Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options
murdog3t
murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
Golden tickets out. we need to do 256 minutes per person a little more cuz we have 1 MIA. I love all of these challenges! I already avoid white sugars so that's should be easy, and I've already friended, or attempted to friend everyone on our team. (still waiting for friend acceptance from valtheran0). Posting 5 times on our thread this week should not be a problem and I plan on messaging many members regularly anyway, as team leader, so there's easy points there! And Greek food has lots of variety so that is a real treat! Just need to check out that dance and arm challenge . Don't forget to check out the fun workout challenge #1 thread , Bring it on!

Replies

• Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll post here then, There are three people on the team 6 list that I'm not friends with yet, it's Ahawkinss494, sillymetwo, and valtheran0. Other than that, I just went for a bike ride of 47 minutes and will be taking my sister to do some sightseeing in Amsterdam in a bit.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Goooooooooood Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!

How are all you awesome people? Ready to rock this race?!?!? What are your plans for these challenges? I have to work on the arm challenges tonight. I was working them during my morning workout and want to give them a little break at the moment. So far this morning I have 25 miles(minutes) in!

Don't worry if you are feeling a little sluggish, you got this! And you can do it!
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Dreaded Mondays! I forgot to set my early alarm this morning so I missed my gym time before work. I will be going tonight though!! Hope everyone has a good Monday.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Day one of arm challenge checked off (did with my 8 yr old)! 40 minutes of exercise for the day. Looking forward to working on the dance tomorrow
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    So, I may be a little socially media challenged! Missed the whole introduction thread. And like others had a weight problem since grade school. Some years it has been in control. Other years not so much. You would think at 59 years old I would have it figured out!! My last big issue was nine years ago when my sister was diagnosed. For every pound she lost I ate back three. It took me 60 pounds to realize me ruining my health wouldn't help hers! So I got rid of 64 pounds. Kept 50 off without issue for about five years.. But the last 10-15 are tough. I'm 5'2" have 5 to lose. I love skiing . I'm a fair weather cycler and do zumba and other DVDs.
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @murdog3t, If I am doing the math correct we need to do 271 minutes each. Would that be correct? This is based off the one team member being MIA.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How many members do we have ? Only 11 people on our team challenge spreadsheet at this point.....
  • mswanger09
    edited March 2016
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »
    How many members do we have ? Only 11 people on our team challenge spreadsheet at this point.....

I took the count from the Amazing Race Roster thread.

If we are really down to 11 people, that would be 444 minutes each!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm with mswanger's first count of 19 on the Team 6 Roster, minus the MIA guy, leaves 18 of us awesome gals to travel 4882 miles: approx. 271-272 miles (minutes) each this week. Look out Greece, here we come! B)
  • Andtian2_4
    Options
    Quick question.. With roadblock 1, do we need to upload a short video of us doing it and for roadblock two do we add pics to this thread? Or just tick it off on the spreadsheet?
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Andtian2_4 wrote: »
    Quick question.. With roadblock 1, do we need to upload a short video of us doing it and for roadblock two do we add pics to this thread? Or just tick it off on the spreadsheet?

Mallowbar said that we don't need to post a video for Roadblock 1. It's a fun one! I have been giving it a go and am trying to memorize it so I can do it without watching the utube. It's taking awhile, but the minutes go by quickly and she said every minute of practice counts! :)
  • Andtian2_4
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Andtian2_4 wrote: »

Mallowbar said that we don't need to post a video for Roadblock 1. It's a fun one! I have been giving it a go and am trying to memorize it so I can do it without watching the utube. It's taking awhile, but the minutes go by quickly and she said every minute of practice counts! :)

