Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @ka97, I have started and stopped C25K several times and finished it once without actually being able to run 3.1 miles and not stop and walk. I can't even imagine what your body feels like right now. Great job on getting into the pool!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @ka97.... B)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    leti126 wrote: »
    Yay Friday!! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend :-) any fun plans?!

I got my cardio and arm challenge in today. Ate spinach in my eggs this morning.

Keep up the awesome work team!

Leti, I just realized what the sign in your profile picture picture says!! I love it! Check it out team! :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    leti126 wrote: »
    Yay Friday!! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend :-) any fun plans?!

I got my cardio and arm challenge in today. Ate spinach in my eggs this morning.

Keep up the awesome work team!

Leti, I just realized what the sign in your profile picture picture says!! I love it! Check it out team! :)

I just checked it out and I second that thought........LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    OK everyone, I got the "skinny" from mallowbar on how the point system works. I was pretty confused, but I think I've got it now! :)
    1. When our team accumulates enough miles to reach Greece (which I expect we will soon!): 15 pts. PLUS one point extra for every 10% over!!
    2. Roadblock #1 (Mamma Mia): 10 pts.
    3. Roadblock #2 (Greek Food): 2 pts/day...10 pts. maximum (even if you want to keep going & do 6 or 7 days)
    Both Roadblocks will be added in this week!
    4. Nutritional Challenge: 1 pt./day...5 pts. maximum
    5. Accountability Challenge: 2 pts./day...10 pts. maximum (but let's keep going on this one!!)
    6. Arm/Squat Challenge: 1 pt./day...5 pts. maximum

Minutes spent on all challenges count as miles! We won't have so many challenges every week, so she encourages to take advantage of as many as possible!

I really think we've got a wonderful group! Yay 6 Degrees of Awesome :)
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 @mswanger09
    Thanks! I thought it was appropriate for our group and mindset! You are all awesome!!!!
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We are almost there! Goal for tomorrow is to take dog for a walk and go to my spin class so I should get about 120 min tomorrow. Happy Friday everyone!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    No, don't drop out!!! We all know you will be participating. We have 7 more weeks! You are doing a smart thing following your training schedule and resting.
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    @mswanger09 - I feel like I was very up front about explaining my situation in my first post, and I did offer to drop from the challenge if the team wanted.

You're fine, don't worry about it....I think she was just inquiring. :)
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is my day off from working out, but I did continue with my "white out" and ate Greek today. I also did the arm challenge. Back at it in the morning....heading to the gym for Zumba!
  • Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Day 1: Amazing Race 45 min cardio and 15 min squats and deadlifts for a total of 60 min. bonus* Greek yogurt for a snack
    Day 2: 60 min cardio, 60 min core for a total 120 Bonus* Greek salad for lunch
    Day 3: 60 min cardio
    Day 4: 60 min cardio, 30 min upper body/squats total 90 min
    Day 5:
    Total Miles: 330
    Total Bonus points: 4
    Extra Credit: ❌
    Accountability Challenge: ❌

@jamacianredhair Added your minutes and second road block days. Great job with 330minutes in 4 days.
  • Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I see on the spreadsheet that not everyones info is in. If need be and if you having trouble adding it, you can send me a pm or post it here and I will add them. I just thought I would offer my help that way.
    I have to say, I really like this group. The posts and likes on each others status or here is really like a great community. I never had this type of support here on MFP before and I'm liking/loving it. Thanks everyone, may we keep encouraging each other and checking in. We have 364.5 miles (7.47%) to go... Let's do this
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @hawkins410 , thank you getting the skinny! It helps to make things look clearer. So any overage we have will act as kind of a head start to the next location?

And I was looking over some of the numbers on the spreadsheet, based on what has been post so far, we are kicking some butt! Keep it up team!!!

Aiming to get in about 120 minutes in today. We are going out for dinner and drinks with friends and we will be seeing a band play, so trying to build in a cushion for my calorie for the day/night.

Keep up the awesome work team! We can do this!!!!!
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm volunteering in an outdoor event today which requires LOTS of walking! My numbers will be great today. I'll enter on spreadsheet later. Go team!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    We only have a little over 100 miles left to go!!!!!!

We are amazing!!!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Checking in quick and early in case I forget later. Ran 5 miles this morning. Haven't eaten yet but I'm sure there will be some Greek yogurt involved
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Again posts from phone are getting cut off. Anyone else having this problem???
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone we've made it to Greece!! Actually we've made it past Greece haha:-) keep up the good work!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Andtian2_4 wrote: »
    I see on the spreadsheet that not everyones info is in. If need be and if you having trouble adding it, you can send me a pm or post it here and I will add them. I just thought I would offer my help that way.
    I have to say, I really like this group. The posts and likes on each others status or here is really like a great community. I never had this type of support here on MFP before and I'm liking/loving it. Thanks everyone, may we keep encouraging each other and checking in. We have 364.5 miles (7.47%) to go... Let's do this

Thanks so much for all your guys help
    It takes a team
  • hawkins410
    Options
    We are in freaking Greece!! :)B) What an AWESOME TEAM! I agree with the others...I really think we have a great bunch and the words of encouragement & offers of help have gone a long way! Don't forget, if we make it to 10% past the 4882 miles, we get bonus points. Also, I'm at a laptop today so I can help with any logging. Make sure you count every day you have given a "woot" or a "yay" or a "like" for the Accountability Challenge. Keep up the awesome work everyone!
    THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME GET OFF MY DUFF AND HAVE SOME AMAZING FUN! <3