jilliancreates a journey of releasing weight and attracting health.

Options

Replies

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the update
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Since my last long update, I had several days of extremely poor food choices and zero exercise. I was back up to 220, and while it was mostly sodium caused, I still put myself back by nearly 2 weeks. I'm not beating myself up, but rather recognizing that the severity of that indulgence wasn't worth so much time to get back to a pre-binge weight.

This morning, I weighed in at 213.7 and am super excited that after some serious March stumbles, I'm back on track and at my lowest weight so far. I also did measurements. I didn't start tracking this until February (and even later for some specific measurements), but this is what I've lost since the beginning of the year....

Waist (-0.5") This isn't going to change much because I'm bottom heavy(pear shaped), and my natural waist is fairly thin.
    Navel (-0.5")
    Hips (-3")
    Left Thigh (-1.75")
    Right Thigh (-1.5")
    Left Calf (-0.75")
    Right Calf (-1")
    Left Bicep (0.75")
    Right Bicep (0.75")

Total inches lost (10.5")

Weight released since starting MFP in September (37.9 lbs)
    Weight released since January 1st (26.6 lbs)

....and the photos...
    Start of the year...
    8zcpmg9tjf9l.jpg

Current...
    55b5oswbs845.jpg
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I had my yearly physical at the VA yesterday. My lady doc and her nurse were gushing about my weight change and asking me about how I was doing it. I didn't mention the HFLC thing until after we went over my bloodwork. My cholesterol and trigliglycerides have improved since last year's appointment. When I told my doc about HFLC, she was surprised, but told me to keep doing what I'm doing because it's obviously working for me. AND (time to get real with how our bodies change when we go from obesity to healthy) I asked about the dreaded abdominal skin flap. It's starting already, but I imagine it will get worse. Because I am already having minor issues with skin infections due to the extra skin, I asked if the VA can do anything about it. Check this out! As long as I get medical documentation of the frequency and severity of these infections, thereby proving that the extra skin is causing medical issues, the VA will likely pay for a panectomy (aka tummy tuck) after I reach my goal weight. WHAT?!?! Seriously? Ok, so it's not a guarantee, but it's definitely worth a shot!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Well I just read through your entries and I have to say amazing progress! To your most recent update, I to am finding out that setting myself back by overindulging frequently isn't worth it. Let's show the rest of the month who is boss :P

By the way, congratulations on your engagement and I look forward to your next update! :)
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing changes. Glad your doc is cheering you on and offering options!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Thank you both!

I went Nordic walking yesterday for the first time since last fall (maybe even late summer). I had forgotten how much more efficient it is than regular walking. The poles not only propel me to walk faster, but also create a full body workout. While I'm not actually sore, I can feel that I worked my abs, upper back, and triceps specifically.

After letting my back heal fully, and working through some self-inflicted setbacks, I'm ready to start bodyweight training again. I'll pick that up again tomorrow for a MWF plan. I think I'm going to (re)start the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred on the opposite days. Of course, I'll continue walking, but some days will be Nordic walking outside and others will be in the gym.

My goal for this week is to be down 2.3 pounds by next Sunday. That would put me at a 40 pound total loss by my next weigh in for my Biggest Loser group. Hopefully, I can get through the big meeting with my ex husband and our lawyers. I know I'm an emotional eater, specifically when it comes to anxiety and high stress situations. I guess, if I'm down at all by next Sunday, it would be a win.

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Nordic walking sounds fun! I think I may have to try it in the future.

If you don't mind my asking, what body weight training program are you following?

Good luck on your goal and the meeting with your ex! Keep your head up and your focus on your goals!
    Also, any progress is progress! :)

I look forward to your next update!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I really struggling with anxiety about this meeting today. I haven't done horribly with food, but not great either. I also didn't exercise at all Sunday or Monday, even though doing so would have surely helped with the shakiness and racing heart and mental fatigue from considering what might happen today. Even though I already have a fairly decent idea what's going to happen (either today with the guardian ad litem or in a few weeks with the county judge), I am scared to go today because I don't know how to be in the same room my ex. The degree of the psychological abuse that he has used against me surrounds him like a 20 foot aura. Being anywhere near him makes me nauseous. I managed to hold it together during our daughter's allergy appointment, but binged after. Today, I'm worried that I won't even be able to hold it together because of the nature of the meeting. I need to make sure I have dinner and snacks organized for after the meeting so I'm not scrambling for anything I can get my hands on.