Thanks.. Hope you all having a great Monday so far, but I'm pooped from walking 20,000 steps today and I think a shower and good book in bed is due.. Good night from the Netherlands (its 20:30 here)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday
    Our MIA person will not be joining us if they check in again later he will be added back
    So that means 272 minutes per person minimum.
    Please add your own name to spreadsheet
    And be accountable on this thread with updates so I can keep track . Personal message me if you have questions I don't always look at the threads right away. We are all here for the common goal getting healthy look forward to hear from you guys daily. I am on call this week till next Monday I'll check in on us as time permits otherwise happy travels
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry guys, but I will not be able to fulfill the exercise minutes this week. Normally, it would not be a problem as I average 6-8 hours a week of exercise/training. It's unfortunate that yesterday's half marathon doesn't count, but I understand that those are the rules. I've been excited about this challenge, so the timing of it all just kinda sucks. This week has been planned as a rest and recovery week, and I have been needing it and looking forward to it. My last couple of weeks of training were really tough, and I was starting to show signs of overtraining. The ultra competitive part of me has thought about going ahead and doing the challenge minutes - in fact I even brought my swim bag to work today. But I just can't. I need to take care of my body (and mind) and right now it needs rest. I expect that by the end of the week I'll be itching to work out, and so I can commit to 120 minutes, but I can't promise anything more than that.
    I do understand that this puts an burden on everyone else. If the team would prefer that I drop out so that you can replace me with someone else, I would understand.

Otherwise, I am planning to do the Greek roadblock (greek yogurt and spinach already for today), and the accountability and nutritional challenges (though I have to admit I am quite overwhelmed with having to post to all the different threads). I think I have friended everyone and added my name to the spreadsheet, but I will double check . I will also try to do the arm challenge as I don't think that will interfere much with the rest and recovery process.
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »

Where do I get the team sitter sheet so I can addmyself and all the stuff I'm doing?
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, but I will not be able to fulfill the exercise minutes this week. Normally, it would not be a problem as I average 6-8 hours a week of exercise/training. It's unfortunate that yesterday's half marathon doesn't count, but I understand that those are the rules. I've been excited about this challenge, so the timing of it all just kinda sucks. This week has been planned as a rest and recovery week, and I have been needing it and looking forward to it. My last couple of weeks of training were really tough, and I was starting to show signs of overtraining. The ultra competitive part of me has thought about going ahead and doing the challenge minutes - in fact I even brought my swim bag to work today. But I just can't. I need to take care of my body (and mind) and right now it needs rest. I expect that by the end of the week I'll be itching to work out, and so I can commit to 120 minutes, but I can't promise anything more than that.
    I do understand that this puts an burden on everyone else. If the team would prefer that I drop out so that you can replace me with someone else, I would understand.

Otherwise, I am planning to do the Greek roadblock (greek yogurt and spinach already for today), and the accountability and nutritional challenges (though I have to admit I am quite overwhelmed with having to post to all the different threads). I think I have friended everyone and added my name to the spreadsheet, but I will double check . I will also try to do the arm challenge as I don't think that will interfere much with the rest and recovery process.

We got you!
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    Goooooooooood Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!

How are all you awesome people? Ready to rock this race?!?!? What are your plans for these challenges? I have to work on the arm challenges tonight. I was working them during my morning workout and want to give them a little break at the moment. So far this morning I have 25 miles(minutes) in!

Don't worry if you are feeling a little sluggish, you got this! And you can do it!

Thanks for the encouragement! Really helps motivate me to get the rest of my challenges done!
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »

• bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ka97 don't drop out. I'm sure all of us at some point will not be able to do everything that is being asked...it's a lot to do. Don't worry about it, I'm sure the minutes will be picked up by all of us and it will be covered. I'm impressed that you ran a half marathon! I'm working on a 5K.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    So I just posted on the spreadsheet 129 for 129 minutes total. I noticed that some others added comments but I am thinking that we should just post the number of minutes so the minutes can be tabulated? Strong day for me! usually I am about 60 minutes. I do a DVD in the mornings - but it was a beautiful day in northeast Ohio and I got a walk in during lunch plus I tried out a new weights class after work.