Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• sillymetwo
    sillymetwo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a fantastic day! Spent the last half hour getting organized. I have never participated in a group setting like this before. Looking forward to it!! Even though I am not an athlete, I find that there is a competitive side to me. I think that working as a team will make it even more so. LET’S GET READY TO ROCK!
  • sillymetwo
    Options
    I sent a friend request Jamacianredhair and I think she is the last one on my friend list. If I am correct valtheran0 is the one who is not participating?
  • sillymetwo
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    ka97 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, but I will not be able to fulfill the exercise minutes this week. Normally, it would not be a problem as I average 6-8 hours a week of exercise/training. It's unfortunate that yesterday's half marathon doesn't count, but I understand that those are the rules. I've been excited about this challenge, so the timing of it all just kinda sucks. This week has been planned as a rest and recovery week, and I have been needing it and looking forward to it. My last couple of weeks of training were really tough, and I was starting to show signs of overtraining. The ultra competitive part of me has thought about going ahead and doing the challenge minutes - in fact I even brought my swim bag to work today. But I just can't. I need to take care of my body (and mind) and right now it needs rest. I expect that by the end of the week I'll be itching to work out, and so I can commit to 120 minutes, but I can't promise anything more than that.
    I do understand that this puts an burden on everyone else. If the team would prefer that I drop out so that you can replace me with someone else, I would understand.

Otherwise, I am planning to do the Greek roadblock (greek yogurt and spinach already for today), and the accountability and nutritional challenges (though I have to admit I am quite overwhelmed with having to post to all the different threads). I think I have friended everyone and added my name to the spreadsheet, but I will double check . I will also try to do the arm challenge as I don't think that will interfere much with the rest and recovery process.

We got you!

Yes we do!
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Did the arm challenge and continue with squat challenge. Also 150min of workout. So far so good. Ate Greek yogurt does that count towards Greek food? I normally don't eat feta cheese, olives etc...

How is everyone doing? Tough day at work and I still have to go back to laptop and work some more but I will get there
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    I asked about the Greek yogurt and Yes!! it counts.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hey team no need to post on the spreadsheet what activities u did .its best if you post that here in the thread let's keep the sheet clean & easy to read . Old eyes tiny numbers... Lol
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercise done for the day, arm challenge done, practiced dance and I went sugar-free all day for the first time in my life! I'm feeling pretty good about my accomplishments!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    bsehorn wrote: »
    Exercise done for the day, arm challenge done, practiced dance and I went sugar-free all day for the first time in my life! I'm feeling pretty good about my accomplishments!

Wow! Awesome Brenda! Way to go! :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    tmn2016 wrote: »
    Did the arm challenge and continue with squat challenge. Also 150min of workout. So far so good. Ate Greek yogurt does that count towards Greek food? I normally don't eat feta cheese, olives etc...

How is everyone doing? Tough day at work and I still have to go back to laptop and work some more but I will get there

Hey Jessica! Lots of minutes of exercise PLUS the challenges! Great job!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    sillymetwo wrote: »
    Hope you all had a fantastic day! Spent the last half hour getting organized. I have never participated in a group setting like this before. Looking forward to it!! Even though I am not an athlete, I find that there is a competitive side to me. I think that working as a team will make it even more so. LET’S GET READY TO ROCK!

Yep, valtheran0 is the one MIA, but he is off the team now, so you have probably friended all of us! It took me awhile to get organized as well, but I think we got it! We are on our way to Greece!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ah found the thread! I'm still going through everything and trying to figure it out. I will try my best to get my minutes of excersize in. I honestly didn't realize how much posting and other things would be involved. I'm a full time graduate student and working and have been finding it hard to get my work done and a workout in as well. But Im going to do my best. I hope everyone has a great week and I will try to check in with you all again! Also I'm not positive if I'm missing people to friend, so add me if I missed you.

Greek food? Ah good thing I eat Greek yogurt almost every day!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did my 6 mile walk, ate Greek yogurt. I still have a couple of people to friend.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Great first day of the amazing race
    Arm challenge day 1 done
    Squat challenge day 7 done
    12000+ steps (5.4 miles total) walk on my breaks at work
    Hitt work out done at the gym
    Food challenge ate Greek yogurt & had spinach at breakfast
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I completed 45 min of hiit on my treadmill, spent 15 min doing squats and deadlifts. I also had Greek yogurt for a sweet snack!
  • sillymetwo
    Options
    It was a bit hectic, but I got everything done.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Off to a pretty good start...40 minutes of Zumba, worked on Roadblock #1 (it is such fun!), had some Greek yogurt, and I'm pretty sure I met all the accountability challenge requirements. Will try to increase my "miles" tomorrow. :)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Got a workout in. Old Donna Richardson DVD, but fun and makes me move. Then the Momma Mia dance! Hope to walk at lunch too.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Ok a recap:
    Monday day 1
    29 minutes (miles)
    Day 1 arm challenge (time included above)
    Two posts of encouragement
    Ate Kalamata Olives with dinner
    Sadly, I had white flour and some sugar

And I have friend requested everyone on the team. But please feel free to double check me and send me one if I missed you.

I think that is everything. I do want to try the Mamm Mia dance yet too!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Who is ready to rock and roll and kick day two's butt?!?!?!

Got day two of arms done! 25 minute workout done!!!

You can do this, I have faith in you! If I could get up with my alarm and not roll over and go back to sleep, you can too!!! (Seriously it was hard this morning.)

Planning on adding Kalamata olives to my lunch today to keep the Greek food streak going!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 2 got my arm workout done... greek yogurt this am..
    Have a great Tuesday everyone