I'm planning on going to the gym for a 90 minute walk as soon as I get the rest of my things prepared for the meeting and have food planned for the rest of the day.

Prayers, good vibes, positive energy, or any other long-distance support any of you have to offer would be welcomed and greatly appreciated. <3

I'll try to post another update tonight about how the meeting goes.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Sending lots of positive energy your way!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Jillian!!!

Maybe a nice cup of licorice tea before and/or after the meeting would help with the anxiety.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sending positive thoughts your way. The gym sounds like a great idea. Do they have a heavy bag? I find my emotional eating much more manageable when I can punch something. :) Heavy bags make a satisfying noise when you whack them too.
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Prayers for a good outcome. You've come so far try not to let him have the power over you. I think you're fantastic and an inspiration to others.
  • PrimalJillian
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Most of the meeting was good, until the end when I was told that my children are being ripped from their elite private school that they've gone to since they started school. I'm devastated. They don't understand why they can't stay. And I can't tell them the truth that this is their dad's doing. It makes me sick, and I haven't been doing well. Crappy food. No exercise. Just feeling depressed and helpless. Yesterday started to get better. I've offered to spearhead a project for the school that would create an action plan and specific info about the school for any future families that are facing circumstances similar to ours. It's a Waldorf school that attracts families from all over the country, yet the legal system here is bias against it because it has no understanding of it. I want to change that so other families have a better chance of preserving their education preference. Unfortunately, this won't help my children right now, but we are going to regroup and hopefully get the school issue reevaluated in a year. I'll be better armed with information by then.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Just popping in briefly. I'm hoping to catch up on a few journals here, but it may have to wait a little longer. The legal crap is not dissipating. In fact, it's getting worse. I want to vent, but I'll spare you the nauseating monologue. Looks like Jeff and I may be pushing for a trial because the GAL is not doing her job.

Anyway, the stress has oddly worked for me. My weight is down significantly, probably because I exercised a LOT last week to try to keep my mind off of things. A couple more pounds and I'll be under 210. Wow, that'll be nice!
  • 50extra
    Options
    Hey Jillian sorry to hear about whats going on with your ex. You will notice that I don't comment on things in peoples journals that I can't relate too which is why I am so quiet on some of your updates.

The weight loss I can comment on! Getting down below 210 will be great! Good job on turning the bad situation into a good one by exercising more instead of turning to alternative measures to get your mind right. I'm sure the exercise helped you feel way better than a food would have. Do you have a time frame in which you want to get down below 210?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I'm sorry the legal crap is getting worse but I am happy to hear that the stress is working for you rather than against you. Stress sucks. I hope it gets situated (and in your favor) soon!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I know that most people don't really know how to respond to situations like mine, and I understand that it's easier to just not respond. It's all good. Sometimes it's nice to express what's going on in my life that will, and is, clearly having an effect on my health journey.
    I, too, am glad that the stress is leading me to healthy management tools rather than unhealthy ones. I have been surprised by my extremely minimal craving of junk food or even just items that I have basically eliminated. This is a first for me, so I am definitely enjoying it. I have to be honest in saying that the days that I can't get to the gym are a bit challenging, but that's getting easier and as the weather continues to warm I'll be exercising outdoors most days anyway.
    As far as a timeframe for getting under 210, I'm planning for at least by May 8th. I do believe it'll be sooner though. I'm heading into TTOM, so water weight will temporarily slow progress, but yesterday I weighed in at 210.5. This puts my total lost to 41 pounds. I'm pretty stoked about this. I'm a little more than halfway to my big goal.
    I had a nice NSV yesterday, as well. I don't recall when I started wearing this particular belt, but I believe it was around the beginning of the year. At that time, I could JUST get to the first hole. Yesterday, I cinched it down to the 4th! I only have 2 more to go, and I'll need a new belt, as well as new jeans....although the jeans may need to come sooner.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Way to go on the NSV's and also for 41 pounds lost! That's awesome! :)
    I also find it a little more challenging on the days I don't work out so I understand that.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Jillian a 41 pound loss is a monster loss and you should be very proud of that. I'll be watching (impatiently) to see you break into the 20xs but what I am looking forward too even more then you getting down below 210 is when you hit onederland. You have been on a very nice streak losing weight since you had your little gain and I know you can keep it up. The nicer days ahead give us less excuse to not keep moving more.

As for the belt and the jeans, I am sure that must feel great! I have been slipping into some old T-shirts lately and I know it makes me feel a little bit better inside.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Just wondering how things are going Jillian?