Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I made a post that I will edit daily as I go, is this weeks race considered 5 days or 7? Also I will not be doing the arm challenge or squat challenge as I am on a schedule for what I work on each day to give my muscles recovery time. I also cannot comment on posts from my phone (my laptop is packed away because I am moving soon) so I guess that takes me out of the accountability challenge as well. Don't worry I will pull as many miles as I can and am working on bonus points with the Greek food road block ;)
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone's doing great so far! I got a 60 min workout in today! 45mins cardio and then did some arm challenge for 15mins. I ate Greek yogurt this morning. I plan on doing road block 1 dance later in the week as part of one of my workouts. What are some other Greek foods to eat besides olives and feta?
  • jamacianredhair
    Options
    Hummus? I dunno I'm gonna google it later I'll let y'all know if I find anything good :)
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercise=done, Greek food=done, sugar free=done, arm challenge=done (did yesterday too but forgot to report) and dance practice=done....I think the competitive side of me is going to help meet my goals!
  • bsehorn
    Options
    I made a post that I will edit daily as I go, is this weeks race considered 5 days or 7? Also I will not be doing the arm challenge or squat challenge as I am on a schedule for what I work on each day to give my muscles recovery time. I also cannot comment on posts from my phone (my laptop is packed away because I am moving soon) so I guess that takes me out of the accountability challenge as well. Don't worry I will pull as many miles as I can and am working on bonus points with the Greek food road block ;)

Understand completely.... Just do what you can!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Today I went for a deep tissue massage after work - soooo needed! I did the arm challenge early this morning since I knew I wouldn't after the massage. Greek yogurt for breakfast and spinach with my lunch - though to be honest that's what I eat pretty much every work day. I had a Luna bar and a Starbucks latte this afternoon, so didn't meet the nutritional challenge today.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Exercise "miles": 80 minutes of cardio...37 hiking + 43 minutes Zumba DVD's (with Mamma Mia practice...I even had my husband try it; he was great!!)
    Greek yogurt with lunch
    Working on accountability challenge as I type ;)
    We are 1/4th of the way to Greece! Go Team! :)

• jamacianredhair
    Options
    My miles for today is 120. Did 60 min on the treadmill and core synergistics p90x 60 min, also made a Greek salad for lunch!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Great job 6 degrees of awesome we are doing great.
    Squat day 8 rest day but did I rest oh no did did 30 this morning with MuTu, got my 11000+ steps in , walked 1.5 miles on my break, arm challenge day 2 done, nutrition challenge day 2 no refined sugar, ate spinach at breakfast & Greek yogurt at snack
    Hope I didn't forget anything

Thanks for posting the links for our team mates
    Keep posting your encouragements to each other
    Let us know if anyone is struggling so we can support you
    Have a great night
    Tomorrow is hump day woot woot
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I ran for 34 minutes and had a spinach smoothie. I'm also commenting on people's pages.
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Arm sore but exercise- done
    squats- done
    Greek food - done
    no white flour/bread - done
    exercise - done

not a bad day!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Is everyone able to access spread sheet ??? If not let us know so we can put your minutes on spreadsheet
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am here, just not able to post as often, but I am about to update the spreadsheet with mine!!
  • jamacianredhair
    Options
    I cannot access the spreadsheet if someone could help me out....
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Is everyone able to access spread sheet ??? If not let us know so we can put your minutes on spreadsheet

Good morning! I cannot access the spreadsheet if someone could help out. Monday was 60 min Tues was 120
  • Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I cannot access the spreadsheet if someone could help me out....
    murdog3t wrote: »

Good morning! I cannot access the spreadsheet if someone could help out. Monday was 60 min Tues was 120

Done
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team!!!!

Who is ready to take on the day? We only have 3007 miles to go! So, it is still a little to early to start asking, "Are we there yet"? LOL We are rocking these miles!

I am wasn't able to get my work out in this morning, hoping to get it in tonight!
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi team!

Here's an update for me:
    Monday - 101 minutes
    Greek food done (Pasta Salad - Dinner- homemade!)

Tuesday - 81 minutes & Roadblock #1
    Greek food ( Dinner- pita w/lamb slices, red onions, yogurt sauce)

Wednesday-
    Greek Food (same pita meal as Tuesday but for lunch instead of dinner)

I am not participating in the nutrition challenge nor the arms challenge (this week). I am still doing the squats but I guess those aren't counting as points.

I'm not sure how the accountability challenge is going to go for me. Because of my schedule I tend to update every other day or so instead of everyday.

Now, I think I've covered everything. If not...

Oh, and I did update my information in the spreadsheet today. And I have had a chance to read the previous postings from you all and I see that this team really ROCKS! Keep up the good work!

• bsehorn
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Exercise "miles": 80 minutes of cardio...37 hiking + 43 minutes Zumba DVD's (with Mamma Mia practice...I even had my husband try it; he was great!!)
    Greek yogurt with lunch
    Working on accountability challenge as I type ;)
    We are 1/4th of the way to Greece! Go Team! :)

You're doing great! How did you get your husband to do the dance? I asked mine and he just looked at me like, uh....I don't think so!
  • bsehorn
    Options
    Exercise in for the day, as well as dance practice, some Greek food, still doing the "white out", arm challenge and I posted to a new friend in the group. Hope I got it all in!
    I have to say...I know it is only the first few days of this, but it really is helping me! I didn't sleep well last night worrying about some things and I really didn't want to workout after work, but I didn't want to let my team down so I went. I feel better for it too! Thanks everyone!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    Just logged in today. Our team is doing great!! With the 115 minutes I added, we are 48% there! This is really making me move more throughout the day. In addition to my usual morning workout I have been trying to walk at lunch, and do some weights in the evening. Today we had exception weather in northeast Ohio. I was able to cycle just a little bit before it got dark. Can't wait for daylight savings time.