Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been a bit MIA this past week. It was TOM and I was bloated and feeling horrible in general. I've been having a problem with my right ankle since January causing me not to be able to walk properly, but I've been pushing myself to get 10,000 or more steps in a day. To top it off I somehow strained the muscle in my 'good' leg while walking the dog..
    So now I have a busted right ankle and tight left quad.. Saw a podiatrist on Friday, and he said I shouldn't be doing anything unnecessary, ie working out etc. I told him, I've not done any yoga or been to the gym since January and feel the urge to just do it with pain and all, but he said I will most likely mess up my ankle more. BUT I did do an hour or so of slow and modified yoga today and it felt good, on rest of the body, ankle might disagree a bit, but it's all good after resting it the rest of the day.
    The egg-ercize for this week, I will give it a go, but will modify it as needed. The water challenge seems it is going to be the biggest challenge for me this week.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    GREAT NEWS!! :)We actually came in Second Place in Week #1 (not 4th)! Our 15pts. for completion, plus the extra 5 pts. for the 50% mileage overage, has now been added in, and those 20 points squeaked us up in the rankings! So, look out first place, this AWESOME team is on it's way!! :D

WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is great news!

@Andtian2_4, just do what you can for the road blocks. We have you on the miles. Just so we know that you are here and cheering us on will be a huge help for us! Hope you leg and ankle feel better soon!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    GREAT NEWS!! :)We actually came in Second Place in Week #1 (not 4th)! Our 15pts. for completion, plus the extra 5 pts. for the 50% mileage overage, has now been added in, and those 20 points squeaked us up in the rankings! So, look out first place, this AWESOME team is on it's way!! :D

WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is great news!

@Andtian2_4, just do what you can for the road blocks. We have you on the miles. Just so we know that you are here and cheering us on will be a huge help for us! Hope you leg and ankle feel better soon!

I talked with Melodie and we can add our points from week 1 that I missed in to week 2 with a notation .... We are killing it
    Don't forget to post by tonight for last week so I can do the tabulations yes if completed no if didn't so I know your still around
    There is no one on the waiting list for the amazing race so if we have MIA hopefully they will show up we can remove after 2 weeks of no posting but I really hope/ want everyone to stick with it ....
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I've posted my egg recipe and done one day of the egg video. Honestly, it was kinda weird, but at least it's short. I used an egg shaped crayon since I didn't have any hard boiled eggs.

@120maggie - I have a bad ankle, so yeah anything one legged is tough for me. And they weren't really squats, but sort of a single leg squat and sort of a single leg deadlift. It was awkward.

@Andtian2_4 - there's a good possibility you hurt the good quad by overcompensating for the bad ankle. Be careful! Did the podiatrist tell you what was wrong?

I hate water challenges, but I really need them. I'm sooooo awful about drinking water. Almost done for the day though :) We had some snow this morning and I was a little worried I was going to have to rework my entire week's workout plan, but roads were clean this afternoon - no trouble getting to the gym. Today was a lifting day, and tomorrow is scheduled to be a run day.
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! I did the egg video and a very short workout today. Got my omegas in and working on drinkin more water! Have a good rest of the day!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @ka97 - I got a bit of a late start this morning (9am), and I was soooo hot!! It's been mid 90s for the last couple of weeks. I couldn't imagine even getting out of bed with snow outside. Good for you!!

I ate my omegas, drank my water and logged a bunch of miles. I'm heading out to Baskin Robin's after my kids clean the kitchen (which is taking forever). I tried my best to save calories for it.

I'm so excited that we ended up in second place!! We've all been working really hard.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good Evening 6 degrees of awesome! I drank my water (~100 oz), put in my recipe (easy points!), and ate my omegas through spinach. I haven't tried the video yet; I'm too pooped. But tomorrow I will give it a whirl! :smile:
    One easy way I track water: each bottle of water is 16.9 oz. I just jot down as I refill & drink and then multiply. As Melodie would say, "easy peasy"! Can't wait to get to Hershey and go to the factory...can we sample the chocolate while we are there? ;)Happy Racing Team!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with squat challenge day 21
    Arm challenge day 15 posted my egg receipt I did the egg video not to bad I only did 2 rounds cuz I already did a full body weight training session and am tired. always drink half my body weight in water sometime I have to flavor with lemon or weak weak watered down green tea I'll make 1 hot cup and water it completely down - 1 cup green tea with 32 oz of water and drink it in between my meals
    Love decaf green tea
    Have good night stay
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Good Evening 6 degrees of awesome! I drank my water (~100 oz), put in my recipe (easy points!), and ate my omegas through spinach. I haven't tried the video yet; I'm too pooped. But tomorrow I will give it a whirl! :smile:
    One easy way I track water: each bottle of water is 16.9 oz. I just jot down as I refill & drink and then multiply. As Melodie would say, "easy peasy"! Can't wait to get to Hershey and go to the factory...can we sample the chocolate while we are there? ;)Happy Racing Team!!

I use an app called aqua alert to track my water
  • Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

@ka97, it is an old injury. But this time it feels like something in the ball of my foot has been irritated that started the whole flare up and everyone is saying rest and don't strain too much. The podiatrist did a scan and my second to fourth toe didn't even touch the scanner thing, even though i tried to distribute my weight evenly, with pain and all, on the scanner. So I'm getting customised shoe soles and see if with those I walk properly and distribute my weight better and irritation goes away. X-rays show no broken bones or anything, it is a bit of wait and see, next step is manual (manipulation) therapy, since physiotherapy hasn't helped.
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @hawkins410, you don't get to tour the factory. BUT there is something called Chocolate World that takes you through a mini tour of simulated factory. Best part........THERE ARE FREE SAMPLES AT THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUM! And of course, a gift shop with lots of candy and t-shirts. Just a shame that Hershey Park won't be open yet.

The funny thing, based on my current miles, I would be in Hershey already.
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just did the egg workout it was fun to switch things up! My husband and I were talking last night about doing p90x again as our bodies are adjusting to the routines we are doing.

He is jealous that I'm doing this challenge and says he wants to do the next one. If anyone drops out he will gladly join our team, but he wants someone other than me to message and invite him lol

Have a great day everyone off to do housework. I'll update my spreadsheet tonight after the gym.
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @jamacianredhair I think it is an awesome idea! I wonder if @Melodieccurn would allow it. As far as I can tell, we've had three team members drop out. What does everyone else think?
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @jamacianredhair I think it is an awesome idea! I wonder if @Melodieccurn would allow it. As far as I can tell, we've had three team members drop out. What does everyone else think?

I will second the motion that we let @jamacianredhair's husband join our team!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! I'm jealous. I tried to explain the challenge to my husband who has never gained an ounce since high school and got a huh look??
  • leti126
    Options
    @jamacianredhair He should definitely join our group!

• Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes! He should be on our team. Then we'll really have a shot at first!
  • leti126
    Options
    Quick check in. Everyone is doing so well! I posted my egg recipe (avocado egg salad), got my minutes in, did the egg video workout, planning on eating my omegas later today and working on downing water! keep up the good work all
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @murdog3t ... it looks like we are at 6 out of 6 votes on having @jamacianredhair's husband join our team! :)
    Do you think you could ask @Melodieccurn for us? We are down three team members (four, if you count @valtheran0). If he started today, he'd have enough days left to do all the challenges! B)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Wow - so much activity on here during the day! :) I feel like I'm playing catchup every night.
    I'm also in favor of having jamacianredhair's husband join us.

@Diana6ft - it is hard to get outside sometimes when it's really cold, but I'd much rather run in the cold than in the heat. During the summers I have to get out really early in the morning or I just can't stand it.

@Andtian2_4 - do you swim? That and upper body lifting were what kept me sane, and in decent shape, during injuries.

Egg video is done, run is done, and I've got the omegas plenty covered. I hate this water challenge. I need it, but I hate it. Almost done for the day, then I can have another cup of coffee :)