• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Nothing else I typed got posted...weird
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing!!! Seriously??? :s
    Just out of curiosity......have any of you done one of these amazing race challenges before? Anyone know if there is going to continue to be dancing almost every week?
    I'm wishing now I had squeezed in a workout Friday so that I could take tomorrow off. But I didn't. So I lift tomorrow. That's just the way it is. It's going to be a tough/busy week at work and I'm already feeling a bit overwhelmed. I may not get to the spreadsheet until the end of the week, but I promise I will keep on track with the challenges.
  • ka97
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Nothing else I typed got posted...weird

I've had that problem a lot when posting from my phone.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Egypt, here we come! *Only* 6642 miles! This is our time to show what we are made of 6 degrees of awesome! :)
    Don't forget to log your favorite way to eat eggs before we leave Hershey. Here's the link again: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10355883/the-incredible-edible-egg-road-block-2-post/p4
    I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
    Welcome back from your mini-vacation @leti126!
    @ka97, you only have to do each belly dance video once :wink:
    Thank you @120maggie...I never want to see the Depression Days of the '30's again! :o
    @Diana6ft Do we get another video? :D
    Kudos to @mswanger09 for her awesome weightloss...even in Hershey!! B)
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410, thank you! I was shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning! I really thought I was seeing things, stepped on and off several times and even moved it to a different spot to make sure!

Anyone have any idea what we need to do for the nutritional roadblock? I have read several times and I feel like I am missing something.
  • ka97
    Options
    Yeah I'll do the belly dance, or at least sort of work through the videos. Probably not until the end of the week though. I just wish for something different.
    The difficult thing this week will be trying to keep track of the stairs. I teach, and my classroom is on the second floor, so there are a lot of stairs in my day, which is great. I need to figure out some system for keeping track of it though.
    And the Egyptian food. Will have to figure out what to eat. Meals are planned for the week, so got to figure out some way to modify something.
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @mswanger09 I have a question in to @Melodieccurn about the Nutritional Challenge. I'm not quite getting how to log it either.
    I googled Egyptian foods (I'm such a nerd) and almonds, raisins, grapes and celery are all good snack foods for Roadblock #3.
    Getting ready to upload the belly dances! :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Ok... lets try this again but from my computer....
    Please post your info to the spreadsheet by Monday before you go to bed, I have to have totals to our organizer by Tuesday AM. Egypt is far away.... this week 6642 miles
    that is a lot of minutes. if we wanna make it we need to step it up. Lots of great Roadblocks(RB). no partial credits this week its all or nothing. Hopefully you all had a great Easter Holiday and a blessed rest of the week.
  • mswanger09
    edited March 2016
    Options
    With the nutritional challenges I wish they would be posted sooner so that I can meal plan and not have to make another trip to the store.

I am going to have to randomly walk up and down steps to get them in. I don't have stairs in my everyday life. All ready made 2 trips down to the basement this morning.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    ^ ^ ^
    Two flights already @mswanger09 ! I figure we need about 12 flights/day. I have stairs in my house and stairs outside at work, so I'm covered. Actually it will be good because it will get me outside during lunch! :)
    @ka97 I'm going to have the tracking problem too. Do you have pockets? You could transfer something small like a dime or tic-tac each time you go up a flight. I'm just going to keep a post-it note for each day and jot a chicken scratch each flight. Good luck! :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @hawkins410, had to put my jeans in the dryer and get them back out. I am planning on setting the timer on my phone and just randomly walk up and down steps for 15-20 minutes tonight. This will help on the stair challenge and give me more minutes over all!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    ^^^
    @mswanger09, what an awesome idea! B)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Howdy team!

There is a thread for the nutritional challenge where you post your favorite food and why it is your favorite. It is a quick and easy 10 points! I added a column to the spreadsheet so that you can log it once you have completed it.

And here is the link to the thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10360808/healthy-foods-nutritional-challenge#latest
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA from the boards this week. Had a tough week but good news is got all the challenges done and posted. No weight loss this week for me but I did stay the same. kudos to @mswanger09 for her AMAZING weight loss this week!!! Cant wait for the video of @Diana6ft bellydancing... :D
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @dtplow, Thank you!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    It sounds like RB #3 is a super easy 10 points! Here is Melodie's response to ka97's question:
    ka97 wrote: »
    Roadblock #3 - Is it one Egyptian meal over the course of the week? Or one ingredient per day? per meal?
    I will take ingredient or meal whatever you want to do.
    It doesn't have to be a certain amount of times just an honest try to eat the foods .
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for some clarifications! I tried out the belly dancing and am so bad at it but at least I tried. I also ran the stairs at my apartment complex (20) and boy did that get me sweating! We only count going up correct? That's what I would assume! Keep up the good work all!
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So I have a two story house so upstairs is considered two flights or one? And do we count going down? I went up and down this morning 3 times because I kept forgetting stuff :D
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    @jamacianredhair Don't think going down counts. :(

Too bad we didn't have the stairs challenge and the water drinking challenge in the same week. There are upstairs bathrooms at both home and work. I could have tied them both in together! Actually that is what I am doing to add some flights. Run to the upstairs loo!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »
    Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA from the boards this week. Had a tough week but good news is got all the challenges done and posted. No weight loss this week for me but I did stay the same. kudos to @mswanger09 for her AMAZING weight loss this week!!! Cant wait for the video of @Diana6ft bellydancing... :D

you know I wont let you guys down. My kids really love watching me on youtube. They're going to make so much fun of me with this one!!!