Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Amazing Race week 2:
    Day 1: 30 min ab ripper bonus* Banana
    Day 2: 30 min treadmill 30 min biceps and squats bonus* tomatoes and broccoli
    Day 3: 45 min cardio bonus* Broccoli
    Day 4: 45 min cardio 30 min lower body bonus* Cabbage
    Total Miles: 210
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @Diana6ft you did so well! You really do make it look easy! Thanks for sharing with us :-)
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @diana6ft .... applause!!!!! As a former dance teacher, awesome job, you did great. We should get extra points for you posting that. Thanks so much for sharing
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi team 6 degrees for Awesome: WE DID AWESOME last week.......
    We already made it to Ireland. The following have not posted this week so far on the spreadsheet: ahawkins494, Faithlt365, renallilan815 & sillymetwo. Hope all is well. Keep up the good work the more miles we make the more points we get. keep posting encouragements to each other. The Irish dance was hard but I gave it my best. Leg & arm challenge still going strong. I look forward to hearing from you...
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Great job @Diana6ft
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My sister loved it, now she's doing it! After my kids helped me get all of the steps right we watched some River Dance on YouTube. Oh man! Now that I've tried the simplest stuff I can really appreciate what they do. It's crazy!

I did my run this morning then worked out with my kettle bell. I'm hoping to go for a walk later, so I won't be posting to the spread sheet until tonight.

Have a great day everyone! Oh! I'll be eating my irish food today too.
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Diana6ft I loved that video!! Great job. I am doing the dancing tonight on the big screen at the gym in a studio room with a friend of mine. I'm sure it will be awful embarrassing.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    RachaelB11 wrote: »
    @Diana6ft I loved that video!! Great job. I am doing the dancing tonight on the big screen at the gym in a studio room with a friend of mine. I'm sure it will be awful embarrassing.

You'll do great! Can you have someone film you and post it here as well??
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    Yes! We want to see it!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @murdog3t and the rest of our AWESOME team! I don't know if anyone else noticed, but we came in 4th last week in the first leg. We are kicking it in mileage, but the challenges are slowing us down. @ahawkins494 and @FaithIt365 log at the end of the week (ahawkins has done the Irish Dance challenge), @renalilan815 is still logging onto MFP, but @sillymetwo has not logged on since March 8th, so I guess she is officially MIA. Has anyone done this before and know how they take into account that Team 1 has 19 active members and we are now down to only 17? My highly competitive nature is taking over my brain!! ;)
    Hey, @ka97, thanks for doing the dance challenge! It's great to see us leave our comfort zones and "take one for the team". What an amazing group! <3
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Checking in from phone so keeping it short. Had s great lifting session
  • ka97
    Options
    .....and yet again half my post is cut off!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, just got on spreadsheet to update my exercise min... do we have an accountability challenge this week as well? I don't remember reading about that one?
  • hawkins410
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    .....and yet again half my post is cut off!

Don't hit the return... (maybe)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »
    Hi ladies, just got on spreadsheet to update my exercise min... do we have an accountability challenge this week as well? I don't remember reading about that one?

Yes, but it was easy and you did it! :)
    It was to log in every day for five days (your food and exercise) and I know you did it because I saw it!! ;)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    Corned beef and cabbage tonite!!
  • murdog3t
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @murdog3t and the rest of our AWESOME team! I don't know if anyone else noticed, but we came in 4th last week in the first leg. We are kicking it in mileage, but the challenges are slowing us down. @ahawkins494 and @FaithIt365 log at the end of the week (ahawkins has done the Irish Dance challenge), @renalilan815 is still logging onto MFP, but @sillymetwo has not logged on since March 8th, so I guess she is officially MIA. Has anyone done this before and know how they take into account that Team 1 has 19 active members and we are now down to only 17? My highly competitive nature is taking over my brain!! ;)
    Hey, @ka97, thanks for doing the dance challenge! It's great to see us leave our comfort zones and "take one for the team". What an amazing group! <3

I have contacted Melanie to see what we should do about our MIA and possible new team members ..... Hope to hear from her soon. In the mean time we need as many of us as possible to do all the challenges and roadblocks to get into fist place....
  • Diana6ft
    Options
    @shaunie126 totally inspired me to really go for it today. After dinner I walked 4 miles with my 15 year old daughter. More than just trying to win, spending an hour with her unplugged was great. We had a good conversation about life that I don't think I would have had without it. I'm hiking tomorrow morning. I say this every Friday night, but I truly mean it today. I'm in beast mode this week! I think the jig took me to the next level ;) Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • ka97
    Options
    I just updated the app on my phone - curious if that will resolve the problem I've been having with posts getting cut off.

I've got a run planned for this morning and will update the spreadsheet this afternoon. I think I've got all the roadblocks and challenges done except for the irish food. I'll somehow get that done this weekend, even if it means a trip to the pub
  • hawkins410
    Options
    A trip to the pub sounds like a great solution! :)