16 Week Goals and Progress

Options

Replies

• bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Been a bit busy so forgot to update when I weighed in on Friday. Down 2lbs. Have managed to fit in a lot of exercise over the weekend, my legs are particularly sore today so must be doing some good.

Great job! No pain no gain :) well not necessarily true at all but I'm sure it's a good sign! Keep up the good work!

• bruhaha007
    Options
    Sixlees wrote: »
    I reached my first goal weight! 10 pounds down! Glad to be making this life change... I now weigh what I did when I got pregnant with my youngest son over 16 years ago. I have gotten to this weight 3 times in the last 16 years and gained it all back. Not this time people, I am determined that I will never see 200 pounds again.

That's awesome, so proud of you! This is just the beginning :)

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat very well this weekend, which showed on the scale. I'm going to give myself a couple of days to even out from the salty food and then weight again. Yesterday I stocked up on healthy food for the week. I've been stretching every day and am proud of my consistency because if I don't keep my back in good shape I can'r do much!
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OK - so I started my own self challenge exactly 1 month ago... day after Valentines I decided that I had only 4 months left til I turn 50 and I did not want to be "fat at fifty". It was time for a change... I know all this weight won't be gone by then but I will have made a good dent in it. One month in and I am down 10.8 pounds. I am only 8 pounds from my next goal weight...when I hit that I will weigh less than I have weighed in 19 years. I am excited to know this is going to happen.
    I was proud of myself this morning - my husband has been getting up the last couple weeks and doing the treadmill while I do the daily dozen dvd, then I get on the treadmill. Today he was tired and hit snooze a couple times - skipped the treadmill...I still got up and did my treadmill, then the dvd anyway. Self discipline is the only way this will work for me I know.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @sixlees that's awesome!
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Wow, that is truly inspiring for me and others in this challenge @Sixlees Just imagine if you keep it up where you could possibly be by the end of this 16 weeks! Way to go! Keep it up!
  • Sixlees
    Options
    So this week is one of those emotional times I would have (and did) given up in the past. Yesterday was 6 months from one of the most devastating personal times I have ever encountered... what little self confidence I had was destroyed, trust shattered - my foundation was rocked. I have been recovering from that, rebuilding trust and restoring relationship... glad to say that much progress has been made in an area I never thought I would have to face. My dad also passed away 9 years ago today and the anniversary is always challenging. I am facing this day with strength and resolve... I will not give up the progress I have made... I will not let my emotions rule my life anymore...I have the self control and food will NOT make me feel better in the long run. I am proud of the changes I am making and I am worth it!
  • imogene912
    imogene912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, Sixlees. I'm sorry you're facing a struggle, but I can see within your words that you're determined and your light is shining.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Yes, that is really from the heart @Sixlees We are so proud of you and thankful you are sharing your highs and lows with us on your journey to better health! Keep up the great work you are doing and never give up!
  • Sixlees
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I got through the day... and best of all... I did not gain any weight! I did go to some comfort food (berry pie left from pie day :) )... overall it was a good day - focused on positive memories of times with my dad... talked with my grandkids about him as they never got to meet him... told some great stories that had me and my husband laughing. I am feeling so much stronger and determined than I ever have before... I will get healthy for me - want to hang around and play with those grandkids for a long time!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This week I lost 0.6 lbs. The coming week I have to work on not weighing every day as is really doesn't help me. And I have a new exercise dvd which I hope to do every day, started it today and I love it.
  • oliverthecat_
    oliverthecat_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3 1/2 pounds down on my starting weight, although managed to put on a little this week due to taking part in a chocolate cake cookery course. Was worth it though!

Back to the healthy diet again now.
  • Sixlees
    Options
    3 1/2 pounds down on my starting weight, although managed to put on a little this week due to taking part in a chocolate cake cookery course. Was worth it though!

Back to the healthy diet again now.

That sounds delicious. Hope you enjoyed it! Right back at it now
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow! Three weeks gone already. I've been making great progress. I'm down 6.8 pounds since the challenge started. I'm on the threshold to Onederland, so I'm really close to one of my mini goals. I also finished Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred yesterday. I was going to do 30 Day Shred, then P90X3, but I'm scrapping 30DS and setting up to start P90X3 tomorrow. I should finish that and this challenge around the same time. Last time I did P90X3, I lost 40 pounds, so I'm hoping for similar results this time around, too.
  • Sixlees
    Options
    Happy to say that with the high emotions of last week not only did I survive but I actually lost 3 pounds. Got through a phone call with my older sister with no tears (which never happens) and am feeling strong and ready to face this week. Thanks for all the support last week I really appreciate it. Hope everyone has a great week. Spring break at the University where I work but not for my kids high-school. Have a new coach starting so I will work Monday through Wednesday to get him acclimated and plan on taking off Thursday and Friday for a 4 day weekend
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Awesome job getting through a tough week @Sixlees ! Sounds like things are about to get intense @Dana_E ! :) Nice work! So much positive encouragement and feedback on this thread! Keep up all the great work everyone! Doing awesome!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Really happy this morning, lost 2.2lbs this week. Feeling very positive and motivated for the coming week.
  • AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Really happy this morning, lost 2.2lbs this week. Feeling very positive and motivated for the coming week.

Great job! I'm so happy for you
  • AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing so well! I had to go back and catch up!
  • Sixlees
    Options
    OK - did not do well this weekend... had lots of snow and really cold temps (like 4 degrees at 8 o'clock in the morning... just made me want to snuggle in).... candy in the house for the grandkids and no motivation... no excuses... get back to it. Gained back everything I had taken off in the last 10 days.