Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Found a new profile picture to reflect our awesome team! 71% of the way there...way to go team! :)

Nice!!!!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    I exercised for 85 minutes, commented on peoples things, and stuffed some spinach in my mouth after dinner.

Spinach after dinner?! I hope you had a chaser with that! :p

I realized that I didn't eat anything greek, so I took it for the team!
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    leti126 wrote: »
    Everyone is doing awesome! Hope you all are having a fabulous day! We're 65% of the way to our miles goal! So happy tomorrow is Friday!

Today I got my greek yogurt in, got cardio, arm challenge and a little mama mia! I've been keeping up and posting on other members when they pop up!

Keep going strong team!

We're 74% now!
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    I did my 6 mile walk today and I totally crushed it (or "crunched it" if you're a fan of Miranda Sings!). There was a woman on the trail ahead of me. She was going pretty fast. I felt such an urge to pass her, so I walked my butt of until I did. I practiced the dance, ate greek yogurt, and posted for the accountability challenge.

I have to say, I'm impressed with all of the miles we're putting in as a team. Keep it up guys!!
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    We really are rocking it! Crappy day so just my morning Zumba with Mama Mia and some arms tonight. Nothing outside. Found a jar of Greek seasonings in the back of my spices. Who knows how old it is so I used a very liberal amount and made my own "Greek" chicken stir fry with onions, spinach, lemon and garlic. Not sure if couscous is Greek, but it worked with the stir fry!

Sounds good...some of the best food is improvised!
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercise is done even though it was not as long as I had hoped....other commitments, and it's rest day on the arm challenge. I did stay sugar free today and I had Greek yogurt and spinach.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Today squat challenge done, arm challenge rest day but I actually rested yesterday so I did arms today. 11000+ steps in...
    Nutritional challenge on target. I was right in the middle of my leg workout today & got called into work....grrrrr. not a happy mama....
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I exercised for 85 minutes, commented on peoples things, and stuffed some spinach in my mouth after dinner.

Spinach after dinner?! I hope you had a chaser with that! :p

I realized that I didn't eat anything greek, so I took it for the team!

What a team player! :)
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Awesome people!!' We are almost 80% of the way there!!!!! You guys rock!!!!

I have a few questions for anyone who has done the amazing race before.

What happens if we have people who don't log miles? Do we have all have to do extra miles to make up for it? I remember seeing something in the rules about having to do equal work or something to that affect.

And what happens if we go over the miles and we have an overage? And how do the bonus points work?

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @mswanger09 - I feel like I was very up front about explaining my situation in my first post, and I did offer to drop from the challenge if the team wanted.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    @mswanger09 - I feel like I was very up front about explaining my situation in my first post, and I did offer to drop from the challenge if the team wanted.

Oh you were, and of course no one wants you to drop!!! :o Many of us are just very confused on the rules, partial credits, etc. But I am pretty sure you can add the minutes you are spending on the arm challenge though! I have a feeling you will KILL the minutes (miles) next week! :)
  • mswanger09
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »

Oh you were, and of course no one wants you to drop!!! :o Many of us are just very confused on the rules, partial credits, etc. But I am pretty sure you can add the minutes you are spending on the arm challenge though! I have a feeling you will KILL the minutes (miles) next week! :)

@ka97 I am sorry you took it that I was calling you out or implying that you should have dropped out, I wasn't.

I was just merely asking questions regarding the rules, not just for this week but for future weeks. I also have no problem stepping up and taking on extra miles, I just would like to know so that I can plan for the extra time needed to work out. There are just a lot of threads and challenges and rules that it is hard to keep things straight and I was just trying to get a better understanding as to how the Amazing Race challenge works.

Again, I am sorry.
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Found a new profile picture to reflect our awesome team! 71% of the way there...way to go team! :)

Love it!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Thanks Faith! We should make workout T-shirts! lol!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Thanks Faith! We should make workout T-shirts! lol!

I want one!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Six Degrees on the front...of Awesome on the back? ;)
  • mswanger09
    Options

YES!!!!!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Fun idea!

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yay Friday!! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend :-) any fun plans?!

I got my cardio and arm challenge in today. Ate spinach in my eggs this morning.

Keep up the awesome work team!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @mswanger09 - it's ok - I think I was being overly sensitive.

And I'm not very good at resting. Even though I know I needed the rest, and even though I had been looking forward to it for several weeks, it's hard for me to actually go through with it. The first couple of days weren't bad, but then I started feeling like I "should" be working out. Yesterday it felt like I hadn't exercised in a loooooong time, but really it was only a total of 4 days off. I'm not really at the point where I'm anxious and eager to workout, and I haven't turned into the wicked witch of the west just yet - which is how I know I'm not quite fully recovered. But that little voice in the back of my head is starting to nag me that I "need" to workout. This is actually where it gets dangerous because it would be too easy to jump right back in at 100%, when really I need to build back gradually.

I did do a swim today. I actually brought three bags to work today - gym bag, run bag, and swim bag - and at the end of the day I felt like swimming, so I went with it. It actually felt really good to get in the pool. I will probably lift one day over the weekend, and do a short run on the other day, but still kind of going with what my body feels like day to day.

I hadn't thought to count the time from the arms challenge. Its really only a few minutes.