Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @Andtian2_4 we wish you a speedy recovery!! Good luck!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Day 2 with this weird stomach bug. Actually I feel fine, as long as I don't move. Hoping its all good tomorrow.

@Andtian2_4 Take care of the injuries! Hope you have a quick recovery!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @Andtian2_4 take care of yourself. I've had my knee scoped out for meniscus tears. If the Dr recommends it have it done!! Makes all the difference. I was back skiing in no time.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Finally made it to the top of the pyramid!!! Bonus for me is since I don't climb stairs during my day, it became a dedicated work out!!! So glad to be getting the extra miles in! (Helps on another challenge too!)

Off to Belly Dance!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @ka97 Sure hope your belly bug has gone away! :/
    @mswanger09 Yay on reaching the top of the pyramid! What did you think of the belly dancing?
    @120maggie Have fun with your daughter and visit the bars a LOT! ;)
    @bsehorn Impressive that you got your workout in on Wednesday even though you had company!
    @RachaelB11 Happy Friday back to your Happy Tuesday! :)
    @murdog3t Hope the psych unit and the medical unit got untangled and you got to rest from the stress of it! :s
    @leti126 Congrats on your 145 (and counting) log-in streak!
    @ahawkins494 Let me know if you need me to post your minutes on the spreadsheet for you!
    @jamacianredhair and @buddahboy87 Hope all is well!
    @tmn2016 Love those minutes (miles) you keep posting! It sure would be fun to have you join in the challenges too! :)
    @tooru Any luck with the Zumba? Weekend Greetings from across "the pond"!
    @dtplow How did the shakshuka turn out? It sounded interesting!
    And lastly, @Diana6ft You know we are all dying to see your belly dancing video!!! :D

To our whole awesome team:
    Happy Friday & Happy Weekend!! We are over 50% of the way to Egypt and the closest of any team! We just MIGHT make it!! Even if we don't, we can still take FIRST PLACE for the second week in a row with the challenges! <3
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 thanks! You're such a great teammate!

Keep up the great work team :-) Egypt is very far but I'm so impressed with all the miles logged already :-)

Tonight I made a hummus crusted chicken( hummus is a rather Egyptian food I'm pretty sure) and it came out delicious. Made it over a bed of veggies( zucchini, onions and peppers.) and the boyfriend liked it too which is impressive because he's pretty picky when it comes to "healthy" haha
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been sick ALL week. I still have 50 flights of stairs and two of the belly dancing videos to try. I'm sorry to say there will be no videos of me belly dancing, but there is good news. I'm feeling much better tonight. I know I'll be able to do the stairs and dancing tomorrow!! I'm hiking too. I really want to make it to Egypt!!! Great job this week team.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    ^^^ Just an added incentive to get to Egypt! :)
    @Diana6ft...so glad you are feeling better!! Sorry to hear there will be no video but here is one that I thought looks like what you would have done ;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFxTh0zvUYQ
    "SEE THE PYRAMIDS ALONG THE NILE"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUD4jbyPEHM
    If we all pull together awesome team, we can make it!! B)
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410, thank you! The belly dancing was ok. I knew some of the moves from doing Zumba and several years ago on FitTv, there was a belly dancing workout. I like how she broke things down and the camera work was MUCH better then the Irish Dancing! Wish the Irish dancing would have been done like this.
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am so disappointed in myself for forgetting to post yesterday...I really wanted those points! Ugh!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Morning from Ohio university. Ate at a cuban restaurant last night. Not very Egyptian but I do have 97 minutes that can go on the spreadsheet for yesterday. Girls and the whole town is still sleeping but I got a 45 minute walk in already. Plus we are going zip lining and rope climbing this afternoon! I can see the pyramids in our horizon!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Morning from Ohio university. Ate at a cuban restaurant last night. Not very Egyptian but I do have 97 minutes that can go on the spreadsheet for yesterday. Girls and the whole town is still sleeping but I got a 45 minute walk in already. Plus we are going zip lining and rope climbing this afternoon! I can see the pyramids in our horizon!!

That sounds so fun! I put your 97 minutes in for yesterday. Hope you're zipping away and walking to the bars for a "refreshment" after. ;)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    bsehorn wrote: »
    I am so disappointed in myself for forgetting to post yesterday...I really wanted those points! Ugh!
    You logged in, so just go back and do your diary! It's still within the week! :)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better today. I did do my long run, which wasn't bad. I had a few moments of queasiness, but otherwise felt pretty good. I know I'm not 100% yet because the only thing I want to eat are dry carbs. Tomorrow we are supposed to get snow and wind, so I'm not really sure what the plan will be. Hopefully I can get to the gym. If not, I'll have to do something at home :(. And then snow again on Monday :(. Not sure what happened to spring!
    Steps are done, and I've been logging food every day. I still have the dancing to do tomorrow.
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Monday--not a great start this week; no workout and ate Easter dinner leftovers! I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow that includes the stair-stepper and a Zumba class.
    Tuesday-Got to the gym today and did 50 flights! Also did my hour Zumba class. Ate some grapes for my Egyptian food.
    Wednesday-The weather was so great here in Missouri that I went to the park and ran/walked over 3 miles. I also got in a few flights of stairs and a couple of belly dancing videos. I feel this has been the best day so far this week as far as my diet as well. Easter dinner was a definite set back, but I am back on track!
    Thursday-1 hour of workout even though I had company. Went out to eat but ate a salad and actually split it since it was so big!
    Friday-Only got in a 20 min. workout but at least I did something....busy day and night! I did eat before I went out so that I wasn't tempted to eat poorly at the Mavericks hockey game.
    Saturday-Went to the park since it is sunny outside today! I jog/walked and enjoyed the sunshine! I finished the belly dancing videos too! Need to work on my eating on the weekends though...so easy to munch on this and that when I am at home...
    Sunday-

• dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 "How did the shakshuka turn out? It sounded interesting!" It was good, although no one else in my family would try it.... so I had a few Eygptian meals this week! Finally got a chance on the computer so I will log in my minutes now. For some reason I can see the spreadsheet on my ipad but it is almost impossible to input data..... Have a good Saturday night everyone!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the dance video @hawkins410. Next time I'll do a video!
  • hawkins410
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey Awesome Team! We just got @ahawkins494 numbers in and we now have a shot at actually making it to EGYPT, AND for sure taking first place for the second week in a row! We just need everyone to really work it tomorrow/today and finish up the challenges and WE ARE THERE!! How awesome is that?? B)
    Let's do it!! :)
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I still have to update yesterday and today. We are getting ready to head to the gym total body today, going to do the stair master to get the rest of my flights in!! Only need about 5 more. Kevin has his between the stairs at work and home. I did the belly dancing on Friday but Kevin couldn't get into it. I hope everyone has a great day and I'll update the spreadsheet later today :smiley: