Daily check in

Options

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Get up and go if you have the chance. I wish I had more free time, and the ability to go. But the little ones make getting to the gym difficult right now. So if you can't go for yourself, then go for me. lol
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Try to force yourself to go! I had the same issue today. I told myself I would only go for fifteen minutes and I did. I didn't stay longer like I thought I should have, but fifteen minutes was pretty painless and I felt better. But I feel another binge coming on. I cannot pull myself together. At least tomorrow is the start of my eating week so hopefully it'll start off on the right foot but I don't have much faith in myself today.
  • mweckler
    Options
    If I may ask, what is this eating week you keep referring to?
  • ab6046
    Options
    Oh I just mean I do my goal settings and stuff in Saturday's and my official weigh in and stuff on Saturdays. I think maybe I shouldn't do it anymore because recently I'm finding it easy to justify starting next week instead of tomorrow, and I think part of it is seeing I've already screwed up the week based off of MFP totals if that makes sense.
  • mweckler
    Options
    Ah, I thought there was some secret thing happening on Saturday that affected your food for the week. What you said makes more sense than what I thought.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Haha! I should have explained it better, "my eating week" doesn't really make any sense whatsoever.
  • mweckler
    Options
    Or that you were going to start ripping weeks out of a calendar and eating those. Which is odd.
  • ab6046
    Options
    I'm tempted to just finish out the week with a bang since its been consistently pretty bad. I'm considering starting with another cheesecake
  • ab6046
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    Or that you were going to start ripping weeks out of a calendar and eating those. Which is odd.

Hahhahah! But now I'm thinking about delicious advent calendars...
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Well, I went to the gym. I did 36 minutes on the elliptical and about 20 minutes of weights. Can I go to bed now??
  • mweckler
    Options
    NO! No sleep for you.
    @ab6046 stop eating calendars no matter how much you like the taste of cardboard.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I like eating cardboard.

Oh wait, no, those are rice cakes.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Hahah sounds about right! A miracle happened: I fell asleep for a few hours. I'm so glad. That may have aborted a binge. But I have a horrible headache and have for the last few days. I rarely get headaches, but now I get them frequently especially post binge. I think it might be the sugar.
  • mweckler
    Options
    I get bad headaches if I do not get enough caffeine.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    @irishjeepgirl1969 Let me know if you need any help with the cooking? I mean I know how much you LOVE!!!! to cook and all.

Hahaha! You can come cook for me each week! What on earth is a lentil?

Not a great day foodwise. High stress. Very high.

• mweckler
    Options
    A lentil is a bean of sorts that needs 78 hours of simmering in hot liquid to make it not rock hard so you don't chop a tooth while eating it. Also there is a three second window where it is perfect to eat otherwise it turns into gloop.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Weigh in: up 4.3 "real" weight from last Saturday according to Happy Scale. Actual weight is up almost 9 pounds.

Things are not going well for me. My goals for this week are:
    - keep weighing and logging foods in my food journal, but NOT on MFP until the following day (like that if I go over my calories it doesn't trigger a binge)
    - Keep weighing myself in the mornings but do not log it on Happy Scale until the end of the week in case that triggers a binge.

These are my two main goals this week. I came up with a more detailed plan I'm excited about that shouldn't be too difficult. I think the constant reminders of my failure are making me eat my feelings, so I'm trying to separate myself from numbers this week. If I feel I go crazy with it, I will stop. But I don't think I will; I've weighed my food and written it in a food journal for a good nine years. I think going back to that may be better. We will see. Wish me luck!
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    You don't need luck. It looks like you have a plan and confidence in yourself. That's better than luck!
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    Options
    I survived a Southern Baptist covered dish supper tonight without binging! I am pretty sure I went over calories, but I did not binge eat.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Yay so happy to hear that! You have been in a lot of social situations lately which might normally trigger a binge in which you ended up not bingeing. Congratulations!