16 Week Goals and Progress

Options

Replies

• AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I thought this would be under challenges, it's more like a forum!

My 16 week goal is to lose 20 lbs, 13 lost already in 6 weeks. I just need to focus, continue to workout 5-6 days a week for at least an hour and even on rest days make sure I get in at least 30 minutes of activity. I also want to tone this time around and not just lose weight, and increase my metabolism.

I also hope to continue to log meals and activity after reaching my goal so I can track what I'm doing, maintain my weight, and to continue to live a healthy lifestyle and not feel guilty on the occasional change in activity such as vacation or family/ friend outing.
  • Clemsongirl33
    Clemsongirl33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Week 1 goals are: 1)no soda or sweet tea 2)workout at least 30 min everyday 3)to lose 2 lbs
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 12lb and walk everyday for 60min. Log all my food good or bad. Try to ride my exercise bike 5 days a week for 30 min also. I will do this because I want be healthy and feel great!!
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the sign up for this challenge, but I'm in today.
    I hope a new challenge will help keep me encouraged and boost me through this next period. (The first couple of months are easy when the loss is faster...I'm teetering on the edge of discouraged now because I know the snack/junk food restrictions and healthy foods must continue for life, and on top of it, I have to add some more exercise.)

Please feel free to friend request. I keep my diary open so you'll know I'm logging.

16 Week Goal: 15 pounds
    SW for this challenge: 184 so.... at end of 16 weeks, GW: 169
    My 40th birthday is in mid-June and to be anything less than 170 for that birthday would feel GREAT.

I'm committed to:
    • Logging daily. It's a habit and keeps me accountable.
    • No solid food after 8p.m. to kill worst binge times.
    • No junk food purchased from the grocery store. (Homemade treats only--make the calories worth it.)
    • Less than 1,500 calories/day regularly, allowing overage for beer occassionally
    • More vegetables: aim for 7 cups/day

My stretch goal:
    Add more exercise.
    Find something active that I actually like to do and move.
    Exercise because I love my body, not because I hate it.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Glad you could join us ladycclear and thanks for sharing your goals with us! We wish you the very best!
  • lisastrauss
    lisastrauss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goals for the 16wks is to lose at least 10kg and to exercise at least 5 days a week.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Didn't manage to do any exercise today but I've set my alarm for 5.30 to do some in the morning before work.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Best wishes on hitting your goals @lisastrauss That's dedication @Healthy4me4ever ! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Options
    The early morning exercise happened but then I got a migraine. Probably not related so I'll do it again tomorrow as I 'm finding it easier to fit it in this way. Also weigh in tomorrow.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Options
    Lost a lb since last week, not as much as I'd hoped for but still good.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Good job @Healthy4me4ever !
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Going to the cabin with my husband for the weekend... hoping it is not to muddy and we can get some walking in to keep up the activity level. He has asked for some pretty high calorie meals so we shall see what the Monday weigh in brings me... hoping to be as good as I can over the weekend.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Best wishes @Sixlees I know it makes it even more challenging when a significant other isn't also participating with you but hopefully he is at least supportive! Have a great weekend, sounds like my kind of get away!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I got a new scale from fitbit and I weigh 5lbs more. I'm say about it!
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Let's get this party started! How's everyone doing? First week good? Me - uhhh not so much! Starting anew...feeling good and positive about the next 15 weeks!
  • AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1.4 lbs down, 15 weeks to go! Good job everyone!
  • jady333
    jady333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I kind of forgot about this challenge. My goal is to lose 20lbs within 16 weeks so I can finally be in onderland!
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Goals:
    Get back to a weight I feel good about - I'll be doing body measurements and take before and after photos
    Stop stress eating and junk food binging
    Decrease my added sugar intake to under 50g per day consistently

I didn't really embrace this challenge last week but I'm starting off today.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My first week was good, I feel like I spent it gearing up - lots of stretching and yoga to work out my sore muscles, dragged the weights out and got an arm workout in, and today the barbell I ordered arrived. I need to wait until i can get a ride home with it haha and I really hope the weights I already have fit on it. it was a bit of an impulse buy so I hope it works out and I can do some lifting at home! Also I walked every lunch hour, including today when it was raining.
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I learned a valuable lesson this week. 3 days of no treadmill, lazing around on the couch watching movies, combined with eating whatever I felt like eating, no concern for calories does NOT do well for trying to get fit. While time at the cabin is a refresher for my husband and I to get away, I will have to be more disciplined when we go. Disappointed to say that I picked back up 3 of those pounds I had dropped off. Back to it this morning. Did the 1/2 hour on the treadmill and felt better.