Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be fun! And I was planning of making corn beef and cabbage this week anyway:) rainbow plate is cool :) what veggies/fruit can be done for blue and purple?
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @leti126 blueberries and beets :)
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @leti126 blueberries and beets :)
    haha didn't even think about blueberries! Wish they were in season now though too expensive. I'll find something though! Thanks

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Eggplant & grapes
  • Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just calculated the distance for our group of 18 people, we all need 160 minutes to get to Ireland, ladies.. I think that is what most of us do in about 2 days of workouts. Maybe it is just me and my location, but is the second video unavailable to anyone else? @ka97, I think this will help with your recovery week.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Top of the morning everyone! :) This sounds like a fun week! The dances look like great cardio and I'm looking forward to learning to join the Riverdance troupe when we reach Dublin ;)@Andtian2_4, I can't load the 2nd or last video either...hopefully a glitch that will be straightened out by Tuesday.
    I took a peek at the other team's spreadsheets, and although I have no idea how to figure out the points (may the luck of the Irish be with you on that one, @murdog3t!), we definitely killed it in miles traveled! Way to go Team!! :smiley:

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    very fun. Did the first two videos after Zumba this morning. The second link doesn't work, but the third link has the first basic step.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410, I am not looking at overage points, but we really killed it on mileage!! I think we have the most miles.

Top O' the morning to you lovely people!! I have my first 25 in for the journey.

Working on figuring out how to get blue into my food this week. I am having salad this week that has lots of green and orange and purple. I have meatballs in tomato sauce. I do need to stop at the store tonight so I can grab something blue then.

Hope you all have a great day and a safe start to Ireland!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Food Rainbow update! Here is the link to the thread that address this challenge. It doesn't have to be every single color in one day!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10352564/color-your-plate-rainbow-food-challenge#latest

Hope this helps everyone out.
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can definitely do the food colors and we love corned beef and cabbage at my house, so I will be busting out the crock pot on Tuesday night! I'm not sure if I will load point correctly or not, but hopefully my 'yes's and no's' will be good enough?! Good luck to everyone this week!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    I asked, and the leprechaun named mallowbar answered: we DO get extra credit again for every 10% we go over the necessary miles to get to the Emerald Isle! We achieved 50% when the mileage was high; just think what we can do on this leg! :) Go Team 6 degrees of awesome!! :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I changed the yes & no's to point value if you said yes I put 10 or have partial credit (4/7) = 8 (5/7 6/7 or 7/7 ) = 10 I will tabulate tonight and make the new spread sheet. Don't forget to do yo roadblocks video 2 is having problems I hear try reaching it on YouTube???? The new abs challenge is up so give it a try . Colors of the rainbow is a challenge this week try to get all colors listed in this week should be easy. Squat & arm hopefully your hanging tough
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think it is
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    Food Rainbow update! Here is the link to the thread that address this challenge. It doesn't have to be every single color in one day!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10352564/color-your-plate-rainbow-food-challenge#latest

I read it as at least one of every color everyday ( I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like much of a challenge if its one color per day). And it's blue OR purple. I recommend fig butter from trader joe's. It taste great with peanut butter, and it's purple. Or you can do frozen mixed berries and make a smoothie.
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    Last week was challenging for me. I did a lot of emotional eating. If I was on my own I would probably throw my hands up and say oh well. I'm super grateful for this challenge and for everyone's encouragement. I'm going to really focus on making healthy food choices this week. Good luck everyone!!
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    I didn't make it clear. Without this challenge I would have given up.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »

:smiley: Sure glad you are on our team!! :)

• Diana6ft
    Options
    I found the last video on youtube. It's called Irish step dancing for beginners: combining Irish step dancing moves. It's SOOOOOO fun!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    I think it is
    mswanger09 wrote: »

I read it as at least one of every color everyday ( I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like much of a challenge if its one color per day). And it's blue OR purple. I recommend fig butter from trader joe's. It taste great with peanut butter, and it's purple. Or you can do frozen mixed berries and make a smoothie.

All this is the section we are trying to make sense of:

I want you for five out of seven days color your plate with one or more of the following. Red, orange or yellow,blue or purple,green and white. Thry can be fruit or veg. You must eat each at least once out of the five days.

I am taking it that you pick either Red, Yellow or Orange and eat something of that color. Pick blue or Purple and eat that. Green and white are "mandatory" And you must eat each at least once in the five days, meaning that as long as you hit all colors in the week, you are good for the points.

What do you all think?

@Diana6ft, I am sorry that you had a rough week. Just remember we are here for you whenever you need somewhere to vent. We got you!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Hope this week is better for you! Good for you for sticking it out last week,
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It's already starting off great! As far as the rainbow plate thing goes, I'm going to eat one of each everyday. I really need something to help me focus on good nutrition.