MAD HATTERS “IGNITE THE LIGHT” IN JULY!

Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
Welcome to JULY, Hatters!!

This is our month to “IGNITE THE LIGHT” inside us, and really step up our efforts to work towards our goals over the next four weeks!

I got my inspiration for this month from Seehe when when she mentioned that both our countries have huge celebrations in July, and both countries include a huge fireworks display as part of the festivities! And I immediately thought of that Katie Perry song “Firework” and thought Wow...How appropriate because not only do we all celebrate with them, but that’s exactly what we are Hatters – fireworks!!

(If you aren’t familiar with the song and can google or watch it on youtube, please do – and listen to the refrain: “you just gotta ignite.. the light.. and let it shine… just own the night… like the 4th of July”… cause baby you’re a firework!)

Cause WE really are fireworks ladies!!! So lets ignite the light and let our colours truly burst this month! We can step it up and rock these next 31 days with a full blown fireworks display of our own !!! Let’s do it!!!!

Let’s see a “FIREWORKS!” POST every time we meet a personal daily goal, or choose to make a better food option; or try something new, or push ourselves a minute further than the day before; whatever it is you do to ignite the light every single day this month, please post a FIREWORKS and saturate the board with our dazzling display !!!!

Replies

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    I'm ready to Ignite the Light- Thanks Snoozie !! Here's to Fireworks!!!

HyperPolice_wallpapers_233_zpsbae7655b.jpg
  • 6swolcott
    6swolcott Posts: 38 Member
    awesome idea, just thinking of doing this has given me motivation
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Well, 1 July is my hubby's b-day... he's my firecracker.... giggles.....
  • Snooozie

Susan !! Ty Ty Ty!!
  • Snooozie
    Carol - happy birthday to hubby ! ( but YOU have to be the firecracker this month lol)
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    I am ready to ignite fireworks under my *kitten*! I have been very bad and it shows. Today is the day! Let's have a BLAST this month!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    http://www.spreadshirt.com/the-eh-team-women-s-t-shirts-C3376A7626372 Something for Snoozie to wear today! Happy Canada Day!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Happy Canada Day to those north of the border! Happy 4th of July to those in the States! Happy b-day to Carol's hubby!

Wahoo for me........Finally the hubby and I are going to have a vacation all by ourselves! I found a place at our favorite beach that was on special. Buy one week get one free! This way the kids can still come if they want (I didn't get a house with a pool) and then we can still have a week by ourselves. This will be the first vacation for just us in over 10 years.
    Can you tell I am excited :bigsmile:

In order to look decent in my suit from last year I need to lose at least 10lbs before July 27th. That means I need to really kick it in gear.

One thing that will happen is lots of walking and bike riding for the two weeks. I can almost walk the entire 7 mile stretch of beach. If you haven't seen paradise look up Anna Maria Island Florida it is the most awesome place. I have been going there for over 20 years and not a lot has changed on the island. That is the reason I love it so.

Happy July my friends and let's get the party started!!!!!
  • seehe
    http://www.spreadshirt.com/the-eh-team-women-s-t-shirts-C3376A7626372 Something for Snoozie to wear today! Happy Canada Day!

Here ya go Kobie and Snoozie- I think this is what you wanted to post for Snoozie :-)

null_zps8a07445a.png
  • Snooozie
    Lol I should have kept reading - maybe I grabbed the wrong. T shirt! Love em both so ill get one of each! About to ignite my light and get out and walk!!
  • seehe
    Lol I should have kept reading - maybe I grabbed the wrong. T shirt! Love em both so ill get one of each! About to ignite my light and get out and walk!!

Oh, oops, you did grab the right t-shirt Snoozie. I was on my iphone this AM and couldn't copy and paste the entire line, so just got to the site and picked a canada shirt lol, but now that I'm on my computer I see that the black one is indeed the one Kobie posted for you :-)
    BTW , what does the EH stand for??
  • seehe

Wahoo for me........Finally the hubby and I are going to have a vacation all by ourselves! I found a place at our favorite beach that was on special. Buy one week get one free! This way the kids can still come if they want (I didn't get a house with a pool) and then we can still have a week by ourselves. This will be the first vacation for just us in over 10 years.

Doin' the happy dance for you and your husband, Tonya happy-guys-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Snooozie

Doin' the happy dance for you and your husband, Tonya happy-guys-smiley-emoticon.gif

I doing the happy dance right beside her for ya tonya!! (Watch your feet Susan I have two left ones lol! Soooo excited for ya you must be over the moon tonya!! :bigsmile:
  • Snooozie

Got my daily challenge to myself of 30 min a day of exercise...by the skin of my teeth cause I'm exhausted tonight lol. But I did it so fireworks!
  • seehe
    fireworks-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Getting to my daily challenges of 30 minutes of exercise- dog agility for an hour last night and now off to curves :-)
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Tonya - just did a google search..... for images....

Can I be a stow away... promise not to take up too much room in the suitcase.... "benefits of being skinny"....

Carol....
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Happy new month ladies !!! I had a wonderful get away with the husband. Did an amazing amount of walking and am surprised that I am missing it now that we are back home. Snoozie sorry to say but the camera got left behind so no pictures as evidence of the dance floor escapades. I made good choices eating but those frozen sangria mmmmmm. All I will say its a good thing I don't have one of those machines :drinker: :blushing:

Tonya do post the link for the vacation condo as I have been searching for Florida destinations, two weeks sounds wonderful.

I am finally getting tomatoes on a daily basis from the garden. I had almost forgotten how yummy fresh are. I also made some cucumber/bell pepper dip. There are several good size cantaloups that should be ready in a couple of weeks.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Tomatoes from the garden, vacations - sounds like Summer! Happy July 4 to our US friends tomorrow - and our sympathizers! Have a barbeque and light a sparkler! I hope it stops raining for a few hours here. I'd like to blow the clouds to somewhere where they need it. I'm not getting my walks in.

Snoozie and Susan - I didn't even realize it was a different shirt! The stereotype of Canadians is that they end every sentence with "Eh?" Watch Super Troopers (movie) for context!

I'm off to the gym. have a great day!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Happy 4th my friends. Its a rainy day here in Atlanta so not much going on. All of the events have been canceled. I was hoping to sleep late today but that didn't happen.

Tammy, I have booked with islandreal.com. I haven't used them before but have always heard good things about them. I have used annamariaparadise.com for the last 4 years and highly recommend them. Both websites offer specials and if you book last minute (like I did) you can find great deals. It really depends on the home you are looking for. Normally we get a house with a pool for the kids but this year it just wasn't in the budget. If you are looking at something and want to know about it just let me know, there probably isn't an inch of the island that I don't know something about. Tampa is only about 45 miles to the north so fun things to do there if you are interested and Disney and Sea World are only 2 hours away. Typically we stay on the island and just relax with maybe a 4 hour fishing trip thrown in the middle of the week. You can bike or take the free trolley everywhere so no need to drive once there if you don't want to. Since 1993 not a lot has changed and that is the part I love best. They are really trying g to keep the "old Florida" charm.

I hope you all have a great day!
  • seehe
    happy_4th_of_july_stars_and_stripes_lettersr_zpsee5ca81a.gif