MAD HATTERS “IGNITE THE LIGHT” IN JULY!

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
    Happy 4th of July to all my lovely wonderful friends in the U.S!! Love the pic Susan !!!!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Happy 4th of July to all my lovely wonderful friends in the U.S!! Love the pic Susan !!!!

Thanks!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Tonya thanks so much for the link. This looks like what I am looking for, peaceful and laid back.

Happy 4th to all those celebrating today. We had good weather and were lucky enough to catch a little break in the heat numbers.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Carol, and anyone else that will fit in my suitcase......I would love to have you down for the week it would be so great to have all of the extra support. The week that Rick and I are ALONE together not so much :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

We are so looking forward to a week with NO kids, NO dogs and NO grand kids! This past year has been one of inconveniences. That seems to imply that I don't love my family but nothing could be further from the truth.

When Cassie moved out and Zeke passed away I was devastated. Where was the companionship and love greeting me at the door everyday? Then, when all was said and done I learned to love the solitude to do what I wanted, when I wanted. Rick totally supported my weight loss and was even on board for trying all of the new "stuff" I was doing. Then, the shooting happened and Cassie and Derek moved in. That totally threw my whole routine out of whack. Cassie and Derek have an offer accepted on a house and hopefully will be moving into it come the middle or end of August. I am so happy and looking forward to it being just Rick and I again. It has been too easy to use all of the above and more for an excuse to not do what I know is right. I think my biggest personal issue is I never put me first....especially if there is an excuse not to. There are always so many things more important than me, at least in my head that is.

YOU all have made me realize that I am important and I do deserve to have time and energy for myself. Just look at all you have accomplished in the past year....it is almost a year since the MMH's came together as a group!

Ok, enough ramblings...I really should get to work..lol, like that is likely to happen today..

Love and hugs to all of you wonderful ladies,
    ~t
  • seehe
    Tonya, so glad you are realizing how important you really are. It is so easy to put others before oneself, but YOU count, too! Your Florida trip sounds absolutely wonderful :smile: Make sure to take lots of pics and send me your favorites, and I''ll post them for you.

I had a wonderfully delicious and healthy salmon dinner at the Flying V at the resort where I have a health club membership, and they had a fireworks display directly behind where we were sitting that was absolutely fantastic. We were so close that you could even hear the sizzling sound of the fireworks and the BOOMS were so loud!! It was great. Below is a picture of where we were dining and watching the fireworks which were on the golf course. You can see the edge of the golf course to get an idea of how close it was. Hope all the US Hatters had a fantastically fun fourth as well!

2ax8f0qDzpz56T_zps27f65c32.jpg
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Carol, thanks for reminding all of us
    To Come on, let OUR colors burst
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
    We're gonna leave 'em falling down

Boom, boom, boom
    We're Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
    Boom, boom, boom
    We're Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon

Sounds like some lovely summer time activities, with work being insane, I am jealous.
    Sue, I am glad that you were able to watch fire works without real fire, its scarey out there!
    Happy Friday Hatters!!!!
  • seehe

Sue, I am glad that you were able to watch fire works without real fire, its scarey out there!

Me, too! There have been no fireworks in Tucson for the last couple of years because of drought conditions and fire danger. Luckily the monsoons have started, so we got to enjoy them this year :-)
    But you are absolutely correct that the fire situation in AZ in the summers is really, really scary every year. Everybody gets so happy for the monsoons to start which helps for rain and cooling things down, but then with the monsoons comes lightening, which is frequently what causes the fires, and what caused the tragic current Yarnell fire. There are actually about 5 fires going on currently in AZ. There was one in the mountains by my house, but it was successfully put out, thank goodness!

So here's to a safe and lovely summer to all you Mad hatters out there!:flowerforyou:

~Susan
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Janet...

I was thinking about you last night as I was watching the fireworks in NYC (via TV of course) and Baltimore....

