Replies

• dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Boxing and Mexican Hat Dance!! A fun family workout tonight!! :D
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it is the last week of the challenge already! While I haven't really made any progress, I have enjoyed this challenge (ok maybe not the dancing) and especially this team!
    Looks like lots to do this week, and I am determined to get myself in triathlon training mentality. The next 6 weeks are probably the toughest as I am still teaching, and it is a very busy time of year, but also starting to add in the swimming and the biking, which means double workouts after work.....once I actually get motivated and get started. Tonight was upper body lifting followed by a run. I'll check out the videos on one of my lighter days.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Two challenges completed! I did 5 rounds of the boxing and 5 rounds of the Mexican Hat Dance (even though I'm pretty sure that we only have to do one round each). They were actually fun! I'll keep doing the boxing if I can look like her, and the head bob in the Mexican Hat Dance had me laughing! :D
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Alright team! I'm back in action. I love boxing and you all know how I feel about dancing!! You guys are awesome! for sure let me know if you guys do another challenge. I'm so sad this is over next week.
  • hawkins410
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    Alright team! I'm back in action. I love boxing and you all know how I feel about dancing!! You guys are awesome! for sure let me know if you guys do another challenge. I'm so sad this is over next week.

I'm sure the team would love a video of you and the Mexican Hat Dance!! I think you live the closest to Mexico. Or maybe I do, but THAT isn't going to happen!! :p Maybe next time ;) Glad you are back!! :)
  • dtplow
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! Home this morning with a kid "who feels a little sick ;) " I think he just needs a little TLC today!! He is settled in on the couch and I am going to do my boxing now!
    Pouring rain here today but at least it isnt snow!!!!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I shared this on Facebook today and wanted to share it with my awesome team!!!

fga3g202wqrf.png
  • hawkins410
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here's the link to the Nutrition/Accountability Challenge: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10378681/amazing-race-my-achievements#latest
    It's very simple and was kind of fun to do! Got me thinking about what a great team we are, and how much you all have helped me and effected me. <3
    But, enough sappiness! There are 1,190 Challenge Points waiting to be grabbed by our team (85 x 14), so just...
    GRAB THEM, CRUSH THEM, CHEW THEM UP AND SPIT THEM OUT. It doesn't matter what you do with them,
    JUST DO THEM!! :):D;)
  • ka97
    Options
    Spent half the day at (and traveling to) a doctors appointment with my wife. I'm going to try really hard to eat healthy for dinner on the way home, but that could be quite a challenge. It's been a long stressful day. I did get in some lifting before we left this afternoon so at least I did something.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @ka97, I sure hope all is OK! Take care!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @ka97 hope everything is ok! And if today isn't worthy of a pass, I don't know what is!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!! Home this morning with a kid "who feels a little sick ;) " I think he just needs a little TLC today!! He is settled in on the couch and I am going to do my boxing now!
    Pouring rain here today but at least it isnt snow!!!!

Wow he lets you workout! You got him trained. When my girls were home we watched ENDLESS Dumbo with my elder and the mermaid with the other!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my kids first day back at school. I'm nervous about leaving him for so long, but it's been a week with no seizures and he really wants to go back. Luckily I have some challenges to keep me busy. @ka97 I hope everything is well with your family!
  • dtplow
    Options
    @ka97 hope everything is okay with your wife! Thinking of you...
    @Diana6ft so awesome your son wants to go back! It would be great if we could pack them in cotton wool to keep them safe... but we have to let our little birds fly free! Hope he (and you)
    have a great day!!!!

I had a tough food day yesterday... lets just call it cookiepalooza and move on. Today is a new day!! Happy Hump Day Team
  • ka97
    Options
    @dtplow - I had pizzapalooza last night :o
    Thanks guys. We will be waiting on test results for a few weeks.
    Today I was TIRED; legs yesterday and then all that sitting at the doctor's office, and driving in traffic - yeah I was tired. Got my 6.5ish mile run done, ate some cereal for dinner, and will try to knock out one or more of those videos shortly.
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ok boxing and mexican hat dance done! Need to find time to workout this week (hard when you have to spend time entertaining visitors at work). So no lunch time break and at night I have to take her out to dinner UGH. So tough week for me regarding exercising and eating well. :(
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    @ka97 waiting for results are the pits. Take care of yourself. You guys are in my prayers.
  • dtplow
    Options
    Mexican dancing done..... which wasnt easy without seeing feet!! Boxing also done.
    Will do yoga tommorrow....
    @ka97 waiting is the worst! But working out will help with that stress! Take care of each other. <3
  • mswanger09
    Options
    I completed the roadblocks last night and decided to keep the Mexican theme going with a little tequila when I was done.
  • dtplow
    Options
    @mswanger09 LOL I like your style!! ;)