strong a moment will remind you of him and your back in a funk. I know it takes time and I know I'll be ok someday but the journey till then is difficult. Sorry this is why I haven't been on here I'm Debbie Downer right now. I am going to try to get back to exercising tomorrow morning maybe I will feel better.

The spring pollen is killing my head and I'm off Excederin Migraine and ibuprofen . So I hope if I do it first thing I won't have a pounding head.

I backed into a parked Van. Took my vehicle in thinking they would keep it a couple of days, they said maybe Friday. I have a rental which is good.

• quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sending huge hugs your way! I was just thinking about you last night "Lottie hasn't been on in a while - wonder what she's up to!" Glad to hear your still keeping track.

Sorry to hear about allergies and the van. Ouch. I take a daily allergy pill (non-drowsy) - have you tried anything like that? The generic Claritin/Zertek/Allegra seems to work well and isn't crazy expensive. Unfortunately they won't help fix cars :/ Hope your car gets back to you soon!

If you ever need a virtual pick-me-up we're only a few clicks away! ::Hugs!!::
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back. <3
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hey Lottie, good to see you posting on here again, I know that getting some fresh air when the sun is shining usually helps my mood so hopefully tomorrow when you get back to exercising it will do the same for you.

Hope to see you posting updates more often again! :smile:
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Hey Lottie Glad to see you back. I have missed you. Being in a funk is hard. It's hard enough putting one foot in front of the other much less trying to eat right, be active and do all those things. Completely understandable. Now that it is lifting a bit see if you can get outside for a bit and perhaps go for a walk. Not as an exercise thing but just as a get out of the house and get some fresh air and sun thing. Hopefully that will help the upward spiral of your mood.

In the meantime, if you need a virtual hug or an ear, im never far away from MFP. you can contact me any time
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    @kell2912 I took your suggestion and walked outside today. It was breezy, sunny and I feel great. Only problem is allergy headache. It is so worth it though.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Do you take an anti-allergy pill? Highly recommend it. :)
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    I'm on Zyrtec over the counter. Forgot it last nite took it when I came back from walk. Ok now. I take at night so I don't get tired. I don't know why cause not sleeping that much lately. I don't know why but I forget my nightly pills guess I need to set alarm so I remember.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    I always put my daily pills near my toothbrush :) Glad the Zyrtec is helping some.
  • quzzdragon
    Options
    Hey Lottie, It's been a few days. I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you and hope you're doing well.
  • mimi2974
    mimi2974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Lottie. I've been MIA for a while. Tomorrow is always an opportunity for a better day! Thinking of you and your struggles.
  • Kell2912
    Options
    just dropping by to say Hello. You're awesome
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    My next weigh in is tomorrow. I haven't weighed in lately but my food has been below calories. I can only hope that's been enough. My knee has bothered me a lot lately. Due to the kidney & liver numbers being off no ibuprofen. I think I'm going to ice it today. I would like to get a workout today. I really feel better afterwards mentally. This week is full of appointments today is the only day I don't have something going on. At least I'll be getting out of the house, which makes my daughter happy. Will post more tonight. Thanks @quzzdragon ,@mimi2974 and @Kell2912 for the encouragement! You all are awesome!!!!!
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    :D Weighed in and I am so happy!!! I lost 5.9 lbs this month. Here are the goals my nutricianist set up for me in April.

1) 45 - 115 minutes a week exercise
    2) lose 1 lb a week
    3) keep food 1100 - 1200
    4) record food daily
    5) 10% increase on steps for the month

I think this should be doable.

• quzzdragon
    Options
    That's fantastic loss and great goals! We'll be rooting for you!
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Awesome loss honey and great goals to aspire to. April is going to be awesome
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Very, very nice work Lottie! 6 pounds over a month is a great loss! Hopefully the pain will subside a bit and allow you crush those exercise minutes. Congrats on the loss Lottie!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and keep up the great work!!!

Feverfew is a plant, it's nature's NSAID without any of the stomach or liver problems associated with asprin or Tylenol.

Butterbur is a plant, it's an antihistamine, it can cause nausea for some people.

These may help with your allergies if your doctor is ok with them.
  • LottieStanley
    Options
    @tcunbeliever thanks for the info on natural remedies. I'm definitely checking them out.