I know what you mean about being so good for so long then wanting to give in - this week has been too much soda, not enough water and I just finished 1/2 a can of planters deluxe nuts...... good / bad for you at the same time..giggles.....:grumble: :laugh:

I know you can and will do this - have missed your wonderful posts and was thinking of you ... just remember Lady Liberty ... and no, don't go for the robe, go for the "fitted t-shirt and shorts - in purple (or red / white / blue)....)...:flowerforyou:

Tonya...

Have fun in FL with your alone time with hubby - and as we tell our children... "don't bring home any extra passngers" - if you can't be good, be careful....and will come down (in spirit) when the rest of the family visits...

Sue...

Glad you finally had fireworks...

Snoozie...

You always continue to inspire - it's too hot here in Jersey for any outside walks - but Monday back to work and back to access to gym... for Zumba - and Wed will do step class...

See you all at the beach..... in your swimsuits - because a year in we know how awesome we look and aren't afraid to show it!

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Tonya, so glad you are realizing how important you really are. It is so easy to put others before oneself, but YOU count, too! Your Florida trip sounds absolutely wonderful :smile: Make sure to take lots of pics and send me your favorites, and I''ll post them for you.

I had a wonderfully delicious and healthy salmon dinner at the Flying V at the resort where I have a health club membership, and they had a fireworks display directly behind where we were sitting that was absolutely fantastic. We were so close that you could even hear the sizzling sound of the fireworks and the BOOMS were so loud!! It was great. Below is a picture of where we were dining and watching the fireworks which were on the golf course. You can see the edge of the golf course to get an idea of how close it was. Hope all the US Hatters had a fantastically fun fourth as well!

2ax8f0qDzpz56T_zps27f65c32.jpg

Susan!!!! What a beautiful place!! I can just picture you sitting there enjoying dinner and what a fab view for the fireworks!! Love it!!

Last dayshift today and I'm headed for bed but wanted to catch up on the posts and the hatters - lovely to see everyone's plans and I PLAN on hiding in tonyas suitcase as well (but NOT during you alone time week with hubby lolol!!). Janet hugs to you and Tammy glad you had such a nice time too ! Carol congrats on the Zumba classes!

I have really missed my morning walks at the lake and can't wait til tomorrow morning to head down. In the silence and beauty I will reflect on our upcoming 1 yr anniversary of us all here in the hatters, on the friendships I've gained, the pounds I've lost and the progress I'm making towards a healthy and fit me!! Hugs all around!
  • seehe
    happy_dance_zps8299cf0d.gif

MAJOR HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Got my new labs and my A1c is even lower at 5.5
    NO longer Diabetic, NO longer Pre Diabetic, and NO longer hyperglycemic!!!

I wish to thank each and every one of you dear Hatters for giving me your support which greatly contributed to my achieving this blissful state of health. graphics-kisses-hugs-743316_zps6e346fb1.gif

Eternally grateful
    ~Susan
  • Snooozie
    happy_dance_zps8299cf0d.gif

MAJOR HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Got my new labs and my A1c is even lower at 5.5
    NO longer Diabetic, NO longer Pre Diabetic, and NO longer hyperglycemic!!!

I wish to thank each and every one of you dear Hatters for giving me your support which greatly contributed to my achieving this blissful state of health. graphics-kisses-hugs-743316_zps6e346fb1.gif

