Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian so my plate is always a rainbow :)
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »

Oh yay, a vegetarian! My husband is one, so I've been thinking about the Irish inspired meal we are supposed to make for Roadblock #2. Since we won't be making corn beef and cabbage, have you thought about a vegetarian alternative yet? I saw a carrot souffle recipe that didn't look too bad, but it was pretty fattening. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed to see another dance challenge, but oh well. I won't be cooking any irish meals, so I guess I'll be dancing this week. Let's hope I don't break anything!

At first I interpreted the food challenge as eat each color each day. And then I thought maybe it was each at least one of the colors at each meal, and each color at least once during the week. Now I'm just confused. I've got all the colors today, so maybe I'll just go with that. I eat lots of veggies and fruit, so it's not too difficult. I've been pretty inconsistent about logging my food lately, so the accountability challenge is a good one for me.

Today was a planned rest day, though I thought several times about doing an easy swim or run. It's really hard for me to hold back, even when I know it's the right thing. There's still that little voice in the back of my head that says, "but......."
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wellllll I had a banana with my lunch does that count as yellow?! Haha 30 min ab ripper x completed, sorry it was a long day at work for me. Back in the gym tomorrow :D
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wellllll I had a banana with my lunch does that count as yellow?! Haha 30 min ab ripper x completed, sorry it was a long day at work for me. Back in the gym tomorrow :D

In my opinion the banana counts! I understand about the long day and add the time change here in MO it makes for a very tiring one as well. I only got in 20 min. but I plan on hitting the gym hard tomorrow as well.
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I ate red peppers and cucumbers in my salad, an orange, sweet potato and green beans so I hit several colors not even trying hard! I picked up some blueberries and cauliflower today to hit those two colors some time this week. I can do this challenge, no problem!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »

Oh yay, a vegetarian! My husband is one, so I've been thinking about the Irish inspired meal we are supposed to make for Roadblock #2. Since we won't be making corn beef and cabbage, have you thought about a vegetarian alternative yet? I saw a carrot souffle recipe that didn't look too bad, but it was pretty fattening. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

What about a shepherd's pie with mushrooms instead of ground meat?
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    hawkins410 wrote: »

What about a shepherd's pie with mushrooms instead of ground meat?

Lentils are a great substitute for ground meat!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for this week of colors!
    Today I ate:
    -Red apple and tomato
    - green cucumber and avocado

I look forward to hitting other colors this week! I also did cardio and did some Abb challenge
    Hope everyone has a good week!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I easily ate all of the colors in the rainbow today! Also logged 115 miles!! That Irish jig is kicking my butt. My hamstrings are going to be sore tomorrow.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hawkins 410 vegetarian Irish meal ideas... I've been thinking colcannon ( cabbage and potatoes). This looks good too
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/vegetarian_shepherds_pie.html
    There is always Irish coffee as well :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning to ya... 6 degrees of awesome: the new spreadsheet is up don't forget to put your miles in. We are off to a great start. 4882 miles to travel that is 271.2 minutes per person do your best.. the Irish dance &* food should be easy. continue to be accountable to each other by posting encouragements on each others posts ... Once I figure everything out I'll let you know where we stand in the rankings. Have a great night

• tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I missed something here but are we supposed to count the amount of "colors" and enter that on the nutritional spreadsheet or that would be for the number of points? I eat tomatoes, mixed berries and some type of veggie every day so that should be an easy one to achieve. Just need to know how to account for it
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @mswanger, @leti126, @dtplow: Thank you so much for the Irish vegetarian meal suggestions! We've got a problem though. My husband doesn't like mushrooms, I don't like lentils or cabbage, and we don't drink, so that rules out the Irish coffee! :D I found this recipe that I might try: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/asparagus-and-spring-onion-tart/ although I'll have to dance the jig quite a bit to work off the calories! I'll keep looking and will still appreciate any and all input! :)
    @murdog3t, I think there may be an error on the spreadsheet. Ireland is only 2883 miles, although I know this awesome team will go much further!! B)

I started my rainbow with green spinach in my smoothie, worked on two videos, and logged my calories and exercise on my MFP profile.
    I think that about sums it up! Time to hit the hay, or I'll be "foostering in the morn" !! :p
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    So I have no idea what it is called, but there is very definitely purple leafed "lettuce" in the spring mix that I buy for my salads. Purple is an easy one for me. "red" cabbage looks very purple too! We went to Ireland three years ago for our 25th anniversary. Scones and blackberry jam and steel cut oatmeal for breakfast! Lots and Lots of fish too.
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Good Morning all you awesome people! Everyone having fun in their travels to Ireland?

I am hoping to work on the dancing tonight. I am continuing to eat the rainbow, enjoying my salads.

I adjusted the miles on the spreadsheet to reflect the 2883 miles that are needed.

@120maggie, I think you are enjoying some radicchio in your spring mix salad.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    Maybe but I think as that as purplish red and white?? This stuff almost looks like dyed spinach . but hopefully not.! Its supposed to be organic!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Maybe but I think as that as purplish red and white?? This stuff almost looks like dyed spinach . but hopefully not.! Its supposed to be organic!!

Now I am really curious about what the mystery leaves are in your salad.
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    hawkins 410 vegetarian Irish meal ideas... I've been thinking colcannon ( cabbage and potatoes). This looks good too
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/vegetarian_shepherds_pie.html
    There is always Irish coffee as well :)

that's what i'm making too
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    Good morning team. I finally did some resistance training, and I feel great! I'm looking forward to some dancing later! Have a good day everyone!!