Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot about adding my miles! Added them now :)
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ha! When I practiced last night my husband said, "babe you have to really kick your heal to your butt. You're doing it wrong." The sevens going to my right is really difficult for me. I just keep trying. It's a great workout regardless.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    Ha! When I practiced last night my husband said, "babe you have to really kick your heal to your butt. You're doing it wrong." The sevens going to my right is really difficult for me. I just keep trying. It's a great workout regardless.

Men! Has HE tried it?? My husband put it on the computer for me so I can play it in a continuous loop on the TV. While he was working on it, he watched it quite a few times and THINKS it looks easy, but has yet to try it!! :D
    I'm used to mirroring from Zumba, so my rights are her lefts and the sevens go all over the place! :o
    Are you going to buy a little dress and sash for your video? B)
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I am really good at the threes! The toe point kick things, NOPE!

And apparently for the Irish food part of the challenge, Irish Coffee is ok, but Guinness and Kililan's Irish Red is not. That makes no sense. (For the record, i would have happily prepared something Irish for dinner this week but I had my meal plan done prior to the challenge being announced.)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Hey, so i have a fitbit and have received a friction burn on my wrist and am scared to wear it... I was doing so well with keeping track of my exercise and now i feel like logging minutes of walking on mfp is going to be incorrect because of how my walking varies. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have a phone you can carry while you walk? There is a free app. called cardio trainer that I use that works great! You can select the type of exercise you want, the intensity of the work-out, and it will record steps, time, distance, etc. You can pause in your walking and then resume when you start back up as well. You can even play music through it! See if it is available in your Google play store. Let me know how it goes! :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »

And apparently for the Irish food part of the challenge, Irish Coffee is ok, but Guinness and Kililan's Irish Red is not. That makes no sense. (For the record, i would have happily prepared something Irish for dinner this week but I had my meal plan done prior to the challenge being announced.)

Nooooo...no skipping of challenges by you allowed!! We need every point we can get! As far as I can tell, Team #1 won the first leg, but our 6 DEGREES OF AWESOME is in second! This is our chance to pull even! Cook an Irish breakfast on Sunday! Improvise! Mash up some potatoes! Boil some onions! The possibilities are endless! :D;)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey, so i have a fitbit and have received a friction burn on my wrist and am scared to wear it... I was doing so well with keeping track of my exercise and now i feel like logging minutes of walking on mfp is going to be incorrect because of how my walking varies. Does anyone have any suggestions?

There is a product called "bodyglide"; a lot of triathletes and some runners use it. However, you could also try using deodorant, a little vasoline, or even some cooking spray applied to the area(s) that rub. I know it sounds weird, but people actually do it, to prevent that very problem.

I could totally do an Irish Coffee! I don't actually have any Irish whisky though, so I'd have to go to the bar.
    What if I just went and ate something at the Irish Pub? Think that would count? It would be food cooked by an Irish guy. :)

Today I was tired, really tired. I know it's partially from last night's lift and spin (always a killer workout). And starting TOM doesn't help. I still ran though - a little over 5 miles. I felt really slow, but it wasn't actually as bad as I had thought. It took awhile to warm/loosen up, but then the last couple of miles didn't feel too bad. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'll check out the dance videos tomorrow. We just have to do them once, right? Not actually learn it with any degree of proficiency?
  • mswanger09
    edited March 2016
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »

Nooooo...no skipping of challenges by you allowed!! We need every point we can get! As far as I can tell, Team #1 won the first leg, but our 6 DEGREES OF AWESOME is in second! This is our chance to pull even! Cook an Irish breakfast on Sunday! Improvise! Mash up some potatoes! Boil some onions! The possibilities are endless! :D;)

The thing is making Irish food requires a trip to the store and I don't know when I will be able to do that. So, while I am out I will have an Irish coffee since that is an acceptable substitute. I am going out all day Friday, will check if there are any Irish options.

@ka97, I think ordering food out is an ok option!
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love getting on here and seeing some of the comments...you make me laugh and the encouraging words are great to read!
    I've eaten plenty of "colors" today, but my problem is having company in town. How do you get home late from work and then tell your company, that is staying in your home, that I have to leave again and go workout?! This is after I fix dinner for everyone... Sorry no workout "miles" tonight but should get off work at a normal hour and get to the gym before coming home tomorrow.
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »

There is a product called "bodyglide"; a lot of triathletes and some runners use it. However, you could also try using deodorant, a little vasoline, or even some cooking spray applied to the area(s) that rub. I know it sounds weird, but people actually do it, to prevent that very problem.

I could totally do an Irish Coffee! I don't actually have any Irish whisky though, so I'd have to go to the bar.
    What if I just went and ate something at the Irish Pub? Think that would count? It would be food cooked by an Irish guy. :)

Today I was tired, really tired. I know it's partially from last night's lift and spin (always a killer workout). And starting TOM doesn't help. I still ran though - a little over 5 miles. I felt really slow, but it wasn't actually as bad as I had thought. It took awhile to warm/loosen up, but then the last couple of miles didn't feel too bad. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'll check out the dance videos tomorrow. We just have to do them once, right? Not actually learn it with any degree of proficiency?

This is what the "Golden Ticket #2 says about the Irish dance: "You must do all seven videos for credit. You can break them up over the course of the seven days."
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Quick check in, it's been a long day. Didn't get to the gym tonight but will fit one in tomorrow! Gonna make my Irish meal tomorrow, ate greens and orange today. Keep kickin butt everyone!
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing Race Week 2:
    Day 1: 30 min ab ripper bonus* Banana
    Day 2: 30 min treadmill 30 min biceps and squats bonus* tomatoes and broccoli
    Total Miles: 90

I added your miles!
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! :# I love this team, I love being held responsible to log time being active! Happy early St Patty's day everyone!!
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Diana6ft wrote: »

Men! Has HE tried it?? My husband put it on the computer for me so I can play it in a continuous loop on the TV. While he was working on it, he watched it quite a few times and THINKS it looks easy, but has yet to try it!! :D
    I'm used to mirroring from Zumba, so my rights are her lefts and the sevens go all over the place! :o
    Are you going to buy a little dress and sash for your video? B)

He tried it...and by tried I mean flopped around the living room like a crazy person! No dress and sash, but I will make sure to wear a bra ( I've been practicing in my PJs this far)!!
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    RachaelB11 wrote: »
    Amazing Race Week 2:
    Day 1: 30 min ab ripper bonus* Banana
    Day 2: 30 min treadmill 30 min biceps and squats bonus* tomatoes and broccoli
    Total Miles: 90

I added your miles!

Ty
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    I killed my hike this morning. I took the fewest breaks ever and felt strong the whole way. I ate a ton of fruits and veggies today. All of the rainbow was included. I didn't get to practice the dance today, so I have a lot of rehearsing to do before my big facebook debut!! Keep it up team We're almost to Ireland!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    It's St Patty's Day and we are almost to Ireland!!!! Can we make it there by the end of the day?!?!?

I have one workout in for the day, planning on working out after work too! I have been eating lots of colors all week.

Have a great day everyone!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Top o' the Morning Awesome Team!
    May your day be touched by a bit of Irish luck,
    brightened by a song in your heart,
    and warmed by the smiles of the people you love.
    ~Irish Blessing
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!! :)
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Crockpot corn beef and cabage is a cookin'! Happy Saint Patrick's day!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying reading the thread too. Proficient with the dances, no. But give all seven videos a try . they are short!! The answer to the Irish food dilemma is Potatoes!!! Any kind at any meal! When we were in ireland. we were served them with every meal regardless of what we ordered. even when we weren't in touristy areas the potatoes appeared on the table.