Eternally grateful
    ~Susan

Susan... thank goodness for your ability to post pics - because when I crawled out of bed and saw your post, the first thought was OMG THAT'S FABULOUS!! AND MY SECOND one.. was damn I wish I could post a happy dance pic for ya.... so I'm taking the liberty of using your pic to join you in celebrating with the happy dance!!! I bet you looked exactly like Snoopy in this pic when you got the news LOL!! fantastic work my friend... I know your most important goal on this journey was health - and you DID it!!!! I am so proud of you and so very happy for you - it's amazing how much joy one can feel for a friend who you have watched battle through and overcome the challenges they have taken on... even though we've never met I am so glad I have been privileged enough to share in parts of your journey, and to be here to share in your happiness!! Congratulations!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Janet - so glad you posted and shared your struggle... motivation like everything else has a natural ebb and flow; it's normal and it happens to all of us... but it can be scary when it hits because your head starts to think what if it's gone forever? It ISN'T!! the flow BACK always follows an ebb! you've already begun that physical return with going to the body pump, so don't get worried or scared that the mindset isnt quite there yet....it WILL be again! ...It might be today, or tomorrow, or next week, but it WILL come back! Please don't put too much pressure on yourself about the past week; truly it's just a few days...no harm, no foul... just an ebb.. and it has not undone any of all your amazing accomplishments my friend... Not one bit so don't be afraid you've lost your mojo; it's still there! Just cut yourself some slack and realize you simply had a ***** of a week and you'll be just fine in a few days and back rocking the next phase of your journey in no time!! Remember all the hatters have your back Janet... And we're all here cheering you on!! Big hugs! :flowerforyou:
  • seehe
    Here ya go Snoozie- you doin' the happy dance with me LOL

BBHPhoto_Schulz_Museum_Lucy_Snoopy_Dance_zps5d3e2ef4.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Here ya go Snoozie- you doin' the happy dance with me LOL

BBHPhoto_Schulz_Museum_Lucy_Snoopy_Dance_zps5d3e2ef4.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

Love it!!! :bigsmile:

Playing "I'm walking on sunshine " and bopping away in the happy dance with ya!
  • Snooozie
    Good morning Hatters!

Today is my one year anniversary of joining MFP. It's been a great year, I've learned a lot about health and nutrition (and myself!); I've achieved my goals of losing weight, exercising, and lowering my body fat %. I will find out my progress in my other health goals next week, and I'm looking forward to continued progress this year! One thing I have truly come away with, is the fact that although this road is mine and no one can walk it for me, having others walk it WITH me has made the difference. You have all reached out a hand at times when I have faltered, or picked me up when I stumbled or fell with your friendship and support, and frequently dusted me off with a bout of laughter along the way. I could not have asked for better companions on this journey, and finding all of you has added immeasureably to my success, and by extension, to my life. Thank you all for being my friends! :flowerforyou:
  • seehe
    Good morning Hatters!

Today is my one year anniversary of joining MFP. It's been a great year, I've learned a lot about health and nutrition (and myself!); I've achieved my goals of losing weight, exercising, and lowering my body fat %. I will find out my progress in my other health goals next week, and I'm looking forward to continued progress this year! One thing I have truly come away with, is the fact that although this road is mine and no one can walk it for me, having others walk it WITH me has made the difference. You have all reached out a hand at times when I have faltered, or picked me up when I stumbled or fell with your friendship and support, and frequently dusted me off with a bout of laughter along the way. I could not have asked for better companions on this journey, and finding all of you has added immeasureably to my success, and by extension, to my life. Thank you all for being my friends! :flowerforyou:

3181_zps1c3bd106.gif

Happy Anniversary Snoozie! Doing the happy Dance for YOU!! What a great and successful year you have had on your wellness journey. Moreover, you have supported so many others to do the same with your always positive encouragement and humor. It has been a privilege to walk with you on your road and to have you walk with me on mine, and I know all of the Hatters feel the same way!!!!

~Susan graphics-kisses-hugs-743316_zps6e346fb1.gif
  • Snooozie
    :bigsmile: Oooo balloons and glitter and a beyoootiful banner and a lovely message too!! Thank you Susan - love it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    I am so challenged......lol, I can't be as glittery as Susan but I can say......

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY FRIEND AND THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE!

You have been an inspiration to so many, especially me. Thank you and I look forward to many years to come.
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Snoozie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A MAJOR SUPPORT TO ME AND ALL THE HATTERS MANY MANY THANKS!
    Susan, not diabetic, WOOOHOOO great news.
    ***I know I am going to be doing fantastic, after all if Great Britain can get a male Wimbledon champ after 77 years on the 7th day of the 7th month, anything is possible.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Happy Anniversary, Snoozie!

It's been a wonderful year with you to tag along with!

Susan-Snoozies pictures are perfect!!