Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I can't believe I am finally in Greece!!!! It is so beautiful!!!! So glad that I am here with you awesome people, OPA!

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    We are so there and going for bonus points!!!! :):)
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I just saw our team is now 20% over! Way to go!! As @mswanger said, OPA! :smiley:
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wanted to cry this morning. My stupid alarm clock app didn't work and I missed my opportunity to hike. Then I ate a bunch of crap :( My goal for this week was 360 miles and I only did 345. It's definitely a respectable number though. Sundays are my rest days, so I'll try again next week. Also the dancing has been pretty fun.

As a team we're killing it!! One week down, seven to go!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Hey Diana! 345 rocks! B)
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    We are in freaking Greece!! :)B) What an AWESOME TEAM! I agree with the others...I really think we have a great bunch and the words of encouragement & offers of help have gone a long way! Don't forget, if we make it to 10% past the 4882 miles, we get bonus points. Also, I'm at a laptop today so I can help with any logging. Make sure you count every day you have given a "woot" or a "yay" or a "like" for the Accountability Challenge. Keep up the awesome work everyone!
    THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME GET OFF MY DUFF AND HAVE SOME AMAZING FUN! <3

Awesome! I still have to log the rest of my info today. Good job team!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Good morning you amazing people!!!!!! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Don't forget to log hour activities! If you are having trouble, post it here in this thread and someone will make sure it gets added. Also include if you did the Mamma Mia dance, Greek food, arm challenge and the nutrition challenge.

We rocked this trip to Greece, can't wait to see where we go next!
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :p did everyone spring forward today? Or is that just my part of the world?! Hope everyone is having a marvelous weekend!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Morning workout (lifting) is done and I have updated in the spreadsheet (hopefully correctly). Now I spend several hours with the laptop planning lessons and materials for the work/school week, and then prepping vegetables for lunches and snacks.
    My workout plan for this week is two days of rest, two days of lifting, and three days of running with at least one double session so I can also do a swim or a spin class. The two days of rest will be the hardest to stick to, but I feel like my body is still in recovery mode so I know I've got to make myself include some rest time. The half marathon itself wasn't an issue, but too many weeks of running and lifting without adequate rest/recovery, and I feel like I'm still paying for it. I am looking forward to this week's challenge(s) and being able to actually participate and contribute!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    RachaelB11 wrote: »
    :p did everyone spring forward today? Or is that just my part of the world?! Hope everyone is having a marvelous weekend!

I sprung forward, and thanks to that I am going on 3 hours sleep.
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We killed it this week team! I'm so proud to be part of such a successful and motivating team! I'm looking forward to see the challenges of the coming week! Sunday is my homework day though I hope to get outside for a little. Though I am already behind because I woke up later than I realized with daylight a savings. Always takes me a little time to get used to. Keep up the great job everyone :-)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    RachaelB11 wrote: »

We sprung forward, but now my morning hikes will have to be cut a little shorter because I can't hike in the dark! Maybe I can just be late for work! :D
    I just put the 45 minutes of exercise that @ahawkins494 did yesterday on the spreadsheet. I hope that wasn't overstepping my bounds :o but with those 45 minutes, we are now within about 17 minutes of reaching an extra 30%! :)
    If anyone objects, just let me know and I will remove it. B)
    Can't wait to see where this awesome team is heading to next!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Oops, I jumped the gun! :p@ahawkins494 has been camping with no access to the Internet, but has a lot of exercise to log when she gets home tonight. Yipee!! :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Oops, I jumped the gun! :p@ahawkins494 has been camping with no access to the Internet, but has a lot of exercise to log when she gets home tonight. Yipee!! :)

This is so exciting!!!!!! I can't wait to see our final number!!!
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Amazing Race 45 min cardio and 15 min squats and deadlifts for a total of 60 min. bonus* Greek yogurt for a snack
    Day 2: 60 min cardio, 60 min core for a total 120 Bonus* Greek salad for lunch
    Day 3: 60 min cardio
    Day 4: 60 min cardio, 30 min arms total 90 min
    Day 5: 30 min arms
    Day 6: 60 min cardio
    Day 7: 45 min cardio
    Total Miles: 465
    Total Bonus points: 4
    Extra Credit: ❌
    Accountability Challenge: ❌
    Sorry I didn't post this sooner but I had my step daughters over this weekend, have been busy
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Does anyone on our awesome team have an Irish brogue??! Because mallowbar posted that we are to think green, rainbows, and pots of gold for our next destination! Where else would we be going for St. Paddy's Day other than IRELAND?!! :)
    Maybe we will get to dance an Irish jig! ;)
    At the amazing speed this fantastic 6 degrees of awesome team has, we should make it in time for St. Paddy's! I'm super excited because I'm one quarter Irish (but no corn beef and cabbage please), so I'll offer up the first toast for this leg of the race:
    "May the wind be always at your back"!!
    Best of luck to all of ye! <3
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @hawkins410, Ireland would be awesome!!! And we will be there in a day since we are so awesome!!!!

Where did you see the post hinting to next week?
  • hawkins410
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    @hawkins410, Ireland would be awesome!!! And we will be there in a day since we are so awesome!!!!

Where did you see the post hinting to next week?

"Think green, rainbows and pots of gold. Lol ... I will have it posted tonight." Pg. 4...Amazing Race. Get Your Golden Ticket thread. I had the luck of the Irish with me when I was resting my feet and just randomly reading threads!! :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Just saw something about having a rainbow on our plates, good thing I was planning on have side salads at lunch everyday!
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I was wondering how we were going to do the nutritional part...bangers and mash aren't usually considered diet food! :p